Site News User Ranks - You choose them!

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Inasuma, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xegreny Kingdom Keeper

*submits his titles*

Gems are pretty guys, :3

2. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

Ok first of all this is not meant to be spam...we all know there is plenty of it around ;_;
    So like, I'm just saying I feel like this is encouraging people to go for premium...which is good in theory, but there will always be people that just go overboard and post TOO much. Nobody likes that, because it just leads to obnoxious noob spam :{ And anyway, we really do have plenty of premium members as it is.
    I am greatful to have usertitles at all, it's a truely lovely feature. By eliminating our freedom to choose them, I just feel that it will perhaps encroach a bit on people's individuality. They're alotta fun and I personally like changing mine from time to time. :3
    I am not attacking anyone, I'm just kinda letting my feelings be known. I've read this thread and it seems that the general concensus amongst the members is to keep it the way it is. I realize not all changes need to be approved or even introduced to members, but it just doesn't seem very democratic to just say: we're changing it, thread over.
    Sorry for being kinda whiny, just wanted to share my thoughts ._.

3. Inasuma "pumpkin"

It doesn't matter. We can never have enough. lol 'Cause everyone's going to want to be premium. Then after that the next generation will want more premium as well. It'll never end (as long as KHV exists).
    That's why you has a signature and avatar. :3
    Well it would be great to always keep it custom. But we're a KH site so staying KH-themed is always something good, IMO. This is why it didn't seem like we needed to consent the entire forum. Because it's obvious that everyone would say no. But since it's got that KH-twist it shouldn't really matter. Plus you have a signature to express yourself. Then when you hit premium it shouldn't really affect you.

But thank you for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate the atmosphere you gave to your post. =]

4. Ansem-the-Wise Destiny Islands Resident

1. But after you will just "erase" everyones custom, what's gonna be the next? Signatur, Location, or what

2. Isn't it a lot of work to clean up the whole SQL-databank entrys? Is it worth the whole thing

3. Answer at least question 2...

5. The Great Gatz Chaser

I agree with you 100%. I'm sorry you had to do that I was too lazy :( Don't be mad. But it's so true that there will be a lot more spam. And well it wont be coming from me and probably not Sanda either but there are members *coughjosekicough* that have abused different ways of becoming premium before. What makes you people think others wont abuse posting with all the spam just to get user titles? Meh I really have no say in it but consider that some people don't wanna see KHV become all ****ty spam. :) I'm done.

6. Master of the Onyx Flame Hollow Bastion Committee

lol nice try, but you actually should have it taken for so few posts,
    he said those with 1000 posts would get to keep it and you dont 1000 yet

also, we will be pm'ed if we win right?

7. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

not tryin to be mean but.....

you people need to quit complaining. you have a sig, and avy, and now you have moods. if you want some thing in life you gotta work for it.
    wanna custom title? be active and post outside the spam zone.

8. Inasuma "pumpkin"

It's okay, ghettoxemnas. They can speak their opinion. I don't mind it at all. :)

The thing is is that, like Sara said, some age-appropriate usertitles should be given to you guys. And if you want more freedom with the usertitles, you should try and become a premium. It's just to make the forum, more of a forum. Every forum I know has this system. It's really not that bad, IMO.

But like I keep saying. There's more than just your usertitle for self-expression. :)

1. No. We are not IGN.com and strip you of your signatures and locations. Be logical here. <_< We are a fan site, stripping you of THAT MUCH is completely ridiculous.

2. ??? Not quite sure what you mean. I'm not really that familiar with forums to recognize whatever that is that you're talking about. lol

3. =( Sowwie.

9. Angel Twilight Town Denizen

Having sexytimez with my boyfriend at our house
    I don't like this idea.

It's worse than rep.

10. he's-got-a-heart Traverse Town Homebody

Erm, when you say 'age-appropriate' do you mean like rude?

Aw, great it's all those crude and foul-mouthed peoples' faults. Thanks a bunch!

I do kinda agree that it should be a rule that they are all KH themed though. I mean after all, this is a KH forum and we all luuurrrrrvvvveee KH. At the end of the day it's what we all signed up for.

Apologies for the childish wobblies earlier by the way but sometimes I think it's more of a teenage stroppy thing as opposed to a juvinile tantrum ^^

EDIT: I thought I'd edit as opposed to posting a new post.

Just wanna say thanks for the mood thingies at leest we can customize a little now ^^ Can't quite get in touch with what mood I'm in though. Confused in that case!

11. Ansem-the-Wise Destiny Islands Resident

It's not about forums. My browsergame also uses it.
    The SQL-database is where everything is saved, our passwords, names, avatars, sigs, etc. It's used together with PHP (a programming language). Our custom titles are also saved there. It would use alot of space to have unused custom titles saved in this databank. On the other hand... I don't know alot about the sourcecode of this forum and i don't even know if it uses PHP.
    Sorry for being off-topic. if you want, delete it after reading Darkwatch.
    Don't get me wrong, Of course i don't want custom titles with wrong themes either.

12. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

Did this thing already take affect?

13. Inasuma "pumpkin"

No.

You'll know because all the normal members will have certain kinds of user titles. All of them will = KH related.

And it won't take affect for at least several days.

14. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

OK, I was just wondering.
    So when it takes affect, we will automatically get user titles?

15. Inasuma "pumpkin"

16. Repliku Chaser

2 more days till the due date expires for choices to be in! I don't know why I want to see what they change to but I'm eager to for some reason.

17. W7F King's Apprentice

Same, but I actually know why. I wanna see who wins all of that rep.

18. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

Let's see, I'll be a darkside....Time to work toward Twilight Thorn.

19. Spike H E R O

Just sent mine

20. Zandyne King's Apprentice

This is probably another "DURRRR" question-

But will the entire list of all of the user titles be posted somewhere? The list that wins obviously.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.