Twilight Series [General Discussion Thread]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Garxena, Jul 13, 2008.

?

Favorite Twilight Series Book?

1. Twilight

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  2. New Moon

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  3. Eclipse

20 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. Breaking Dawn

15 vote(s)
    14.4%
  5. None of them

33 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

Breaking Dawn ~ It's finally out.

This is a "from what you've read so far" thread. Or hell if you're like one of my friend's who has read it already, etc.

I'm up to page 136 or something and I got the book last night. I honestly am shocked. We all know they get married and stuff but omg the honey moon. I know I'm excited to read the rest.

:T If you MUST write your spoilers, put it in white text.

2. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

LOL Yeah I know. I actually wished the wedding was more detailed. =/ oh well. I'm on page 590. xDD I won't spoil anything, to people who haven't caught up to the point I am yet. But I will discuss the other parts. <3

3. Shuhbooty moon child

It's well, lets see. Yeah I read it in Book two 'Jacob'. I'm almost finished with Jacob, almost to Bella.

Yeah, heh. Sorry, it talks about it in like the three chapter in Book Two Jacob... I think...

I Agree, she rushed everything to quickly...
    She gets married and then she get pregnant.. way to fast. And then like a few weeks later, then things SPOILER killing her.... D:{END SPOILER]

4. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

I just finished it.. OMG so cute yet good. People were saying how bad of a role model Bella is being in the book. Spoiler You know, being pregnant at 18? XDD Spoiler end.

Over all it was pretty good book. I wished for more action though.
    Spoiler 2 it's from Book 3 Bella's view and like the 32nd chapter I guess. They do kill someone. It's not any of the Cullens. Spoiler end.

They introduced a LOT of characters. >.> It gets a tad confusing. Semi-spoiler? I don't know? xD I have to re-read one of the chapters again but why was Edward made at Bella in the water scene? O_O End of Semi Spoiler xD

5. Shuhbooty moon child

Omgz, it's hard to predict this book...
    [SPOILERS]These are somewhat spoilers...like I thought that bella was going to die giving birth to the fetus... or when Jacob found out that Bella had a baby I thought he was going to go back, tell bella she was gonna get killed if she didn't give up the baby... it's so hard... >.<[END SPOILERS]

The book keeps you on your toes... D:

6. Jayn

I like it so far...Though...

[Spoilers] I was upset when she got pregant, I wasn't expecting it. And then I don't like Jacob's book that much. I think that Bella should have waited...I mean....A lot of stuff irritated me. [/Spoilers]​

7. Shuhbooty moon child

Agreed.

[SPOILERS]If they knew they could reproduce then why didn't Edward just tell her no. She could get pregnant? And then the moment she finds out, boom, she want to keep the baby. And there freaking out because they know whats going to happen... somewhat.
    But Alice can't read the future around Bella and her baby.... and it's somehow connect to Jacob...
    [ENS SPOILERS]

D:

8. Misty gimme kiss

Spoilers for whole book, since I finished it.

START SPOILER.
    First of all, I kind of called all of the stuff that happened in this book. xD I was positive that Bella wouldn't die during child birth, and the moment that Bella found out that she was knocked up, I knew Jake was going to imprint on her. I disliked Renesme's (sp?) name. :l I would always pronounce it the same as resume.

The honeymoon and the whole we-can-do-it-all-night-long thing was a little... ._. But meh.

Bella is an amazing vampire. I thought she'd get arrogant and annoying, like Charlie in Flowers for Algernon (minus the whole defecation on himself afterwards), but she was good. Cool power, too.

I have to say, though, Alice will forever remain my favorite. 732 is the most pwnage packed into one page I've ever seen.

END SPOILER.

Overall, I thought the book was great. Not a let down, like Deathly Hallows.

9. Shuhbooty moon child

*doesn't finish spoiler*

Wow, okay I'm like so impressed..... D:>
    I would ask questions but it's gonna be all like spoilers for meh... and the other people... but I'm only on page like 308... am I to expect anything good... (duh alert)

10. Misty gimme kiss

The book gets boring for a while, shortly after Bella's second part comes. About fifty pages in it's just about them being happy, for, like, 200 pages. But it's still mildly interesting.

11. Shuhbooty moon child

Well, I see that she's been.. uh yeah. But it like, kinda difficult to picture Bella as one. It was difficult thinking about what she looked like before.. Which is weird.. D: I suck at these. xD

12. Atlas Gummi Ship Junkie

I just finished this one, and i really liked it.

Spoilers

I was a bit suprised, only a bit, when jacob imprented on renesmee, because it got me thinking, like, what would their kid be like? And i loved how alice came and saved the day at the end.

End spoilers

I'll probably read it again in a few weeks, just to make sure i didn't miss anything.

13. Flamedancer Twilight Town Denizen

I wasn't too fond of it.

Here's some of what I liked:
    Jacob and Rosalie bothering each other, mainly "You. Got. Food. In. My. Hair."

Bella being a vampire

Renesmee in herself

The fact that Edward was a father

The weddng

Emmett in general

Here's some of what I didn't like:
    The fact that Bella got pregnant when Stephanie Meyer specifically said that vampires COULDN'T reproduce

The fact that they named their daughter RENESMEE CARLIE CULLEN!! Seriously, Edward is from the early 1900's! Couldn't he think of a prettier name to go with Cullen?! Renesmee sounds so ghetto and un-Cullen-ish!

And finally, the fact that Bella and Edward were going at it for about 3/4 of the book. I mean, it's okay on their wedding night (kinda hot to think of Edward skinny-dipping...) but every few pages they were at it! It was like:

Person 1: Hey, what's going on?
    Person 2: Bella and Edward are having sex.

Five minutes later:

Person 1: What's going on now?
    Person 2: They're having more sex

15 minutes later

Person 1: So...
    Person 2: It's the same thing I've been telling you.

Seriously, it got a little awkward.

14. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

DARN YOU, people who pre-ordered it and got it before it sold out. DARN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Asylum Destiny Islands Resident

Well I'm almost done the book (My friend's letting me borrow her's ^^) and all I can say is... I'm not so sure if I'm at my happiest with it ^^'.

16. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

All I can say is:
    SPOILER:

JACOB WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?! YOU ARE A FREAK FOR IMPRINTING ON RENESMEE!

END SPOILER.

I'm only on page 437 right now, but I'm planning to finish soon. My sister and I are flipping back and forth since we only got one copy. But I must say that the release party was a blast! ^^ Oh yeah, and I agree about the anti-Cullen-ness of the baby's name, Flamedancer.

17. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

but it is like how Quil imprinted. Like a big brother. :O

18. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

That's how it is for now. I just think ~spoiler~ it's a bit icky to imprint on your best friends daughter. AWKWARD! ~end spoiler~

19. Noise For Love and Justice

i finished this afternoon...and im REALLY! sad cuz its over

great ending...not spoiling it...but im sad cuz...Stephaine said no more books from Bellas perspective....but she might do one i heard about Bree (the new born from Ecplise) and it will be about the newborns in Eclipes

but thats a rumor

20. Noise For Love and Justice

i loved this book espicaly

SPOILER DAMN IT!

Jake and Nessie are going to be together in the very end of everything, Edward and Bella getting it on...and on.....and on....and on......again
    and the First 7 chapters were amazing Jakes Book was good, Bellas was good...in the middle then great at the end !

chyea