Twilight

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Shuhbooty, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobody's Shadow Kingdom Keeper

In a room where it's nine in the afternoon.
    My dad was thoughtful enough to buy me a copy of Twilight recently. I just started rereading it again today. My goodness, the this series makes me so gosh darn happy. x3

2. Tootsie coquí

I re-read Twilight today and realized something.They got the scene wrong when Bella askes Edward how old is he,it's not in the woods,it's in the car.

And I heard Victoria is going to be in the prom and I don't recall that in the book.

Just wanted to say that~

3. Sadden Blood Warrior Lost in the mind! Help help me god!!!!! Their afte

Damn, my sister(well not really my sister but she's like one to me), anyways she loves this series like hell, and when she saw the trailer for the movie to come out she freaking couldn't stop talking about it, I swear shes obsessed, she wants me to read the series so after she's done reading one of the movies she's going to force em to read it, when I read some of it I'll say stuff abotu it...

4. Sexy Sheva Banned

That's so true. That was immediately the first thing I noticed.
    And about Victoria being in the prom?
    Hmm, maybe she disguises herself to follow them...
    But wouldn't Edward know about it?
    It doesn't make any sense.

That's one thing i got puzzled with,
    and in the fighting scene, it seems Bella is aware of what's going on.. In the movie it shows her running everywhere and it going to show the fight that Edward and James goes through..
    It doesn't say how it is in the book, only that Edward tells her he ripped him to shreds and burned him

5. Tootsie coquí

If they keep up editing the movie they will ruin it,seriously :/

Also,I heard there's going to be a sneak peek of Twilight with Robert Pattinson tomorrow in the MTV Movie Awards.

6. Sexy Sheva Banned

Well, it's MTV doing the whole movie thing aren't they? They'll just try to make it sexual and comedy probably. If not that, Action and sexual >.<
    I'm so there tomorrow night D:

EDIT: I'm also rereading Twilight. I started this morning, and now i'm at the part where she is in Port Angeles where Edward is driving her home... I see now where she asks him how old he is D:

Noder Edit:
    Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh D:!!!!!

FIRST SCENE O___O *hyperventalates*

doesn't look like it follows the book but OMG DX

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/06/0...-twilight-clip-from-the-movie-awards-preshow/

7. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

Just started reading Twilight as well and I just got to page 54 I believe, I love it already!

8. Tootsie coquí

It doesn't look that bad but GOD Robert Pattinson looked so handsome on the red carpet.

Back to the sneak peek discussion:I expected Edward's appearance more..dramatic x: I still don't like Kristen Stewart's acting though..

9. Sexy Sheva Banned

Robert Pattinson is awesome x_x I'm dedicating my whole life to him now xD;

In my own opinion, Kristen seems like the type of girl to pull off a damsel in distress, but in some other way, she sort of acted like she was trying too hard

10. Sexy Sheva Banned

11. P Banned

Seriously, stop the hope now.

When books get changed into movies, they get horribly distorted. This is not something that can be avoided. Some transitions get affected worse than others, but it always happens.

You may be wondering why the producers alter the book, and don’t just copy directly. The answer is to make it more suited to being a movie, and so that it will fulfill the time requirements. However this often does not work out. Eragon is the perfect example here.

12. xxRhymexx Moogle Assistant

I agree!!!
    :stupid:

13. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Some more movies stills have been posted on IMDB. *clickity* Knowing you guys, you've probably already seen them, but I'll post them anyways. xD

14. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

6 more days till the book comes out. Did you guys pre-order? LOL I did, I pre-ordered it like 4 months ago xDD

15. Tootsie coquí

YEEEEEEEEES <: I am as happy as a 5 year old girl in a candy shop~

I pre-ordered it last week and I can't wait for next Saturday :]

And as for the movie..to be honest,I'm not so excited from what I've seen in the trailers so far xD; oh well,we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

16. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Book stores are having a masquerade Event and I'm so going so I can get the book at midnight!

Same here. I'm not excited for the movie. because they messed it up for me sooo far XD I understand now how my friends were complaining about the HP movies because some parts were cut or weren't excatly right.

17. Sexy Sheva Banned

For one, Stephenie Meyer's gave Robert the first copy of Midnight Sun, which came from Edwards point of view, so he and Bella knows how to act. Only Stephenie Meyer's knows how each character acts, thinks, and does. So like, she'll be there to make sure nothing goes bad :/

don't blame anyone of the movie isn't like the book, if it's how Stephenie Meyer's wants it, that's how we'll get it

18. Asylum Destiny Islands Resident

I really do like the book Twilight but I wouldn't classify it as one of my favorites. Yet, I'm still very excited to the movie a couple days after it comes out (I figure that I won't get a chance to see it as soon as it comes out because of all the raging fans).
    I'm not sure how the movie will do, infact, I'm not so pleased with some of the actors but I can't say I'm not interested. I'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

19. Princess Snow White I feel such an isomniac.

I just started Twilight today and I love it <3333333
    I didn't know it was so thick though ._.

20. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

*hands next two books*
    You've got 5 days before Breaking Dawn. READ. xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.