Implemented View recent replies when replying to a thread

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Boy Wonder, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I don't know how to word this, but there used to be a feature way back when. I think it was on vBulletin before the move, but it may have been more recent? I can't remember when I saw the feature last.
    When responding to a thread using the "More Options" option (as in, not Quick Replying), you could see the last posts in that thread if you scrolled down. Can we bring that back if possible?

EDIT: Specifically, it'd help me out when responding to Role-Plays and some discussion threads when I have to look back at certain posts instead of opening a new tab for the same thread.

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Bump.
    Still wondering if this is possible.

3. libregkd -

Sorry for not replying to this sooner. I'll be looking into if there is already an add-on that makes this possible or, if necessary see if i could add such functionality to the website. It's something I sort of miss as well so I'll update this topic when I find out more.

Again, apologies for not attending to this sooner.

4. libregkd -

Apologies for the long delay between updates. I will say that this is now feature is now in effect! There is still some minor style issues that will be worked on (so no need to make me aware of them as of right now) but I figured that, since it's been awhile, I could release a fully function feature right now and work on style issues in the mean time. I have the feature set up as an opt-in option so people can continue to use the site as before but those that want to be able to see previous posts, they can now do so. To enable the option, go into your preferences and check the "Show Previous Posts." This will now display previous posts within the topic beneath the text field. Right now the amount of posts displayed underneath the text area is capped at 15 posts however I plan on implementing an option that will allow individuals to set how many posts they want displayed.

In the mean time, the feature is ready to be used! Again, I apologies for the amount of time it took to implement the feature.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I don't think this has been working for a while or it might just be on my end.
    Regardless of which browser I'm using, I don't see any Previous Posts. The section is there and labeled "Previous Posts" but no posts are showing.
    Is this just me?