United states of america coming to it's end?

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by 9Kairi9hearts, Jun 30, 2010.

1. EvilMan_89 Code Master

well, i really don't think the recession isn't really as bad as the news makes it out to be, but i'm just using my own experience to say this so i could be dead wrong.

as for President Obama, i really have no opinion on him. to be honest, i forget he's president half the time, whenever he's on TV i'm like "why is he still on TV? ohhhh right.......he's president." i don't know if he's doing well or not, and to be honest i don't care that much.

but anyways, even if the years of the US being the best are over it's still not too bad a place to live (except for the high crime rate).

i believe that the law was that the government can't force you to buy anything. they get around this with car insurance because you don't HAVE to own a care, but they are forcing people to buy health insurance (i think, i really am not too sure on the specifics of that).

2. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Obama was elected President because Americe is sick of old, white, (and now many are dead) men. He was elected becasue he was charasmatic, because he was declaring he'd bring change, ad I think the most important fact, becasue he is a black man.

If it was an election between a man with sound ideas and Obama, Obama would win. If it was an election between a man with years experiencing in leading, Obama would win. The very fact he is black made a great impact on the whole of the USA. Being the first black American President does not mean he will be America's greatest president, hell i'm still loving Lincoln. But like other prominent leaders who came from small stock, he's a smooth talker and an influential man that gained him the Oval office.

As to the recssion, that was not America, that was the WHOLE world that was effected by the recession. Just becasue we all have a global recession does not mean a whole global reform of governments is gonna happen, leading to Capitalism's death. IT's just another bump in the long economic cycle we go through.

And as far as being the best country, that's a matter of opinion, and the only people I currently know who think that that the USA is the greatest country in the world are all Americans. Meaning it's biased and a complete waste of time trying to justify it.

Basically, the American government, unless they do something insanely ridiculous, will be in power for a long time to come. But obviously, as times change, so do governments.

3. Shadox D. Twilight Town Denizen

I wouldn't be surprised if the US come to an end. There is too much political problems as there is and I'm sure that it will progressively get worse. If we kill ourselves its only our fault because of the decisions we make.