(Updated) Even more 358/2 Day Info

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, though there's still no new scans yet, there are definitely some small bits of new information on what we can expect in Kingdom Hearts. Here's a brief summary of the interview.

- The scenes in KH2FM+ featuring Roxas and Axel have now been done in full work detail.
    - Roxas will be having a few different forms, such as Sora did when entering Disney Worlds.
    - The story of the game will not be entirely understandable for those that do not have the game, however they won't enjoy it as much.
    - Other characters will be appearing there as well, including various Disney Characters.
    - However most of the conversations in this game will be revolving around Roxas.
    - Those who played Kingdom Hearts II should understand the story even more, and may even understand why this game was put onto the DS.
    - The 14th Member is a female who has influenced Roxas in his future actions, however she is too much of an important character in the story to talk about.
    - In the event scenes, there will be a little movie, there also may be an opening movie to the game.
    - The voice is becoming a issue with capacity but I am trying to find various ways to compress it into the game.
    - During this we are re-doing the cutscenes of 358/2 Days as well, this is because on the DS there is a weak design to the data and for every update to the hardware we push 358/2 Days further.
    - Even though we have a low capacity problem Nintendo has made it far, even their Rom capacity is going up!....Slowly (laughs)
    - The order of Single Player to summarize it up is "Go to mission, Clear Mission, Return to HQ, Prepare for next mission, go to next mission." There are also small mini events you can do such as after beating a mission join Axel for some Sea Salt Icecream.
    - Missions that are beaten in Single Player can be played in Multiplayer mode.

Updated

Functions and Restrictions of KH on the DS
    - There were many thoughts about making the game, before moving it to the DS.
    - One of the thoughts was the capacity of the game, while the other one focused more on.
    - The second thought was more on the use of the double screen, and the touchpen.
    - When the story of the game was told, everyone was really interested in it, and wanted to work on it right away and deserved special production.
    - The main problem of putting it onto the DS was the fact that the polygons of the characters dropped, although we tried our best to keep the cutscenes at least to the feel of the KH series. We are currently trying to fix the polygons for the gameplay to make it as smooth as possible.
    - A chat option is added into the multiplayer mode, allowing other players to chat with each other.

Button Operations
    - Nomura believes that the KH series feel of combat has kept that feel in 358/2 Days.
    - He still will not utilize the touchpen in terms of gameplay.
    - The buttons in the demo at JF have been re-arranged.
    - Because this time the game will not be able to use an analog stick it doesn't really fill like the main stream of the KH series to begin with, although we are aiming to get the best feel we can give for a KH game.
    - The only complaints about the game given was the having to use the cross pad buttons instead of the Analog stick.
    - We adjusted it though, and added a bit of connection between speed, combo and other actions during gameplay.
    - The LM gauge is used as co-operation techniques as well as very dangerously powerful attacks.
    - The Organization members in 358/2 Days in Multiplayer Mode will have moves from the original KH2, however due to restrictions we might not be able to have all their moves in there.
    - Originally the chairs moved up or down when failing or succeeding a mission, we might change that a bit.

Souce: Light in the Chaos

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Jan 22, 2008.

1. DawnedDusk
      DawnedDusk
      Yay for new news... I spose.
      I wonder if any of the new KH games will have any of the FFXIII games characters in them...
      As you can see, I'm currently obsessed with FFvsXIII....
    2. Demyx_MelodiousNocturne
      Demyx_MelodiousNocturne
      omg~ yay! i'm soooooooooo excited!!! X3
    3. jazumin-chan
      jazumin-chan
      I believe it was put on DS because at the same time as this story progresses, Sora and co. are in Castle Oblivion in the GBA game(DS being GBA's sucessor)
    4. *TwilightNight*
      *TwilightNight*
      OMG, wow, we might actually get to see Roxas a Lion Cub, and I am wondering how many Disney Worlds are actually going to be in there now. 358/2 Days is definitely the first game we'll get, and great because that's the one I'm waiting for! And only because I got a DS, and in no way have a PSP T-T.

And the 14th Member, now we know, guides Roxas into the decision he makes. How? I do not know. Kind of makes me feel so bad for Larxene xP, since she was the only female Org. member, who never really got the screen time she needed, especially since she's one of the CoM members who really didn't get much attention, and now someone else is in there, and has everyone's attention span and is important to the plot.

Though from the info we got way before, she and Vexen laugh at her, don't they?
    5. Rainbow
      Rainbow
      Thanks for the info Xaldin. It all looks really great! I cant wait to play it!
    6. Princess Luna
      Princess Luna
      roxas will have FORMS like sora?!? wow!! awesome!!! cant wait for the game!!! thankx!! :)
    7. Erkz
      Erkz
      OH NOES! IT'S PART YAOI DATING SIM. NOOO!!! *shot shot shot*

Nice info.

<.< That whole "14th Member influencing Roxas" thing is starting to make it sound more and more like Aqua'a Nobody...
    8. xemnasfan
      xemnasfan
      the more i hear about multiplayer mode the more find myself turning away from this game more and more.

not everyone has close friends damn it...

i'm hanging onto a shread of hope that i can play as xemnas, but at the very least saix is there.

i want the other one to come out first because xehanort just might get some screen time.
    9. Neige
      Neige
      Why would the XIII Order have 14 members to begin with...? :V
    10. Destiny's Force
      Destiny's Force
      Wait. What the...?

Roxas has multiple forms? :sideways:

Great. All of his fangirls will probably want to see how he looks in Atlantica without a shirt and no pants. :rolleyes:

But seriously, I'm glad they're working on the voice issue. I'll be especially glad when KH-vids will be able to have the cutscenes available for download. :D
    11. Ulicies
      Ulicies
      First of all, you can be ALL 13 members INCLUDING xemnas, saix,....yeah.

About multiplayer though, was I the only one that noticed this sentence about multiplayer: "A chat option is added into the multiplayer mode, allowing other players to chat with each other." This struck me on the forehead; why would we need a way to chat with each other if we're right in the same room? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like Wifi, and that sentence has given me hopes for online co-op. (maybe more)
    12. xemnasfan
      xemnasfan
    13. MikedssxXII
      MikedssxXII
      I can't wait to play this on the go I love KH and KH2 and have beaten them atleast 4 times each WHOO!!
    14. Erkz
      Erkz
      All 14, you mean. He said ALL the members of the organization will be playable. I'd believe that includes miss 14.

W-w-w-w-wait. Co-op techniques? As in limits? ROXAS HAS LIMITS WITH THE OTHER ORG MEMBERS?!

O: I MUST SEE THEM.
    15. Tikem
      Tikem
      It said all 'cept XIV in a preavious info... If I'm not wrong...
    16. TheFerg
      TheFerg
      I really just wish we could have a video and/or release date... :( Either way, great info.
    17. Near-to-Tears
      Near-to-Tears
      That doesn't say much for Vexen really does it...>_>....

Wow, the more I hear about this game the more I want to play it...
    18. Shadows Of Oblivion
      Shadows Of Oblivion
      Very interesting...

As for controlling XIV... it was stated 'all XIII members are playable in multiplayer'... which means she MAY be playable... and may not...
    19. Mielé
      Mielé
      this info makes me want the game even more >w>
      thanks for the info Xaldin =D
    20. Xendran
      Xendran
      any info i get makes me want the game ^_^