SotW Voting [voting] Signature of the Week #61 - Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Misty, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

Signature | of | the | Week

no. 61
    [voting thread; entries are due feb. 06. 2011]
    N O S T A L G I A
    Time for SotW to start up again! We took a brief break for the holidays / Misty forgot about it, but now we're back! You can use/make anything that says nostalgia to you. Along with your sig, we ask that you submit just a few sentences saying why you chose/made what you did.
    This will also be the first SotW where we will be offering a pin to the victor.

ENTRIES
    muff monkey
    [​IMG]

docyx no. 15
    [​IMG]

random angel
    [​IMG]

amethyst heart
    [​IMG]

ienzo
    [​IMG]

2. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

1. Random Angel - Absolutely love the overall look on this one.
    2. muff monkey - I like the idea of it, but Bubbles just seems to copypasted on to it for me. I like the text though. c:
    3. Amethyst Heart - Not bad, though I'm not really digging the white borders and lighting.

Overall very nice entries by everyone. :]

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

1. Amethyst heart- I just love the colours and Tekken has some great memories with me too. I love the background as well, it's just generally really nice.
    2. Muff Monkey- I like the bold lines of Bubbles and the over all blue solour scheme. Just very nice.
    3. Random Angel- Link is blended well with the background and the text goes well with it.

4. kingdom_hearts_soras_girl Destiny Islands Resident

1. Ienzo- The colors are wonderfully blended together and the background (the part that looks kinda like smoke) looks beautiful with the picture in the center.
    2. muff monkey- The idea of using Bubbles was really fascinating. The quote that was used is wonderful.
    3. Amethyst Heart- Wonderfully designed with the colors and everything. Like Wolfie said, it could do without the white border.

5. Doukuro Chaser

1. amethyst heart - I really like the colors and background here. The lighting is also well done, but seems slightly too sharp or something. Can't place it exactly...just off somehow. Still nice work.
    2. ienzo - Slightly choatic with all of the things there, but it's really pretty. I think the text works well with Ienzo, and the render being paled out works well, imo.
    3. muff monkey - Other than the render standing out so much it's perfect. The text isn't plain and the background is beautiful.

6. T3F Chaser

Random Angel-love love love this, but its a tad monotine. Blending is well done =)
    Ienzo-Loving the concept of this piece. IMO, the text is good, and all the brushwork seems to come together nicely.
    Docyx no.15- This is adorable!!!! I think it could've been better if there wasnt a Microsoft Word font, otherwise its good

7. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

1. amethyst heart
    2. random angel
    3. muff monkey

To be honest, I judge these based on how fast I think that I will get tired of seeing it. That said, Amethyst Heart has a wonferful color balance and generally good composition. Random Angel is lacking content; it looks a bit too empty, especially considering the lack of color involved in the sig overall. And last I found to be the cleanest and most professional of the last three...

8. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    1. Muff Monkey: it's sooo cute I like it it really shows Nostalgia to me.
    2. Random Angel: blending is best!
    3. Amethyst Heart: Tekken!!!! WOOOO!
    Lol shame I can't vote for myself

9. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

1. Amethyst Heart - the colors are really nice and they go incredibly well with each other.
    2. Random Angel - I am in love with the blending. The colors just look a little bland to me.
    3. Ienzo - I read the sentences that you wrote when you entered, and I really liked the way you took this week's theme. I think the render should stand out a lil bit more, because when I first look at it my eyes go to the text and not the render.

10. Misty gimme kiss

Sorry for being so late on this guys! Been preoccupied with other things/my memory sucks. xD

Anyway, the winner is Amethyst Heart. Congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.