No Thanks Usernames and Usertitles should be centered

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by The Fuk?, May 26, 2014.

1. The Fuk? Dead

See how much better the one on the right looks? Same applies for avatars that are squares.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I agree with Quentin Beck. Not sure if this is something doable (it sounds like it would be, but I don't know crap about coding or forum software). It really does look better and it looks like avatars that don't fill the limit are automatically centered.

3. Misty gimme kiss

Avatars are already centered. When we made the style we played around with the idea of centering usernames / usertitles but felt this way provided better visual balance with the online status indicator.

4. Llave Superless Moderator

We had juggled the idea during the initial design phase of KHV 8.0. Aside from what Misty stated for visual balance, it is also meant to give more room for the online / offline status indicator. If a username is long enough, it would slightly overlap it and or begin to break the line and have to go down another row. Basically we tried to give as much leg room for people with longer usernames, so they didn't feel cheated out of the new skin and get a hashed up username.

5. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I've thought about this too and realized the online status indicator would get in the way as Llave stated above. Even when centering names they aren't completely centered in respect to the post info block. They're offset just a tad bit because of the status indicator, well that's because of coding in the username/text but still.

Here's an example of why this couldn't work, I used @Llave for this experiment ^^

Capture.PNG

-Nights

6. Misty gimme kiss

There are ways around this but again, it really just came down to an aesthetic option & preference.

7. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

There's always a way around something, for instance moving the indicator altogether but personally I think it's most appealing the way it is now. It was different adjusting from centered names to the current form but everything fits together so perfectly it was easy to get over it.

-Nights

8. The Fuk? Dead

Super necro bump. Any chance we can revist this idea?

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

As mentioned, it was done intentionally for visual balance and to give the online indicators room. Even with that said, however, I'm fairly sure it's too late at this point since KH-Vids 9.0 is @Misty's focus right now, and, unless there are major usability issues (like there were with KH-Vids Final Mix when KH-Vids 5.0 was released on vBulletin), bug reports and suggestions relating specifically to styling are no longer being accepted for KH-Vids 8.0.

10. Misty gimme kiss

It's staying aligned left.