Full Chorus: Under the Sea [KHV Chorus]

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Jayn, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mish smiley day!

Sent my lines. Why do I always have no idea what to do for the adlib parts? ;~;

2. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I feel so left out. •n•

I sent my lines in some hours ago.

3. Jayn

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. <333 I'm going to update the OP when I save them to my computer. v: But otherwise, thank you guys.

Edit; Mixing. You guys are going to give me a heart attack. I think I'm going to rewrite the rules just to make things...easier to understand. I'll do a bunch of examples to help you guys.

Edit2; I don't feel like bothering anyone individually anymore. Just. In the future, please.

> If you sing the entire song, send me one version with JUST YOUR LINES and another with all of the lines. It's hassle to cut them up and the entire process takes longer. Please. I. Just. Want. Your. Lines.

> Stop sending me your lines in a long file. Space them out with the instrumental. No back to back lines meaning singing "the seaweed is always greener in somebody elses lake, under the seeeea, the carp plays the harp" etc, please stop. Sing your lines, and only your lines, and let the silence stay there.

> Please don't sing lines that aren't yours unless they're in another file that you send. Just sing your lines. Only your lines.

> Black lines = sing them please? ;c It's a hassle to pick apart who sang them and who didn't and then only show those who sang them instead of showing everyone at once, so I usually just show everybody--which is stupid because it's obvious when everyone is not singing them, lol. Please sing them.

> Pay attention to the notes at the top of every song. I will tell you if it's okay to sing along with the original singer or if you should try to sing with the instrumental only. If you ever need a reference, just ask and I'll sing you one.

> If I provide a reference for extras like harmonies and stuff, please follow it. That's why I provide a reference. Not to be a control freak, but just...sometimes it sounds really bad. Really, really bad. Harmonies should be in-sync and they're more technical than ad-libs. Ad-libs you can have fun with and be individual about. Harmonies, however...Uniform and leveled.

It's like the difference between a solo and a quartet. You can be as unique as you want in your solos, but if you're singing with someone else and decide it'd be a good idea to go full-out screamo then it sounds bad and it's unfair to whoever you're singing with. There's a time to be uniformed, and a time to break free. I try to balance out the 'uniformed' and the individual parts.

> I've been lax about the renders, but it's really helpful to pick one where the character is standing up. Head to toe is the best. It's better if there are no weapons or unnecessary...accessories. A good example is the 500 miles video. So awkward when your render has a sword or something. There should be absolutely no background. Noooo backgrounnnnd. I'd render our images myself, but I'm horrible at that so please help out. ;c I've considered just drawing everyone a render to use because that would be a lot easier for me in the long run--but would take much longer.

Anyway, due to these...issues, I may take a tad longer with things than I had wanted to. I'll be working on the mix and the video as often as possible. I'm not really busy lately, so it should be fine, but I'll let you guys know when I have an exact date in mind for posting the video.

Some people have approached me about KHV Chorus lately, and I just want to point out, I'm not mad right now. lol. I'll put together a better tutorial and better rules and information for you guys so that...it's clear and I don't have to keep reminding everyone. I appreciate it.

I know a lot of these don't sound like a big deal, but it's not an individual thing. There are a lot of people to deal with and a short amount of time. For example, I run another chorus, there are over 10 people helping in staff and 16+ participating in the actual singing, etc, but full choruses take up to 4 months. I try to compress all of that into one week and unless I ask some of our volunteer to help, I'm doing everything that the 10 people do together in the other chorus in that amount of time. So I admittedly get a little ... hair-pull/slitslit when I try to find way to help this run smoother and to stay consistent and quick and it's like ... "*ignores all guidelines*" But part of that is my fault for not being clear enough, SO I'MA GET STARTED ON THAT MASSIVE TUTORIAL/RULE-RE-WRITE.

But... with the exclusion of Dinny, there were no drop outs this time, so that's really good!

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I feel bad... I did like 6 no-no's :c

5. Jayn

Aw...No, it's okay. My fault. :c I spent all today making a 20 minute video tutorial for KHVC so it's all good. I'm going to rewrite the rules/information sticky tonight.

6. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

ooo a video tutorial that sounds fun to watch! :D
    But yeah sorry if I ever broke any of those rules myself. I know I did a lot of that in the beginning. I appreciate how hard you work Jayn!

7. Jayn

Alrighty. Tutorials and rule revamp is done. Linking here, just in case anyone wants to look it over before Hey Jude!

I'll be working on the video a lot tomorrow/today.~

Also, thank you GB. c: It's all good.

8. Mysty Unknown

This was my first time, I hope I didn't do anything wrong. Please allow me to fix it if I did.

9. Mish smiley day!

lol, I probably use the most primitive way of recording. Windows Sound Recorder while listening to the original song on youtube ftw. I only resort to Audacity if I'm really having trouble.

I'm sure I've committed quite a few of those annoyances that you listed, Jayn, and for that I AM SORRY ;;

10. Jayn

You guys don't have to apologize. Honestlyyyy. I just thought maybe if I explained things better it wouldn't seem so complicated. xD

@Myst; You're fine. c:

Everyone is fine for Under the Sea. I'm working on it right now.

Edit 10:23pm Mmkay, video placement is donnnne.

Edit 2:03am Name placement -- done.

Edit 5:20am

Mixing is done. (aka; jayn quits )

11. T3F Chaser

poor jayn :(
    I'm really looking forward to how it turns out!! :)

12. Jayn

Thank you. ;c

So...I remixed it later today after all. I'm still not happy with it, but it was either start completely from scratch and take even longer or just release it ... so that I am doing. Releasing it. Forgive me for the mistakes.

I also rendered the video twice, which is why it took so long to post. Made a couple of mistakes and switched the audio track. There's still a mistake in the video but I won't point it out--please don't look for it either, I apologizeeeee. It's currently uploading to YT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.