Vocaloid

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mysty, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Mysty Unknown

Ever sine the program was first released, people have created hundreds of thousands of songs from the software. Using voice synthesizer technology with recordings and a phenomenal voice bank of singers over the past few decades, the genre is one of the most popular to emerged. The most popular being Hatsune Miku, the Kagamine Twins, Luka Megumi, KAITO, and etc. The music became popular enough to spawn many rythem games that have done well in most regions.

I come to you asking what are your favorite songs of the genre of Vocaloid? Who is your preferred Vocaloid?

I'd also like to introduce the two new Vocaloids that were recently released and even given a sample. Their names are Anon and Kanon and are the first set of female twins. In my opinion they sound fantastic and will hopefully be used to a good extent. I'm looking forward to the songs produced.

2. Shuhbooty moon child

Hastune Miku is my favorite. Her songs stood out to me most then the other volcaloid. I'm actually a bit behind, but I'm excited they're coming out with a set of female twins!

3. Ghost King's Apprentice

I recently just got back to listening to vocaloid songs, mostly cause I started Kagerou Days a few weeks ago (which by the way is AMAZING) it's based off a series of vocaloid songs by JIN most of which is sang by IA. Who also happens to be one of my favorites. The other two being Yuzuki Yukari and Megpoid Gumi.

My favorite song is also sang by IA. It's called Six Trillion Years and Overnight Story. The music for it was done by kemu. The story that it tells is really interesting and the music is great.

Also when I heard that there were going to be new vocaloids that are twins I was really excited. And of course I had to tell my friend who kind of freaked out a little too much. Anyway I'm really looking forward to their release date so we'll be able to hear new songs.

4. Mysty Unknown

I guess I shall give my answers to my own question seeing as I failed to do so.

For characters, my most enjoyed vocaloids are Rin and Len Kagamine. I find their voices together and apart to always be perfect. Most of the songs I listen to I find myself enjoying even if most of the time they are sad and about Len dying.

For my favorite songs, I'll link them here. Two of them are sung by Rin while one is sung by Miku, however one of the one's Rin sings is originally a Miku song.

I just like the rhythm this song gives. The lyrics aren't the most worthwhile though. But as I said, I just like the way it sounds and how different Miku is compared to her original sound.

This is my theme song. The beat is great, the lyrics are what define my gaming side. And Rin just sounds perfect with this remix. This song was originally done by Miku and had a much slower beat to it, but I enjoy Rin's cover more than any of the others.

My absolute favorite song of Vocaloid and probably one of my favorite songs of all time. What gets me the most about this song is the lyrics. They are emotional and powerful. I cried when I read the lyrics while listening to the song. Songs never do that for me, and I appreciate that I found a song that I can get emotionally attached to. The rhythm isn't bad either, its just for some reason all the sad songs have an upbeat....

5. Yukari Merlin's Housekeeper

My favorite Vocaloids are Len, Rin, Piko, Kaito, Yuzuki and YOHIOloid! And I am very lucky to own them as well! I also had Galaco but they killed her :'(

As for song, I'm currently addicted to anything by ColorfulhorizonsP

6. Antidote Façade

I don't really have much knowledge of the whole Vocaloid thing, but that will change soon since I'm really interested in the upcoming anime Mekaku City Actors. I guess I can update with my opinions once I have more of a feel for it. c:

7. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

I love Vocaloids. Luo Tianyi is a really good one, she does a lot of traditional Chinese music.
    Very soothing.

8. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

vocaloid are pretty cool. although I don't understand what they're saying I like their songs and beats. I think my favorite character is hatsune miku

she's pretty awesome.

9. Jin うごかないで

I've heard about a new vocaloid I can't remember her name for the life of jesus but i DO know theres a new one out x_x

10. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

My fave Vocaloid is between Kaito and Hatsune Miku. I love most of the songs they sung alone, in a duet, or in a trio!

11. Mysty Unknown

Was in my first post. Anon and Kanon are the two new ones. The twins.

As of Recent, I think my new favorite Vocaloid spot goes to IA aka Aria on the Planetes. Such a beautiful voice bank.

12. Ghost King's Apprentice

I really didn't care for IA until I discovered Kagerou Project. Then I found her other songs like Six Trillion Years and Overnight Story and Revenge Syndrome. Anyway I recently got into listening to Nico Nico Chorus. I especially like this one even though their singing about a macaron, but it sounds cool. The English cover of it by JubyPhonic is really good too.

13. Glen Returned from the dead

I haven't actually heard that much vocaloid. Mainly Gumi and Rin, and Rin and Len. My favourite of them would have to be Electric Angel though. I can't even pick what specific thing I like about it, it's just such a captivating song. The pace of it, the sound of it itself, something about it keeps me listening to it and I can't think of what thing in particular it is, it dries me nuts. Every song I've heard of Vocaloid so far (there's only about 6 so far so i'm still new to it and have a long way to go) has entertained me, and I may very well become obsessed with it now.

14. Apherosy Moogle Assistant

Ooooh, I'm a big fan of CUL, but unfortunately she's not used very often :c