SotW Voting [voting] Signature of the Week #59 - Remix

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Misty, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

S i g n a t u r e | o f | t h e | W e e k
    no. 59
    [voting thread;voting closes 31 october 2010]
    REMIX
    So we've lost our more recent SotW due to the hacking last month, and it's taken a while (sorry) but we're back up again! The task this time around is to take one of your old sigs and create a new, updated version with all that you've learned! Credit to Jade for the idea. Please post both the original and the new version, so we can compare.

Jade
    Originals:
    [​IMG]

Remix:
    [​IMG]

Laplace
    Original:
    [​IMG]

Remix:
    [​IMG]

namnam
    Original:
    [​IMG]

Remix:

[​IMG]

beezygee
    Original:
    [​IMG]

Remix:
    [​IMG]

Misty
    Original:
    [​IMG]

Remix:
    [​IMG]

jojoj13
    Original:
    [​IMG]

Remix:
    [​IMG]

2. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How to vote, how to vote? All of these are amazing ;_;

jojoj13
    I remember the original LOL. The stock is amazing and it should be used more often, it gets no love.

beezygee
    The colors are totally smexy.

Laplace
    Aegis totally makes any sig sexy, forrealz. I actually like both of them. But this smooth looking sig just still attracts me.

3. Misty gimme kiss

beezygee - so much love. <3 The colors are beautiful, and this is just such an improvement.

Jade - I like that you've done this one over like 16 times. xD Great version though, probably my favorite of my them all.

Laplace - The smoothness of this is a really cool effect, but those clipping masks at the bottom have got to go.

Edit: sorry Jade. :B Took out my text comment.

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

jojoj13: It's great. The colors are amazing and had the great stock of a great guy... XD

Laplace: The flow of the second one is so much better and it's just beautiful. Beautiful I say!

Misty: what can I say...? It's just a Misty!

5. Jade Traverse Town Homebody

jojoj13- Voting for this first because it just shows the most improvement for me.
    Laplace- I do like the remix better as a sig, but looking at the before the changes are nice but not as drastic which, for this particular theme I don't think voting for the best looking remix is appropriate. :p
    beezygee- I really like the blues and purples and I really like how you tried to keep it true to the original, but it would've been nice to see you cut loose a bit more.

Also my entry has no text anymoar D:

6. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

beezygee: Smudgin and sharpening are very nice. Very beautiful.
    Misty: I love those flowers. The stock is too orange for me, though.
    Laplace: Smooth sig is smooth. Though, it's too blurry.

7. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

beezygee: It's so pretty. :c The only thing I don't really like is the circle because I don't think it really blends with the rest of the sig.
    jojoj13: Such improvement. <3 I really adore the colors you used and the stock is adorable.
    Laplace: I really like this sig, especially the colors. I just think it'd look nicer if maybe the stock was sharpened some.

8. beezygee Gummi Ship Junkie

jojoj13: I can really tell the improvement that you've made and the remix version is super sexy.
    Misty: I really like the newer version and all the pretty colors. But I'm not really diggin' the yellow/orange all around the stock.
    Laplace: Very lovely and I really like the lighting but it just seems too blurry for my tastes. Still good though.

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

From the standpoint of someone who knows next to nothing about making a sig...

jojoj13 – great work and awesome improvement

beezygee – really nice final design. I'm liking the vibrancy of it, seems to almost come out of the page more.

Jade – I like the idea and most of the execution but her face (and more importantly that smirk) got kind of washed out which, at least to me, made it fall apart.

I do have to say, I find every one of the entries to be impressive.

10. Crimson Merlin's Housekeeper

beezygee; That smudging gives me eyegasms. Simply amazing. ♥

jojoj13; The difference between the tags is just... wow. Incredibly big improvements, and just for that, you get my vote.

Misty; Nice job with making the tag clearer than the original. The new font is beautiful and the blue background fits the stock much better than the grayish green.

11. Misty gimme kiss

Whew, this week's voting was really close. Congrats to jojoj13 for the win!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.