Help Virus?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by NightCrisis, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

I was using Google Chrome a while ago and the site just froze on me. I don't have any screenshots, but like I said--it froze on me. I tried to close the browser and then it gave me a download error. I was like: I didn't download anything. WTF? Right now I'm using my iPod touch because I'm too scared to go on my computer to see what the virus did to it. The last time I checked, I hadn't clicked on any ads on this site.

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

It may not have been from this site. Also, you're going to have to get on your computer if you're going to figure out what's wrong exactly. It could've just been an error with chrome, that happens. If it is a virus though, there are numerous ways of removing them. It's not like not getting on your computer will make the virus go away. Just reply with whatever you find.

3. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

Okay--I hope my computer doesn't get destroyed entirely. It was a gift. D:

4. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Well it can't get "destroyed" physically. The worst case is you'd have to reinstall the operating system to remove the virus, but it might not be that bad.

5. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

Who the heck even makes viruses? :/ I'll check it out and tell you how badly it might be damaged. If not, a super moderator can lock this thread on my request.

6. Misty gimme kiss

If you're looking for help removing viruses, check out our Technology section. But it may have just been Chrome crashing--programs do that. Even if you were not downloading any files, technically accessing a webpage is downloading the page (and any included images etc.) from a web server.

At any rate, this doesn't seem to be a forum problem & on request...
    _LOCKED

Message me if you need this re-opened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.