SotW Voting [voting] SotW #55 - Circle Brush/C4D, Woo

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Advent, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Alrighty, folks, here are your entries for this week's SotW. Voting closes on Friday, May 21st.

[​IMG]
    Danny Phantom

[​IMG]
    Jade

[​IMG]
    Laplace

2. Jade Traverse Town Homebody

.... guess since the discussion topic is closed I'll ask here.

How do we vote with only three submissions?

3. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Same way you normally would. It still works out, trust me. It's worked with fewer entries. :v

4. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Darn, I'm still getting used to this huge 1680x1050 resolution. It's so different, but I couldn't enter while I wasn't used to the whole thing. I did want to enter, though. I was confident this time.

Jade: I love your flow, and whole overall look. It's amazing what you did with the resources given. This is my first vote.

Laplace:Your smudging is godly. I love it. I'm thinking there's a bit of liquify too, but overall your style is great. I'm not liking the lack of color variety in this tag, plus I still don't like the blending. Amazing use of circles in the background. Second choice.

Danny Phantom:I don't like this too much. It all seems pretty slapped on. I do give props for the straightforward use of the fractal. But, I can't really go with a tag that seems unappealing. I like your simplicity, but you need to expand, because right now it seems like you're stuck in a rut.

5. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Too be honest I didn't have much I could do to this since I've only used C4D's twice before this one and I don't really like smudging so I was kind of very limited on my personal tastes when it comes to making the thing. Though I actually did a lot of changes to the render itself which is only really noticeable if you know the character (considering he's actually purple and blue). And to be honest, I only entered since I knew as soon as someone like Jade or Laplace posted people would be put off bothering so it wouldn't be a two person vote. And I have expanded quite a lot recently with my stuff, but any tips or techniques which could improve graphics for limits like this is much appreciated.

Plus I just wanted a reason to use that render :lolface:

6. Chevalier Crystal Princess

xD, I get what you mean, I wanted to partake, but this resolution was killing me.

Anyways, I think you should work on blending and flow. It's good that you go your own style, but you need to better the blending. I take it you don't smudge? Try that. Liquify? Try that too. Try everything as long as it helps you improve. There are many ways to create wonderful tags without smudging too, but it's up to you to find something good, and that you feel comfortable with.

...This just gave me an idea for the next SoTW...xDD. It would definitely be a toughie for Misty and Laplace...xD

7. Jade Traverse Town Homebody

No filters?
    Oh that'd be mean. xD

8. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Thank you to Chevalier for choosing this week's winner Well, in an amazing victory, it seems that Jade has won. Congratulations!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.