Voting and Suggestions! (Suggestions are CLOSED.)

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Jayn, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mish smiley day!

I voted for All I Want For Christmas, but I'd like to change it to the Deck'd song, since Slaughtermatic is so desperate for it. xD

2. Chevalier Crystal Princess

What are you all doing? Vote for Shake it Up Christmas. Or I will castrate all of you be very sad.

3. Krowley Moderator

Unsure of which Christmas song I feel like doing...

On a separate note, Here's a song I was thinking about the other day:

4. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

....Is that meant to be Auld Lang Syne up there? IS THAT EVEN A CHRISTMAS SONG?!

Regardless, it's Scottish, I shall vote for it.

5. Kayate King's Apprentice

I would like to suggest a song - Pumped up Kicks, by Foster the People.

6. Jayn

I'm going to go ahead and vote for All I Want For Christmas if Youuuu, because Auld Lang Syne is more of a New Years song so I'd rather sing it later. That...And it's tremendously boring to me. *Shotshot*

7. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

poor charlie brown lol

im gonna pick Deck'd for the sheer awesomeness of the song.

8. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I voted for Old Times Sake just because I want any song but that damned Mariah Carey song.

Where the hell was the John Lennon 'So this is Christmas' or Band Aid with 'Feed the World'?

9. Jayn

Okay so...All I Want for Christmas is You won. I can't lock the poll, but consider it locked.

This song is freakin' hard to sing 'seriously'. I was trying and it's kind of hilarious. Mariah Carrey is just so over the top.

I'm going to post the sign up thread tonight, but I need your opinions.

If you guys would rather, we can do a 'crack chorus'. Which means pretty much one big blooper take on the song. That doesn't mean screamo or different lyrics or intentionally off melody, it means singing the song, but not singing it totally serious. Having fun with it and not aiming to get the high notes right, etc. Just...Having fun, and including our fails and laughs and such.

If not, then we'll have a go at it seriously like the rest of the songs we've done. If you're interested in a crack chorus, state so. If there's not enough interest/response, we'll do it seriously.

10. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Not interested in the crack chorus what so ever

11. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

I'd prefer to do it 'seriously' but I wouldn't say no to a crack chorus. But yeah, the higher notes are pretty tough, I'm shaky at best at a few of them, and personally I'm not too fond on the whole melismatic singing, so it's a pretty huge challenge for me...

Aaaand reading that I realized that I just pretty much gave a non-vote >.<

Is there any chance of doing Aud Lang Syne for New Years since it was the runner up?

12. Mish smiley day!

I'd be interested in doing it all crack-like. P: I think it'll probably end up sounding like a cluster**** with us all laughing and stuff, but on the other hand, I basically have no interest in the Mariah Carey song so it doesn't matter to me how it sounds, looool~

I'd also like to point out that Deck'd also came runner up since I changed my vote to that. :3

13. Jayn

See...I don't mind doing it super serious either, it's just...I know a lot of people didn't want to do Mariah in the first place. I think it's a fun song, but her range is high, and the runs she does is like...It's like singing a Beyonce song. Having more than one people singing that way is going to be...difficult. I'm sure we could pull off a serious one, but ehhhhh.

I'd just rather have fun with it. And I don't mean to make it god-awful on purpose, not rather not stress our vocals cords to death and do our best without having to feel like crap if we don't sound like angels. xD

I think what I'll do is make sign ups for both, in one. Meaning if you want to give it a serious shot, go ahead. But for those who have fun with it, there's no penalty as there would have been in the last ones.

So I suggest if you want your voice to be heard clearly and angelically, you snag a solo. I'll try to make enough of them for that to be possible. I appreciate the inputs.

Also, regarding the runner ups...I don't know yet what'll happen with those yet, exactly. Maybe you guys should keep voting, just don't include All I Want for Christmas is You. x: If nothing changes, we'll figure something out, or as stated before, just sing Aud Lang Syne for New Years.

14. Always Dance Chaser

Interested...
    Nope. Either screamo or serious for me. A screamo version of this song would be pretty cool IMO.

Also, I sincerely hate you all for not choosing the Deck'd song. Humbug.

15. Jayn

Screamo drowns everybody else out or the volume has to be lowered, is why. If you have a solo, you can screamo it up all you want. I just want to be courteous to the other people we're singing with.

16. Always Dance Chaser

Fair enough.
    *Gets ready to camp out so I can grab the solo*

17. Glen Returned from the dead

I'm the only one who voted for jingle bells? Now i feel silly XD

Also, as a suggestion:
    [video=youtube;cc3a0psZR9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc3a0psZR9g[/video]

Just because it's, well, probably my favourite song of all time.

18. Midnight Star Master of Physics

You're a bit late, the poll is closed if you see Jayn's post and the next one: 'All I want for Christmas is You' is up.

19. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Too bad we've done the Christmas song.
    We could've done this -
    [video=youtube;B9Mc_PqKRMU]

I'll just suggest it anyway.

20. Jayn

Haven't updated the first post yet, but I'm going to post the next song sign up soon while I finish last minute All I Want for Christmas is You stuff.

I...really don't want to sing Auld Lang Syne until New Years (because it's not a Christmasy song and would come out on Christmas, so any of the other actual Christmas songs wouldn't be done at all. I hope that's fair.). So I think we should do Deck'd. Which means I need the instrumental, Slaughter.

That would make our schedule like this;

18th - 25th; Must Be Christmastime.
    25th - Jan. 1st; Auld Lang Syne.
    1st - 11th; Some non-Christmas song. (Don't Stop Believin')

> Voting/break ensues.

Also, I'm a big fan of democracy so I enjoy letting the poll determine what we do. However, as with anything, it becomes a popularity contest and a 'which song do I actually know?' sort of thing, and the minority is forced to wait.

I'm not going to abolish the voting system, but here's how it'll work...We vote. First choice is sung, second choice is sung (like usual), and then I'll give all songs in Pending a number and a generator will chose a random third song from the list.

We do all of those,

> Voting/break ensues.

This way some of the less popular choices don't have to keep recycling through the poll, and those who want to do less well-known songs have a higher chance of that happening.

I also thing one of these days we should just randomly do Happy Birthday together so we can send our chorus version to people on KHV, lololol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.