Two Nomura Interviews + Kingdom Hearts X Verification

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, I know I'm pretty late for the first interview, as I was trying to find a source, but I managed to find the origins of it thanks to kh-2.net! Also there's another recent Nomura interview, that was posted in the 2ch boards, I'm not sure if it's from the Ultimania or Famitsu. However it talks about things Nomura wishes he could improve on the game. Which hints what may be possible in the next Kingdom Hearts Franchise!

First thing first however, here's an interview that was translated by KHN's WingsofaButterfly202's friend, and put up by Tomogirl.

Who will be the main character, and on what platform? About the next game that we've all been wondering about.

Interviewer: About the new KH title that will be announced after summer this year (2007), will that be a direct sequel?

Nomura: Hmm...I'm not sure how much I can say (laughs). I'll start of by saying that it's not Kingdom Hearts 3.

Interviewer: So this game will be a side story?

Nomura: That's right. My own feelings are that I would like to give Sora a break from large adventures for a little while. So I'm thinking of making the next game's story focus on other characters.

Interviewer: So by a little while, do you mean that Sora's journey from Kingdom Hearts 2 hasn't finished?

Nomura: Yes. If you're talking about the mysteries that started from Kingdom Hearts 1, then those were all revealed. In the ending of Kingdom Hearts II, there was a scene where Sora received a letter from the King; for Sora, I would like you to consider this as a new beginning. The truth is, until the very end, I was considering whether or not to include a scene showing them setting off on a journey after reading the letter.

Interviewer: So, let's talk about this new story, which doesn't have Sora as the main character. What sort of story will it be?

Nomura: Well, I need to start with the story depicted in a Birth by Sleep. Aside from that, there's the story of how the King found his keyblade in the world of darkness and other things like that. Myself, one of the things I most want to do is to give Roxas more of a role to play. I think it would be interesting to flesh out more of the year he spent between his birth and disappearance. Or making Riku the main character, and writing about his desperate fight while Sora was asleep, and things like that. You get the impression that Riku summoned Roxas to a place of shadows, and that Riku is a master of shadows, so I would like to give him more exploration in the game.

Interviewer: Will there be anything different in the game system?

Nomura: I'd like to try something a little different to the previous games in the KH series. I'm not just talking about the next game, more about the next project, so I can't say that it will just be one game (laughs). For the Kingdom Hearts series, being made with our company and Disney, both companies have things in mind that we would like to make reality, so there's always at least two things we want to do.

Interviwer: What platform does it look like the next game will be released on?

Nomura: Hmm... Probably a hand-held platform. Right now we're working on titles for the PSP (FFVII Crisis Core), Nintendo DS (This Wonderful World) and for mobile phones (MONOTONE), so I wouldn't be surprised if it were on any of those platforms.

Interviewer: Is there any chance that this game may be released on multiple platforms?

Nomura: We haven't considered that in the development. If possible, I would like to make a system that suits the platform. But in contrast, in terms of ideas, I would want ideas that could be released on any platform.

Interviewer: The more I hear about the next game, the more exciting it sounds, but for the fans the first thing to do is to see KH2 Final Mix's secret movie isn't it?

Nomura: Yes. I'm worried that we made the conditions for getting the secret movie too hard, but through reading this guide, I hope the readers will be able to see the secret movie. Finding a way to defeat (the new boss) is tough, but I've seen it done, so I know it's not impossible (laughs). If you're able to see the new secret movie and turn your thoughts to the next Kingdom Hearts, I'd be very happy.

Moving on now, here's the second interview, that was recently posted, the poster, only put of a basic summary of what Nomura said, however that makes it much easier to read it.

Improving the Combat of Kingdom Hearts

Here are the following things Nomura stated he wanted to do, or problems that occurred in Kingdom Hearts II.

- "I was hoping earlier to mix combo's with magic for more variety, however this had to be taken out due to small issues with the system."

- "The Keyblade's stats never impacted on the game as much."

- "Before I was hoping to add a bit more flare to High Jump *laughs*"

Although this is not much, we can expect a more detailed interview with a scan in the near future hopefully.

Finally about Kingdom Hearts X, some of you are confused if this means the name of the next Kingdom Hearts game is called Kingdom Hearts X, I'm going to clear this up once and for all.

Kingdom Hearts "X" the X factor, just like they were in the Organization, is the common letter used for "Unknown". Which means they are unsure what the next Kingdom Hearts name is. This is a common thing, seen among games that have a spinoff, but their titles are not announced.

Sources: KHN and 2ch.

I apologize for the lack of updates recently, however we still have some things in store for you all.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Jul 25, 2007.

1. TiedToTheDarkness
      TiedToTheDarkness
      Yay! An update!
      Now I'm seriously looking forward to the next game (like I wasn't already). I can bear with a side story until Sora comes back, especially if the side story has to do with Riku or Roxas. Too bad it's gonna be on a handheld...
    2. babbitrules
      babbitrules
      once again

once again, they made no mention to whether Final mix + is coming to the u.s. guess ill wait till "tgs"
    3. Sion
      Sion
      Gaia online here I come baby! :D Thanks a bunch Xaldin this is what I was waiting for!
    4. Clontox
      Clontox
      hey Xaldin, have YOU ever talked to Nomura yourself? I know I'm probably asking a stupid question, but I'm just curious.
    5. Ienzo
      Ienzo
      This has made my day! I think the nest one should be about Roxas and the year he spent in the organisation and at the end it should be him fighting Riku and winning or something I'm not an expert.
    6. Kosmy_strife
      Kosmy_strife
      well these infos are very good and i REALLY hope that the next game will be on ALL platforms:P
    7. zavl
      zavl
      Okay, so it's a side game, without a sign of sora riku or any heartless or disney people (except mickey)! I wonder when the real KH3 will come? Also I hope they put it on several consoles and not just handhelds! PLEASE HEAR MY PLEA FOR IT BEING ON PS2 or PS3 AS WELL!!!
    8. qwdc
      qwdc
      Despite that most of the stuff mentioned was already said, I'm still intrigued at the fact that the next game may be a bit more expanded than we thought and might even explore Mickey's story.

Good find.
    9. [Total.Chaos]
      [Total.Chaos]
      Thanks for this information Xaldin! It makes me little bit more sure that KH2FM will be coming to the US, because he wants us to try to fulfill the requirments for the secret movie at the end, buy by now all of us has seen that. I am looking foreward to the side story. Hopefully, it'd be Roxas as the main character and not just some NPC later in the game. New boss? What is this boss? Anyone got videos of the battle?
    10. Soku
      Soku
      Alright, thanks Xaldin.
    11. AXELMemerised
      AXELMemerised
      so
      nomoura wants to develop a stroy
      leading further into roxas,
      but at the same time
      wanting to explain the 3 soldiers?
    12. Sophia_Esteed061289
      Sophia_Esteed061289
      Awesome! But please, please, PLEASE not on mobile!! My providers won't provide it if mobile, and you know how the last mobile went, Nomura! Stick with DS or PSP, please...
    13. [Total.Chaos]
      [Total.Chaos]
      I'll second that.
    14. YouSheng
      YouSheng
      thank you for the news
      it made me exited
    15. Soushirei
      Soushirei
      Well, glad to know that it's what many of us expected it to be: a side story.

As long as I know Nomura is planning to carry on Sora's Story in the future, I couldn't care less what this title is about--of course I'll wait to see what platform it'll come out on before going to buy anything ;p. XD
    16. sepirothpk
      sepirothpk
      Thanks a heap! This is awesome. I knew Sora's story wasn't over!
    17. Dark Keyblade Knight
      Dark Keyblade Knight
      OK,

1. I gave you (Xaldin) the 1st interview

2. The forum it came from was bzpower.com .

But the rest was from another site, I know that.
    18. ♥AL90♥
      ♥AL90♥
      Riku might be the next main character!? OMG!
    19. ragdenavi
      ragdenavi
      OMG im so exited
      to play the new kh XD
      this woul be better wiiiiiii!!!!
    20. ZeroX25
      ZeroX25
      I think they should put it on both DS and PSP. Anyways they should make Roxas Story then later when you beat the game with Roxas you Unlock Riku mode :D! Or the other way around shouldn't matter that much because both Riku and Roxas ROCKS :D