Twin Factory

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Lauriam, Oct 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Twin Factory.png
    You’ve been waiting for this for a long time. When you and your identical twin sibling received a letter, inviting you into an exclusive boarding school in the mountains of Japan, you were excited. You’ve never heard of this particular school before, and upon further research, the school appears to be very new, open for the first time this year. You have no idea why the two of you were accepted into the school, but by all accounts, it seems like a very good school, and promises to give you an excellent education, and countless career opportunities upon graduating. Besides, the pictures of the campus show a grand and beautiful school, with spacious dormitories and state-of-the-art classrooms, all nestled in the mountains and surrounded by wide valleys and forests. You can’t help but feel like you’re going on an adventure, like something you might read about in a manga…

But when you show up on the first day, looking around at all the other students and looking for where the Commencement is going to be held, you notice something startling.

...Is everyone attending this school a twin? Everywhere you look, you see double. You’ve never thought twins were creepy before, being one yourself, but it’s decidedly unnerving to see two of every student you pass. Things are going to be even more confusing, you realize, once everyone’s changed into the school uniforms. It will be nearly impossible to tell anyone apart.

Everyone seems just as startled and confused as you are, as you all make your way into the foyer of the school, where there are adults standing on a staircase, ready to welcome you to the school. Around forty or fifty students in all enter the hall, and then the large doors close behind you, the room falling into the purest silence you’ve ever heard in such a large crowd as the sound of the wooden door closing echoes in the large open room.

“Good evening,” the man in the center of the line of adults says in a loud, clear voice. He appears to be one of the oldest there, with a snowy white beard and a pair of glasses. “My name is Principal Nobuyuki Ichiyusai. Welcome to Kagaminomi Institution! We are all very happy to have you with us. Allow me to introduce you to your teachers. Miss Haruna Maita.”

A young woman, looking to be around twenty-five, stepped forward, nodding her head, straight black hair down to her waist. “Hello, children,” she said coolly, smiling. “It’s very nice to meet you. I look forward to our time together. I will be teaching maths.”

“Mr. Kaede Akutagawa,” the Principal said, as Miss Haruna stepped back and another elderly man stepped forward with a smile, looking around at all the students excitedly.

“Good evening!” He said. “I’m so happy to meet you all! I’m going to be teaching history, and I’m sure you’re all going to love my classes! Ah, the history classroom is down the main hall, take a left into the third corridor, and then- oh, or was it the fourth corridor? Ahm, either the third or the fourth corridor, and the second door on the right. I’m sure we’ll all have so much fun learning all about… No, wait a moment, was it the second door on the right, or the second door on the left? ...Or was it the third door?”

“Well, I’m sure all the students will find your class once they get the maps of the campus,” Principal Ichiyusai said with a chuckle. “Miss Chinatsu Kurata,” he introduced.

A woman appearing to be in her fifties stepped forward, peering at all the students with a slight glare. “Good evening,” she said sharply. “I teach the sciences, and I expect complete punctuality, strict adherence to the rules, and all of my students to arrive in clean, pressed uniforms, without so much as a wrinkle or loose tie. Good evening.”

She stepped back with a dismissive sigh, as if she had better things to do than stand here and was already rather displeased with the students for inconveniencing her so.

“Mr. Hayata Ichiyusai,” Principal Ichiyusai said, waving to the first of two identical young men with glasses and shoulder-length black hair. You feel a twinge of unease. It appears that even two of your teachers are twins.

The young man, appearing to be around twenty, stepped forward, offering a slight smile to the students. “Hello,” he said softly. “I am the school librarian, and will also offer advice to any who ask for it, whether you’re having trouble adjusting or simply have a question about one of the many wildflowers that grow in this region. You can always find me in the school library.”

...Adjusting?

“And Mr. Rokurou Ichayusai,” Principal Ichayusai said, as the first man stepped back and his brother stepped forward.

“Hello,” he said, his voice as soft as his brothers. “I will be your Language Arts teacher, and I also spend much of my time in the library, where I can offer advice to any who need it. It’s nice to meet you all.”

“And finally, Miss Yuina Uehara,” Principal Ichayusai announced.

A young woman with short dark hair stepped forward. “Good evening,” she said. “I am the school nurse. You can come to me if any of you are feeling ill or injure yourselves. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Now then,” Principal Ichayusai said. “Before we continue commencement, I just need to go over a few rules…”

• Keep things PG-13 and follow the basic rules of KHV.
    • You must have two characters, and they must be identical twins. You may have four characters if you wish, two sets of identical twins.
    • Your characters must be fifteen years old.
    • Your characters were all adopted by their parents or are in foster care.
    • Each set of twins cannot know any other set of twins before the start of the RP.

“Now that all that’s out of the way,” Principal Ichayusai said, looking around at them all and adjusting his glasses. “I’ll bet you’re all wondering why you were accepted here, and why all of you are twins. Well… There’s no easy way to say this… Fifteen years ago, Myself and some of my colleagues you see here, performed an experiment of dark magic on twenty-two newborns, giving them all an identical twin. You were those children. While this is a normal school and you will be attending classes normally, the true purpose of this institution is to help you come to grips with your true nature, and to observe you for any side-effects of the experiment. Mr. Akutagawa, if you can please explain the mirrors?”

Mr. Akutagawa, the elderly history teacher, stepped forward with a grin. “My dear children,” he said happily. “In each of your rooms, you will find a small hand mirror. This mirror is the magical item that keeps the, ah, ‘Mirrored Twin’ functioning properly. If your mirror breaks, a fate worse than death awaits you both. Oh, isn’t it all so fascinating!?”

“Quite,” Principal Ichayusai said, once again giving the science teacher a fond smile.

“Now then, children, I’m sure you’re all tired from travelling, and would like to get on with commencement and dinner, and then retire to your rooms for the evening. Welcome Packages containing maps, class schedules, and where to find your rooms are available on the table in the left corner of this foyer. I hope that you all have a very happy time here at Kagaminomi Institution!”

• You do not know which of your characters is the Mirrored Twin and which one is real.
    • If your mirror is broken, I will take control of the Mirrored Twin, turning them into an NPC, and will PM you the list of afflictions that will now plague the natural child.
    • Only the user in control of the twins may break their mirror. If you have a plan with someone else to have one of their characters break your mirror, you must PM me so that I know you approved it.

Character sheets

Username:
    Character one’s name:
    Character two’s name:
    Appearance:
    C1’s personality:
    C2’s personality:
    Backstory:
    Discord ID:

Game will start sometime next week, beginning immediately after commencement ends.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  2. Aelin Best Waifu

Username: Aelin Fireheart

Character one’s name: Abby Trandor

Character two’s name: Daniel Trandor

Appearance: Left is Abby, and the right is Daniel

C1’s personality: Abby is quiet and shy. She doesn't like being around lots of people or putting herself out there. Change is hard for her. She is a horrible liar and doesn't even try to lie most of the time. She is uncertain most of the time and relies on her sister for a lot. She is naive, believing a lot of what other people tell her without question.

C2’s personality: Daniel on the other hand is strong headed. She likes to make jokes and pick on people for fun. She is a bit annoying and a little bit bossy. What she finds funny not everyone else does. But in the end she will look out for her twin sister even if it i s the uncool thing to do, which is often seen as. Daniel likes to have the attention on herself making her way into the popular crowds when she can.

Backstory: The only life Abby and Daniel have known is a life of hardship and moving from home to home. They never knew their parents, only knew that they had been abandoned. Their first foster home was sure to drill it into their minds that they were abandoned and no one wanted them. Even though they spent the first eight years of their life with this woman, not even she wanted to keep them around, eventually passing them off to another home. That would be the first of ten times that they were forced to move. Daniel had never taken criticism very well and often found herself getting in trouble over it. This lead to issues with the foster families and eventually them being given the boot. Most of the families didn't have a problem with Abby and would have kept her, if she didn't insist on going with her sister.

Being in foster care was not easy on the school life. While Daniel managed to find a way to make herself popular, Abby was often picked on. With that being the case Daniel found herself sticking up for her sister whenever she could and dragging her around with the popular crowd where she didn't fit in at all. When the invitation to go to a new boarding school came up, Daniel was all over the idea, as was her foster parents. Easy way to unload the problem child on someone else without the desperate search for another family willing to take in twin girls. Daniel liked the idea because they could start new. No one had to know that they were orphans with no home to go to. Abby wouldn't be picked on and she could keep up her popular reputation without having to worry about her sister. It was perfect.

Discord ID: Aelin #0057

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Looks great! Accepted.

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

Let the record show that I am interested in joining this

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Oh well in that case I guess I have to keep drawing banners. XD I thought no one would join, so I stopped working on it. XD

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

Username: CrownMoksha
    Character one’s name: Allen Stryker
    Character two’s name: Alex Stryker
    Appearance: Allen's one the right and Alex is on the left
    C1’s personality: Allen's more of a people person. He had no problem with interacting with others and making friends with others.
    C2’s personality: Unlike his twin, Alex works better from behind the scenes. Interacting isn't something that he often does beyond short answers or casual gestures.
    Backstory: TBA
    Discord ID: UncrownedSuzakuMoksha#9274

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  7. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Alright, so, I don't see a link for a picture, sorry, and also, they do have to be the same sex, as they're identical twins instead of fraternal. Is Allen a guy? Or a girl with a somewhat masculine name, like Aelin's Daniel character?

8. CrownMoksha Decimo

Noted, fortunately I have a back up image that I'll edit in after work.

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Nice, thanks. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.