SotW Voting [voting] Signature of the Week #63 - Collaborations

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Misty, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

Signature | of | the | Week

no. 63
    [voting thread; will be closed may 4th, 2011]
    C O L L A B O R A T I O N S
    Hey everyone! Due to the recent interest, we're going to give a collab SotW a go!
    What's a collab, you ask? You will have to team up with another designer to create an entry!

Unfortunately, Chevalier and Monochrome dropped out, but we also got a last minute team, so the title of Team Braciosaurus is now taken by Laplace and Cody.

Also, please remember that if you entered, you MUST vote!

TEAM VELOCIRAPTORS (Misty & Guardian_Soul)
    [​IMG]

TEAM TRICERATOPS
    (DPWolf & mixt)
    [​IMG]

TEAM STEGOSAURUS
    (Marushi & jojoj13)
    [​IMG]

TEAM T-REX
    (Daxa & Ventus108)
    [​IMG]

TEAM BRACHIOSAURUS
    (Laplace & Cody)
    [​IMG]

TEAM ALLOSAURUS
    (Reisen & Ienzo)
    [​IMG]

2. Jade Traverse Town Homebody

VELOCIRAPTORS- I love the colour combinations and the smudging. The heart was very cute. :)

ALLOSAURUS- The textures of this one won me over. I really like the feel of it, but the focal looks a little muddled which kept it from being a top vote for me.

BRACHIOSAURUS- Lovely colours. :3 The focal is a bit too washed out for my tastes however, but other than that I really like this. :)

3. Daxa~ #stalker

Ohh this is exciting!! Good luck everyone!! :3

1:TEAM STEGOSAURUS-I love the black/white colour scheme,its so dramtic,and really stands out

2:TEAM TRICERATOPS-The colours are really bright,and the whole piece stands out :D

3:TEAM ALLOSAURUS-Its really eye catching,and prettyful...I love the kinda toned down darker colours in it :3

4. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

1) TEAM VELOCIRAPTORS (Misty & Guardian_Soul): Loving the whole thing altogheter, but the bubble thing really doesn't fits much.

2) TEAM ALLOSAURUS (Reisen & Ienzo): Focal and contrast could use some work, but I like it.

3) TEAM STEGOSAURUS (Marushi & jojoj13): Pretty good, BW works well with this and depth is nice.

5. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Team Brachiosaurus - Those colors! So sexy <3. I think that the focal could've popped out more but nonetheless, it's a solid sig and I like it :3

Team Allosaurus - I really like the colors and textures in this one but I felt like the dodging(at least that's what it looks like) made the sig look a little too blotchy. Gonna have to agree with Jade. The focal looks a little muddled.

Team Stegosaurus - I really like the depth in this one but I feel like something is missing this composition.

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

1. Team Stegasaurus: Love the Black and white. Gives it real depth.
    2. Team Allosaurus: Great color scheme. Again, gives it alot of depth
    3. Team Triceratops:It feels really animated. The claw adds something else to follow other than the bullets flying.

7. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

Team Velociraptors: I love this type of smudging, the lighting is great, too.

Team Allosaurus: Probably because I love these kinds of tags, the textures and c4ds are great.

Team Brachiosaurus: All those colors. Though, I have a problem with the stock placement. I think it's just filling the whole tag.

8. ShibuyaGato Transformation

1.TEAM BRACHIOSAURUS: Everything felt so right and looked so good. The stock is great and the colors are amazing...

2.TEAM STEGOSAURUS: The only reason this didn't get first is because I felt that my inner TWEWY fangirl would be too infatuated to focus on quality. Only thing that I feel is missing is color... :(

3.TEAM VELOCIRAPTORS : Oh gawd I love the colors and the smudging is gorgeous. :3

It was hard to choose between Velociraptors and Allosaurus for third but Misty and GS just made it stand out...

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

1. TEAM ALLOSAURUS - I found this to be very interesting. Yes there is nice blending and textures but this one gave me the sense like being in a dark room. At first the only this you really see is her, then slowly you start to notice the rest.
    2. TEAM VELOCIRAPTORS - Outside of the sparkle that scared the hell out of me because I thought I had a dead pixil, I liked it. Nice flow as the waterfall of colors guide you to stock and the high lighting brings you to his face. Somewhat minimalistic, but that isn't necessarily bad.
    3. TEAM STEGOSAURUS - Gray scale can be tricky but this was done pretty well. Main issue I see is the left side of the stock. I can't tell if it is an effect that you are probablly better without or a lazy way to render but it breaks the flow a bit.

10. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

1-TEAM BRACHIOSAURUS nice work with mixing the colors
    2-TEAM T-REX i luv axel nuff said
    3-TEAM ALLOSAURUS i lovethe texture and how the girl is reaching her hand out

what do i do to get in this contest?

11. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

You can only vote for one team, dude. And you need reasons too.
    Just enter next week (or next time, not always on schedule) with a signature that adheres to the contest rules.

Anyway.
    TEAM STEGOSAURUS - Really love the text, for whatever reason, as well as the placement.
    TEAM ALLOSAURUS - Little dark for my tastes, but I like how simple it looks.
    TEAM T-REX - Not bad, considering I think both of you are just starting out, but when you use a stock or render make sure there's no white borders around it - but keep it up, I think you'll both advance your skills if you practice :]

12. Reisen Twilight Town Denizen

TEAM TRICERATOPS (DPWolf & mixt) - nice and simple.

TEAM VELOCIRAPTORS (Misty & Guardian_Soul) - It has a nice flow although, as some of the others said ; the random bubble seemed odd, and the smudging felt like a last minute "to-do". Idk, I still like it overall.

TEAM BRACHIOSAURUS (Laplace & Cody) - Too bright; focus point is way off and I can't read the text. The only best to last one that I saw.

13. Misty gimme kiss

1. TEAM ALLOSAURUS (Reisen & Ienzo): I really love this one, excellent work you guys. =] The light feels a little off but it's just really interesting and awesome.
    2. TEAM BRACHIOSAURUS (Laplace & Cody): I'm defs getting an unfocused and a bit confused look from this, but the colors and effects are nice!
    3. TEAM STEGOSAURUS (Marushi & jojoj13): Feels a bit uncontrasted and the depth is a little off, but I like the overall idea!

14. xigbar.nom Destiny Islands Resident

1:Team T-Rex:It really stands out,and the background is sooo pretty! :3

2:Team Velociraptors:I like the way it all blends together,and the colours are nice

3:Team Allosaurus:Its really well done,and fits together perfectly :p

15. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Team Allosaurus- I like the color and flow of this sig.

Team Velocoraptors- With this one, I like the color scheme and the heart was a nice touch.

Team T-Rex- You just gotta love Axel, Got it memorized?

16. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Brachiosaurus- I really like the bright rainbow like colours on this one, I like the the render is blended, this one stood out to me as my favourite.

Stegosaurus- I like the black and white effect, completely in contrast with my first choice but I just liked the line compositions on this one.

Tricerotops- I just found this one pleasing to the eye, and I just love the border and the colours go well together.

17. Cody Chaser

Team V- Colors, flow and mood are just too sick here. Lovely use of smudging.
    Team A- Im not a big fan of the contrast in this one, but the effects are nice and create a solid tag.
    Team S- I like the text but there's waay too much blurring (though it's b&w so it's forgivable).

18. Misty gimme kiss

Team Allosaurus is the winner! Thanks to everyone for voting and participating. =]

Next SotW will be up shortly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.