Digital Art Vortex

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Cody, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Cody Chaser

This was a request from someone on TestYourMight. Here's the Images they wanted used:
    http://tinypic.com/r/1556l42/8
    http://tinypic.com/r/6r6oh1/8
    They preferred an orange and black theme with the word "Vortex" in there somewhere. Here's my attempt:
    [​IMG]

V2:
    [​IMG]
    He requested brighter, red text. I also tried to blend Kenshi a little more and added some purple to the shadows and midtones.
    I feel I did a decent job. Not my best work but not bad considering the request.
    Any comments are welcome.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I do like this considering the request, I've never been one for having two renders in one picture (not your fault I know :3) and the stocks you were given makes it have "floating head syndrome" but again, not your fault.

As for what you did do, I think it's really nice, I love the fibonacci spiral on the right of the piece and the general smudgy cloud look you have. You have the lighting spot on and the colours all mesh together quite nicely. The text isn't overly clear but I do like the overlay look you've given it and it blends nicely and doesn't stick out, taking attention away from the focus.

I feel like the man's head could be blended into the flamy, cloudy background a bit more on the left side of his face, you can clearly see the line of where they join. Aside from that, it's a very nice piece with what you were given. I would have suggested having a bit of purple in the background to make the colours feel less flat but if they just wanted orange and black then I suppose that is fine. Nice work Cody : D

3. Cody Chaser

Very much appreciated :) I'll see what I can do with your suggestions and try to fix it up a bit.

4. Karuta Reborn

I really like this! Just a few changes I would make:
    1 - Make the "vortex" text a bit more visible. Up the opacity slightly, or switch the blend mode maybe?
    2 - There's not a lot of blending on the faces. Try fade them into the fire a bit more.
    Apart from that, this is very nice! Good job.

5. Cody Chaser

Updated. Thanks for the comments guyss.