Vic Mignogna quitting Voice Acting?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by fadedphantom, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

I got this from another forum. Quoted:

"But here at the anime con in NC, Vic Mignogna said some things at a Q&A I thought you guys might want to know. He wants to begin practicing ministry (at the church he attends). Seriously everybody there gave out a huge gasp. One girl actually cried, yes cried. Anyway, he still has some anime shows that he is doing and currently in the process of dubbing, but after that, he is pretty much done with anime. He said he was going to make an anouncement on his website next week about the news to his fans. I thought I would let you guys know, if you care that is."

In case any of you don't know, Vic is the voice of Edward Elric from FullMetal Alchemist, along with Dark from D.N.Angel, Fay from Tsubasa Chronicle, and Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club. He's been in many many other things as well, obviously, but these are a few of his most famous roles.

On the one hand, I am a huge fan of his work, and it makes me sad that he's leaving. On the other hand, this will allow some new voices to be heard, and open up some more jobs for talented VAs that may have otherwise been overlooked. So I'm torn on how I feel about this... Good for him for pursuing what he loves though I guess.

And lol at the fact that a girl cried XD

EDIT: Apparently this was all a hoax. Sorry for the scare!! But the possibility of this can still be discussed. I know a few people who were actually happy when they thought this was true (though I have no idea why... I was devastated D: )...

2. Styx That's me inside your head.

He also voiced Junpei from Persona 3, Edge from Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm and Mao from Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice by the way, to give some video game examples. I liked him as a VA as well.

3. Rynnakat Moogle Assistant

No he is not quitting.

I am Vic's friend that updates his website and ranger items and he is not quitting voice acting, he is actually recording in LA and Dallas this week and loves it just as much as ever. I just wanted to post in here and tell you all that his panels are always available on youtube and the one in NC did not state anything in regards to him quitting. Thanks so much!

Miss Kat

4. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

Alright, thanks ^_^ I thought this might just be a rumor, but I figured I'd let people know in case it wasn't.

5. Hayabusa Venomous

So someone just comes in claiming to be the friend of a prestigious voice actor saying "he ain't quitting" and you trust 'em? You guys are easy.

Regardless, I hope he continues voice acting. He does quite a good job in Fullmetal Alchemist.

6. fadedphantom King's Apprentice

Well I've heard from others that this is a hoax too.

7. Jayn

Erm. O____o;

Anyways. I hope that he continues. He was really good. >< I loved him as a VA. I always recognized him.

8. Rynnakat Moogle Assistant

I added a line to his homepage to alleviate your doubts.
    http://www.risemboolrangers.com

Miss Kat

I'm also on the officers page and talk to Vic daily. :)

9. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I was about to die emotionally until you posted.

Thank you. =D [​IMG]

10. venster You never heard of me, but I pop in time to time

NO!!!! T_T He was one of the best VAs I've ever heard!!!!

11. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

Broly quit..great. He was a awesome voice actor.
    I can't believe he's going to study ministry.
    My cousin's gonna freak when he hears this.

12. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Tell Vic I said keep up the good work.

13. Yukichin Traverse Town Homebody

I love it when people don't read the page. (referring to those who posted after it was confirmed false.)

14. Marionetta Moogle Assistant

I hope to GAWD he quits. Then I'll start buying anime again.
    Here's my deal with Vic. And pardon the bitterness, but he made my cousin very upset. And you don't **** with Netta's family.

Apparently, if you play a character fangirls fap to, you're automatically talented/sexy/awesome.
    I hate Vic Mignogna. His only good role was Edward Elric and in all honesty, that should've been his only role. He's anti-gay and he thinks many of the characters he plays (like Fai D. Flowright) is straight. No Vic, no. CLAMP is very famous for their yaoi/yuri implications/pairings. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not true.
    His head is so far up his ass, he can't even see that many of the characters he plays are implied to be gay. I'd like to think that he isn't a prissy *****, but due to much of the behaviour I've witnessed by him, I can't.
    Sorry Vic. The VA biz won't be losing anything if you quit.

15. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

This was the first year in forever that Vic wasn't at Ikkicon. I've been going to the con for 4 years now, the last 3 of which I cosplayed Deep Dive Riku. (Somehow managed to get onto the KH Q&A panel this year. Lotsa fun!!!)

16. Astrid Merlin's Housekeeper

Awwww noooo I love him and his awsome voice! ...oh well all good things must come to an end, and I'll always have FMA and OHSHC

17. Especto Merlin's Housekeeper

According to the edit on the original post, Vic Mignogna is not quitting voice acting.

Perhaps the thread title should be changed to avoid more confusion?

18. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Thank you for clarifying. but this thread is old. Soooo

Please don't bump old threads.

|LOCKED|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.