Twilight Series [General Discussion Thread]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Garxena, Jul 13, 2008.

?

Favorite Twilight Series Book?

1. Twilight

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. New Moon

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  3. Eclipse

20 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. Breaking Dawn

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  5. None of them

33 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. Cartoon Moomba Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh my god, agreed 100%. It's not only now that I can't hear the word 'twilight' or hearing about vampires that my mind flashes to Twilight if just for one second, but now - and I've seen it happen - if people's characters are named Bella... they all go, "Oh, after Twilight?" or if it's a romance vampire story people are all, "This reminds me of Twilight." So. ANNOYING. =/ I admit to being embarassed to have two characters named Bella and Edward in the same story, or write a vampire story... not all people are like this obviously, but so many refer to Twilight in one way or another.

Thankfully, it's beginning to die out...

2. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

My "Friend" (yeah right XD) forced me to read this book.

It was the worst media-releated moment of my life. I love books, but....Twilight...is pure TORTURE. Just..evil.. What is the point of it?

No storyline, no characters, nothing.

The world is out of control. >.<'

3. P Banned

Pick out any other book in the same age-group as Twilight, and there's a good chance it'll be as shallow.

I don't dislike Twilight because it's shallow teen fiction. I dislike Twilight because it's successful shallow teen fiction.

It's funny, because a copy of it got leaked, so the author threw a temper-tantrum and stuck the unfinished copy up on her website, refusing to write any more.

4. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

Conflict between bestiality and necrophilia.

5. P Banned

With a dash of paedophilia. But this sort of discussion is probably not the best to have in a Twilight thread, no?

6. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Back when I use to be into the whole Twilight thing, I tried to read Midnight Sun. I tapped out on the first page. The beginning lines just seemed too out of character for my taste. Meyer should at least know how to keep her characters consistant. Bella's bland, Edward's an abusive boyfriend (although Meyer tries to create cop outs for him to be that way) and Jacob is the most human character in the entire series (although the stuff in Breaking Dawn was just...off). From the beginning, it just didn't sound like the Edward from the other books.

7. Roxas&Sora4E Traverse Town Homebody

The Twilight Series

Twilight was the first book. I loved it. Always kept me coming back!
    New Moon second one. Honestly the movie was way better.
    Eclipse third one. Exhilerating. Cliff hangers!
    Breaking Dawn final one. Just got old... XD

8. Plums Wakanda Forever

*MERGED

With existing Twilight thread

Please be sure to check the List of Book Threads before making a thread, please. c:

EDIT: To contribute to the discussion, I've only ever read the first Twilight novel. To me it wasn't quite satisfying. Sure, Meyers had lots of characterization, but most of it felt needless after the seemingly 100th description of Edward's perfectly chiseled man chest.