Audio Tummer Covers...

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Scarred Nobody, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I've been wanting to do a music thread like this for a while, but have always felt subconsious about it. It seems like a good place to keep stock of everything. Just about every song will be a cover, and will usually come from entries from KHV Idol or Karaoke Night (yay reboot). Comments and criticisms are always welcome.

Let's get things started! First up: Tummer Covers...Let it Go from Disney's Frozen! (As previously heard on Karaoke Night)

Link

I really liked this song from the second I heard it, well before I saw the film. In the film, the music and visuals work really well to balance each other out. What really gets to me is the lyrics, and what they mean. To me, it was letting go of my past when it came to my medical history. It's scary--it still is--but I know that things are getting better for me.

2. Ghost King's Apprentice

I swear for the longest time I was like who the heck is SPACESHIP.
    <---- A little slow

Anywho, Great job! At least you sing better than me . Yay! Endless Praising!

Okay. Bye.

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Up next is Tummer Covers...The Ladies Who Lunch from Stephen Sondheim's Company!

link

I definitely got some influence from the 2006 revival, where Barbra Walsh performs this piece. It has so many layers and levels that it was difficult to pull off, but it was also just plain fun to do!

Thank you for listening and would love to hear any comments or criticisms.

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Up next is my cover up...Saint Jimmy from American Idiot!

Link

I first heard this song when it was featured in Broadway Idiot; I didn’t grow up on Green Day, but I recognized a lot of the music that was used in the show. This was definitely my favorite song out of all of them simply because it was a piece that allowed you to go crazy and have no limits.

This is also one where I made conscious changes from the material. They’re small, like changing “leader” to “pastor” at the end, but I feel it adds a bit of an impact.

I hope you enjoy!

5. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Now finally something for fun (mostly)! In preparing for the A capella challenge for this coming Karaoke Night, I decided to test out some editing skills a well as what I could do with a song if I didn't have the musical track. What you get is this version of Crossing Field by LiSA (Sword Art Online opening 1), with English lyrics by Amanda Lee.

Link

I make it no secret I’m not a huge fan of Sword Art Online, but I can honestly say that it has some kick ass music. Crossing Field is always a fun song to listen to, but it’s alo fun to pick apart lyrically. So, I slowed the tempo down a tad, trying to keep a much of the rhythm as possible, as well as try a lot of new things.

Please enjoy!

6. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Yay, new cover!

Link

Time for another Tummer Covers! This time, it’s God Knows by Aya Hirano from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya!

This particular cover is a capella, part of the rules for last week’s karaoke night, as well as using the English lyrics from the English dub (sung by Wendee Lee).

It’s a song from one of my favorite anime shows of all time (ranks within the top 5 at least), and I love the English lyrics for it. It’s so mellow, and sad, and while the original version adds an edge to it, I just felt that slowing it down a tiny bit added something.

Please enjoy!

7. Ghost King's Apprentice

I missed karaoke night so this was my first time hearing it but dang. This one really sounds great! Honestly, I've only listened to about two or three of your covers but know I'm going to go back and listen to those too.