SotW Voting [voting] Signature of the Week #58 - The Real World

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Misty, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

S i g n a t u r e | o f | t h e | W e e k
    no. 58
    [voting thread; voting will be closed august. 9. 2010]
    THE REAL WORLD
    This week's theme is "The Real World". In it, you must use a stock/render of a real person -- no video game or anime characters!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MISTY
    [​IMG]

JADE
    [​IMG]

CHEVALIER

[​IMG]

BEEZYGEE

[​IMG]

CIN

[​IMG]

DESTINEDTOMEMORIESCORRUPT

[​IMG]

2. T3F Chaser

Cin-its hawt. loving the effects on the stock its all just...wow
    Chevalier-also hawt. The burgundy and the creamy colour go really nicely together, also mad smudging skills XD
    Jade- she looks very closed in, which i love. Also loving your effects, nice work

3. Jade Traverse Town Homebody

Misty- This one just seems technically better than the rest imo. Really nice lighting, and I love the smudging. I guess from a critical view I could say it looks a bit over sharpened, but... meh. I'm a sharpen whore. I like it ;D
    Beezygee- The colours are really attractive but the flow feels too linear to me which is one of my pet peeves. When flow is created especially through smudging, it should be more fluid rather than static imo. Also, floating head syndrome! Nevertheless, appealing colours, nice concept. Just needed better execution.
    Chev- It's alright but I've seen this style one too many times from you. The smudging (especially on her hair) looks too soft and it comes off as blurry. Also again with what I said about beesygee's entry, the smudging looks really linear and the flow comes off as static.

4. Misty gimme kiss

Jade
    I'll be honest, I really do not love the way she is so cramped in there, but the blue effects are really beautifully done, so I forgive you. <3

Cin
    This is nice considering you haven't made anything in a while (as far as I know), but it's not really on par with your old stuff, haha. I don't love how the girl is completely blue, either. D:

Beezygee
    Have to agree with Jade, there are some things a little off in the execution of this sig, but the overall concept is very nice. :]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.