(Updated) Even more 358/2 Day Info

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, though there's still no new scans yet, there are definitely some small bits of new information on what we can expect in Kingdom Hearts. Here's a brief summary of the interview.

- The scenes in KH2FM+ featuring Roxas and Axel have now been done in full work detail.
    - Roxas will be having a few different forms, such as Sora did when entering Disney Worlds.
    - The story of the game will not be entirely understandable for those that do not have the game, however they won't enjoy it as much.
    - Other characters will be appearing there as well, including various Disney Characters.
    - However most of the conversations in this game will be revolving around Roxas.
    - Those who played Kingdom Hearts II should understand the story even more, and may even understand why this game was put onto the DS.
    - The 14th Member is a female who has influenced Roxas in his future actions, however she is too much of an important character in the story to talk about.
    - In the event scenes, there will be a little movie, there also may be an opening movie to the game.
    - The voice is becoming a issue with capacity but I am trying to find various ways to compress it into the game.
    - During this we are re-doing the cutscenes of 358/2 Days as well, this is because on the DS there is a weak design to the data and for every update to the hardware we push 358/2 Days further.
    - Even though we have a low capacity problem Nintendo has made it far, even their Rom capacity is going up!....Slowly (laughs)
    - The order of Single Player to summarize it up is "Go to mission, Clear Mission, Return to HQ, Prepare for next mission, go to next mission." There are also small mini events you can do such as after beating a mission join Axel for some Sea Salt Icecream.
    - Missions that are beaten in Single Player can be played in Multiplayer mode.

Updated

Functions and Restrictions of KH on the DS
    - There were many thoughts about making the game, before moving it to the DS.
    - One of the thoughts was the capacity of the game, while the other one focused more on.
    - The second thought was more on the use of the double screen, and the touchpen.
    - When the story of the game was told, everyone was really interested in it, and wanted to work on it right away and deserved special production.
    - The main problem of putting it onto the DS was the fact that the polygons of the characters dropped, although we tried our best to keep the cutscenes at least to the feel of the KH series. We are currently trying to fix the polygons for the gameplay to make it as smooth as possible.
    - A chat option is added into the multiplayer mode, allowing other players to chat with each other.

Button Operations
    - Nomura believes that the KH series feel of combat has kept that feel in 358/2 Days.
    - He still will not utilize the touchpen in terms of gameplay.
    - The buttons in the demo at JF have been re-arranged.
    - Because this time the game will not be able to use an analog stick it doesn't really fill like the main stream of the KH series to begin with, although we are aiming to get the best feel we can give for a KH game.
    - The only complaints about the game given was the having to use the cross pad buttons instead of the Analog stick.
    - We adjusted it though, and added a bit of connection between speed, combo and other actions during gameplay.
    - The LM gauge is used as co-operation techniques as well as very dangerously powerful attacks.
    - The Organization members in 358/2 Days in Multiplayer Mode will have moves from the original KH2, however due to restrictions we might not be able to have all their moves in there.
    - Originally the chairs moved up or down when failing or succeeding a mission, we might change that a bit.

Souce: Light in the Chaos

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Jan 22, 2008.

1. firekey999
      firekey999
      What?! What?! What???

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep is for the DS???? Noooooooooo!!!!!!!! I thought it was for the PSP. I have a PSP but I don't have a DS!! *loser face* xP :\.... but from the info of 'Suzume', is it for both? o.O

It'll be kool if a form of Roxas was Sora! >.<
    2. PaopuDragon
      PaopuDragon
      These new games depress me, seriously. I don't have a DS, I don't have a PSP, and I sure as hell don't have a mobile phone, nor will I be able to afford any. It's pissing me off because I'm so desperate to play each of these games. >_<

Ugh, I need a job, huh? xD
    3. Solid Snake
      Solid Snake
      Im glad there trying so hard to get voices

it rly shows they care :)
    4. Laxan
      Laxan
      Nice info. Is that your music below? It's pretty good. What kind of program do you use to make your music? My recording equipment is pretty good. Just wish I had a Yamaha keyboard! Oh well... once I save up $900 I'll buy me a good old Yamaha. BTW, is your name really Mark York?
    5. Anixe
      Anixe
      Can't wait to see Lion Roxas. >.>

But anyway, at least some good news came around for 358. I suppose that this will be the first to come out of the three games? Getting pumped by that 14th Member info. XD Thanks for the news. =D
    6. Akino
      Akino
      Wow, I wish they'd reveal more about the 14th member. But seeming that she's to important, we'll have to wait awhile. BUT...Halloween Town Org. Members must be in the game, or I'll hear angry mobs of fans. x)

Thanks Xaldin!
    7. Ultima Wepon
      Ultima Wepon
      Thanks for the info Xaldon. ireally can't wait for the game to come out!!!!!
    8. DKNC
      DKNC
      Thanks for the info! I am really looking forward to this game. I can hardly wait.
      I do need to buy a DS for this though, but who cares. ^.^ The game will be so worth it!
    9. koolashley
      koolashley
      Thanks, Xaldin...I love all the info for the DS game, I -we- really appreciate it.
    10. keyblader of hearts
      keyblader of hearts
      for wii

why can't they just make these games for the ps3 and nintendo wii If they're so worried about capacity
    11. [Total.Chaos]
      [Total.Chaos]
      I should get a DS for my birthday and then I will be ready for the new games of KH.
    12. twilight knight4
      twilight knight4
      im glad there making this game and i am going to get it but all of these problems there running into wouldnt have happing if they just put it on the psp
    13. BBSven-roxaz13
    14. Radiowave
      Radiowave
      roxas with drive forms? its innovative...but still weird. Especially in thinking about how it works o.O
    15. JaxonXIII
      JaxonXIII
      Nice info, Xaldin.

I hope you can play Multiplayer mode solo, (allies are AI) because I really want to play as the other members (Lexaeus!), assuming, of course, that story mode doesn't use them (that would be cool though. Battle Sora in Castle Oblivion as the COM members. Maybe it can be a bonus.)
    16. AyuSora
      AyuSora
      They most likely not reveal the 14th member. It's like Cloverfield. They didn't show the moster in the commercials or anything. They revealed it in the movie itself. They'll probably do the same.

He's talking about forms like the merman appearance or Christmas costume. Drive forms would be cool.
    17. Dredica
      Dredica
      Hmm, I don't really care for anymore 358/2 days, we already know what happens, I want to hear more about birth by sleep, thats something new. The only thing I'm intersted in 358/2 days is about the female. Thats all I have to say lol.
    18. Akatsuki
      Akatsuki
      Cool, I hope Pride Land is there to see what Roxas will look like as a lion.
    19. hangthesilver
      hangthesilver
      I'm almost positive that there's an interview that says it's NOT Namine......whoever asked that question earlier in thist hread...and BBS is going to be for PSP, not DS...whoever asked that queston...

And OMFG I almost had an anuerysm reading this.

I am SO excited you have no effing idea. <3
    20. KeybladeSpirit
      KeybladeSpirit
      I hate you so much Xaldin. You got me so excited. Now I will not be able to sleep until 358/2 Days comes out. Due to this thread, I will get bad grades in school. And because you made the thread, it's ALL YOUR FAULT! *Snore* jk :lol: All of that is true except for the "I hate you" part. And as far as the special reason for it being on the DS, I think it is because with the double screen, you will be able to view two cutscenes at once. Kinda like in COM, they have the basements and the upper floors, it would be much cooler to see both at once. Also, for those of you that are hoping for the touchscreen to be utilized to its fullest for a really awesome new battle system, it has already been confirmed that the touchscreen will not be utilized very much, in an effort to keep the battle system very similar to previous games. D: I think the most it will be used for is selecting the command menu options, cept' for attack of course. Cuz I noticed in the scans that there are 3 options instead of 4. But, just because it has been confirmed that the touchscreen will not be utilized very much, doesn't mean that Nomura can't change his mind. So that means there is still hope! XD