Wasn't sure whether this was a hello or a goodbye.

Discussion in 'Departure Hall' started by Lauriam, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Decided it would be a little of both. After my last disappearing act, it's only fair for me to stop by and say hello to everyone. Even though I've been busy, this place still has and always will have a special place in my heart, as the place where I met some of my best friends during my teenage angst years when "irl" meant my not-really-real life.

But unfortunately, this is not a real return. I still have two jobs, I still have volunteer work that consists of enough work to say a third job, and although I'm not currently taking anymore classes for awhile, I'm still really busy with some really important news.

A little less than two weeks ago, my boyfriend proposed. I said yes. Now we're doing as much planning as we can while we're together; it's a long distance relationship. We only have a few more days together before he has to leave again, so I've been pretty busy all week. And we're gonna have a fairly short engagement, so I'll be stretched pretty thin over the next few months with planning everything.

For those that want details or want to make sure he's right for me, I'll tell you a bit about his general geekiness.

First off, he's a Brony, so I'll get that out of the way. He was the one who made me sit down and watch Doctor Who for the first time, and recently even bought me weeping Angel earrings. He's a huge fan of the Zelda games and has a giant triforce tattoo and plans to get more. In fact, I bought him a Zelda engagement ring. He introduced me to Dungeons and Dragons, which I loved, and Magic the Gathering, and Munchkin, which I also loved. He enjoys Kingdom Hearts, but never really got into it as much as I did, but he fully supports my love of it and for Christmas, bought me a full sized keyblade, using the money he'd been saving for a Zelda Master Sword, I think he called it. Oh, and last Halloween he dressed up as Soos in disguise as "Not-Soos" from Gravity Falls.

I think that small glimpse into his geekiness should satisfy everybody that he's a decent match, but I can't prove how great the match really is without giving tmi. XD

But anyway, It'll be a good long time before I'm back, so this is a ttfn, ta-ta for now. (btw, he also loves Winnie The Pooh because nostalgia) I will eventually return, because I can't leave this place for good, but for now, this is goodbye. I'll talk to you all later. :)

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

aaaaaaa congratulations on getting engaged! :'D

We'll miss ya around here, Marushi! Good luck with your jobs, and enjoy not-single-dom! Just remember to pop back in and say hi every now and then~

ALSO DO WE GET TO SEE YOUR ROCK OwO

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

You go, girl!

Look forward to your return!

4. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Pops in to see responses even after saying goodbye XD

Here's the engagement ring. And thanks for all the likes and we'll wishes. :) You'll also be happy to hear I'm lobbying for "Dearly Beloved" as the music for when I walk down the aisle. XD

Attached Files:

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

That is a beautiful, elegant ring. Only fitting, of course. ;w;

WOULD YOU BELIEVE that Vitamin String Quartet played an arrangement of Dearly Beloved for their Geek Wedding album? :>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.