Fandub UPDATE: Fan Dub Announcement. Get Involved!

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Mike, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Mike Chaser

[​IMG]
    VOICE . SUBMIT . VIEW

Hey everyone, the Kingdom Hearts community seems real slow due to no recent news. As we get closer to the release date of Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, we'll be seeing more scans, information, artwork and even trailers.

Anyway, during times like this I like to keep the community active with something. I mean KHV is a fansite, which means this website should share more work from the members of KHV. So, I've been thinking...

If you've seen my Roxas fan made dubs, then this may encourage you to get up and get involved. I've been working really hard on joining many projects and even making my own. I've just got accepted into many Kingdom Hearts fan dubs. As I'm in the process of doing this, I thought it would be awesome if I can feature some of the KHV members.

It's very possible that you guys have a talent for voicing. So, with that said, i'm currently looking for a Xion voice over. I personally think Xion may sound very close to Hayden Panettiere's voice. If you feel you can match or sound just like Kairi, then please send me an email (cgnetproductions@aol.com). Also feel free to create your own Xion voice, but again make sure it sounds similar to Hayden’s voice.

I'm looking for auditions from many of you. In fact, as we get closer, I'll also be looking for some voice over’s for Axel, Riku and many of the Organization members. The casting will also be posted on the Voice Acting Forums, because I'm not sure how many of you are willing to voice.

As of now, there's no deadline, but once the Japanese version is released, I'll be looking to voice the scenes as quick as possible before it comes out for North America. You guys got to remember to just have fun. If this is something your serious about, then please get involved. It'll be a good experience and a chance to be heard from many visitors. I do ask that those of you that audition to take this serious and have fun. I'm also looking for emotion. The lines to audition for Xion are listed below. There's only three lines that you need to send me if you want to be apart. Make sure that you also tell me your user name and email, so I can get in touch and give you more of the latest details. Also if you want to get involved with the voice acting community, click HERE to check out many other projects and lineups by fans of all video games, radio plays, cartoons and singing.

Xion: “Do I not exist?â€
    Xion: “How can two people be the same?â€
    Xionâ€: “May I ask you about the girl who’s always together with Sora?â€

Format:
    This is very important. When you submit your lines, please make sure that they are in Wav or MP3 format. I will accept other audio formats, but please contact me if that's the case.

UPDATE:
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm joining the fan dub with you guys.
    I'll be giving my voice to my own dub as Roxas with those of you that are auditioning for the other organization members. I'm also looking for a Riku, Diz, Namine and a Mickey.

You all have a lot of time to just practice by yourself. So, take the time out before sending me the auditions. In the upcoming weeks I'll be posting all the lines for the other characters.

If you guys have any questions, please post them in here. They will be answered.

If you would like to see my Roxas dubs, click HERE.
    Lastly, my friend from Voice Acting Alliance has made this Kingdom Hearts: II fan dub and asked me to add my voice as Roxas. As usual, I was very happy to be a part of it. My part isn't long, but it does range from 02:30-3:41.

The video is actually four minutes long and also contains other fan voices.

• dude2556: He made the fan dub. He also voiced as Sora, Riku, Xemnas and Mickey.
    • Konata: voiced as Namine
    • Kairi (forum name): Voiced as Kairi
    • CGNET/ Mike: I voiced as Roxas.
    • Goofy and Donald were voiced by the regular voice over’s.
    Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZJI27yVG8
    Comments would help guys. Thanks.

Ps. Dude2556 is currently working with many fan voice over's including me for the whole Kingdom Hearts: II game. We are currently almost done with Day 1. There is a lot of emotion guys. I hope to share it with you all soon.

Take care guys.

2. jafar custom title

I would like to see more like this. I would love to do it, but I'm not a girl nor is my voice girlish. So, I guess I will have to wait for the next oppertunity.

3. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

I'd like to audition for Xion as soon as I get my mic up and running. Though I'm not a girl, I've done voice acting for girls before and people say I sound like on on mics and phones since my voice hasn't changed yet.

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

That's really good. Don't forget about mine Mike.
    (BTW, i got your audition)

5. Mike Chaser

So, it was you at VAA. I knew it. I didn't think anyone else would have your username.
    I look forward to voicing your project if I'm picked.

6. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Yeah, i have copyright of that username (okay, not really). I heard you're Roxas voice, and it sounds closer to other's than that i've heard thus far. I might also ask you to be another Organization member.

7. Mike Chaser

Which Organization member you have in mind?

8. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Let's see. I would say Demyx and Lexeus. No need to send auditions, we're still a long way to go.

BTW, for anyone who wants to know, i'm currently holding auditions for a Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days radio play.
    link
    Auds are accepted 'til March 1st.

9. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

I would do Xion but my voice is too low. D:

Plus I need a microphone. XD; Well, thanks for the heads up anyway. If I do get a mic, let me know if I can do any young Sora voices (or young boys' voices).

I can also do a Goofy but... well... meh.

10. Dawn King's Apprentice

I'd like to give a try even though I never heard of my own voice. It is possible to turn this into schoolwork for me.

11. PuffinBoy415 Twilight Town Denizen

I'd be interested in Luxord if he ever comes up.

12. ~The Rising Falcon Twilight Town Denizen

i could shoot and try for a roxas
    or a xemnas if needed

idk how to do this
    but im sure i can do a good xemnas

13. Dorakko Moogle Assistant

Hi there. Well, I'd like to participate, I mean, I think I have a good voice, some people have already told me that. But, you know, I don't speak english very well; I'm from Chile (here we speak spanish), so I have an accent a little weird, anyway, it could become handful, but tell me what do you think. I can dub several characters. I have a low voice, so maybe... Xemnas? I dunno...

14. Shingobunny Merlin's Housekeeper

D; I'd go for Vexen, since he's my favorite, but 22 year old female =/= 40+ year old male, unless you're feeling particularly avant garde.

So I guess Xion'll do?

15. luckycharm Moogle Assistant

i'm quite good at voicing aerith or yuffie if there are any scenes you find featuring them? i am british but when i get into character you wouldn't be able to tell. i do a good american accent, as well as characterization and emotion =]

ive been practising Xion and i think i sound alright. I made my voice sounds like something in between Kairi and Namine. I think i can voice her quiet desperation and hopelessness aswell as her defiance. just so you know, i am a fourteen year old girl. =)

16. Master Sora Merlin's Housekeeper

I could try out for roxas or riku but i have no idea which character my voice sounds closest to. I guess you can be the judge of that.

17. Arixik Traverse Town Homebody

in your closet that's filled with fuzzy coats
    Lawl.
    I have a mic. Butttt...
    I don't think that I have a Xion voice. >.>​

18. TheVader74 Gummi Ship Junkie

Hmm. interesting. I've been trying to get some more voice acting work,(I only do three roles thus far, and it's a long wait between waiting for each script) I'll probably go for Riku if I ever try this out. I've been looking for some fan-dubs to do anyway. My search for TWEWY ones has been unsuccessful,(I think I have a pretty damn good Neku voice down) so I'll give this a go!

19. Mike Chaser

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm joining the fan dub with you guys.
    I'll be giving my voice to my own dub as Roxas with those of you that are auditioning for the other organization members. I'm also looking for a Riku, Diz and a Mickey.

You all have a lot of time to just practice by yourself. So, take the time out before sending me the auditions. In the upcoming weeks I'll be posting all the lines for the other characters.

If you guys have any questions, please post them in here. They will be answered.

20. Roxas3310 Merlin's Housekeeper

i'm a great voice for Diz. it's almost an exact rendition of Chris Lee's voice :D hit me up if you want to hear. (i'll make a recording soon)