Kingdom Hearts II Truths about Demyx

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by water mage, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. water mage Kingdom Keeper

Simply this thread is about anything about Demyx and anything one might discuss about his character, his involvement in the organization, and what his intentions could be.

I've been reading so many critisisims about this member lately that I felt obligated to defend my favorite character with educated facts, well supported opinions in a thought out process like so many members on this forum would defend theirs.

Ok this is the comment I keep hearing about Demyx from many discussions and debates. So many people think that Demyx can't use his powers without the use of his sitar. When he became all serious with Sora, did anyone happen to see his weapon before seeing water spew upwards? I didn't think so. He channels his power within his being and then forms an orb of water that transforms into his beloved sitar that he uses to manipulate water through music. The water clones controled by Demyx could be deadly by themselves for they could easily make someone drown if consumed by the body. It didn't make any sense to me that when the timer was up, Sora just screamed out, froze and supposely died and then you the player had the option to continue or load game with him floating in midair on his back. I mean how did he die? Drowning by the clones consumtion is the only possible outcome that I could think of.

Water is Demyx's element, but music is also part of his soul which controls his range of attacks. The higher the tempo the more destructive the blast is. Not only does he use his sitar to control his element, he also swings it around like a sword and strikes anyone who gets in his way. With that said, Demyx can truly fight if he feels he has no choice to.

Has anyone ever thought of what kind of water his element is? I bet no one has ever thought about that. This one idea came from the topic Larxene's death and there was some mentioning saying what would happen to water if thunder were to strike it. I have done some research since I had some spare time and came up with this.

Pure water is a very poor conductor (it's a pretty good insulator). It's the dissolved salts (ions) that make water conductive. What usually happens when you put some electrodes into salty water and run current through it, is that the negative ions will swim toward the anode while the positive toward the cathode. There the ions acquire/give up electrons and cease to be ions (they precipitate out of the solution, typically right onto the electrodes.) So actually the electricity isn't "traveling" through the water the way electrons flow through a wire; instead the movable/precipitatable ions provide a temporary simulation of a link between the electrodes. As the ions continue to precipitate, the salinity of the water in the local region dwindles and the amount of conducted current becomes less and less.

So this information stated above would apply if Demyx's element was pure water therefore he wouldn't explode or disappear like others would think.

The last thing I wanted to mention about this beloved organization member is that Demyx has two sides and he is not bipolar because if he were he wouldn't remember anything that happened in his other state. The fun loving carefree incompetent side that the other members consider a nuisscane is clearly a farce, a mask if you will to hide his true self; the side that is revealed after he closes his eyes and says the line "Silence traitor." Notice the changes of his character through his voice, his body posture and especially his eyes.

When I first heard Demyx speak before he fought Sora, I was shocked to discover how serious his tone was. I was used to his friendly demeanor and did not expect that change. His stance was more tense when he swung around and pointed at the accused with a emotionless stern tone, but what really made me notice and conclude my speculation of his character having two sides, were his eyes. They had narrowed to slits and seemed to reflect particles of light like that of a vortex or the beginning of a violent storm.

This is only a rumor, but many people tend to think that because of his true self that the other members considerd him a traitor for he had his own intentions amd therefore was shunned as a outcast. If this is true this would explain why he reveals his easy going, side to him so not to be killed.

Who knows? Maybe he considered himself a threat which was why he portrayed himself being weak, absent minded and a clown.Maybe it was all an act so not to deal with the higher ups. There is more to Demyx then meets the eye. Clearly his line "You shouldn't judge anyone by appearances" does have some relevance after all.

*Note* All the information stated are my own opinions that I support with facts from the imported game, manga, and novels. I will check this thread frequently and will add more information as others respond. If there are spoilers I will warn before I state them so not to ruin it for anyone. Please feel free to comment for I would love to hear your input. Only educated opinions please and no negative input about Demyx is allowed for that is considered spam and against the rules of the forum. Thank you

Also for viewing pleasure here is myself cosplayed as him and my sister is Axel.

[​IMG]

2. xXSafaiaShinobiXx Merlin's Housekeeper

I am also a Demyx lover! (Though I don't know if you're a girl or not, no offense)
    You've brought up a lot of good points about Demyx's fighting skills. I was always confused about why Sora would die after the time limit was up. You've really done your research, huh? >D
    Is that pic of Demyx from the manga? I'm trying to find other pics of him online, but I can't find anything.
    I bet that Demyx could seriously kick someone's @$$. He put up a bigger fight than Saix, and that's saying a lot!
    Demyx fans unite! >:3

3. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

I was confused about the whole time limit thing as well. It's about time Demyx got some recognition.

4. Haseo Knight of Light

Demyx does need recognition. He's more tough than some of the other Organization members... We're talking about you, Xemnas.

5. AnimeGirl104 Hollow Bastion Committee

Demyx does deserve recognition. I mean they didn't let him into the organization fo being a wimp. You have to be pretty tough to be in the Organization.

6. Sonic the Hedgehog The Blue dude is back!!

So was I,I never knew that either.I guess that's why you gotta kill em all before time is up.But let's say I'm fighting him,and the time limit is up as I'm doing an attack.I don't die,I lose and then game over,Sora is standin at the continue screen pissed and crap like that.He doesn't die in my idea,just lose,but I don't know why,the time is only up.

7. Exactly. At one point, to test, when my friend came over once more, and brought her PS2 to play KH2 for me, I tested out Demyx's gameplay. The water clones, yes, can cause damage, but by what they do in that situation, they aren't capable of drowning you. They simply attack [only when you are on the hardest level], or otherwise, float and follow you around. And if they do attack, the hits aren't that versatile or invoke great weakness to lower down your bar. In another test, I simply kept running away from the water clones, not touching Sora in way, wasting the time, and yes, is more like losing in that context, but you STILL have to start over. To be truthful, adding the gameplay is very tricky, as it is placed and meant to work for the battles that we, as the players, can fight on. I fully believe that if it wasn't for the time limit, those water clones wouldn't be as hard adversaries without it.

Is in with these terms, that unless we do see something other than in gameplay, with a scene, for a more liable and factual way to truly use the ability, it can go either negative or positive. So, I'm not really going to comment on that as much.

I've also read the novels, more so than the manga [I do not consider it to be canon, to the game. For its own canon universe it created, is fine, but as attaching it to the game, is impossible. Plots and great changes were made that wouldn't tie in, and I'm certain most of those who read them knows what I'm talking about, and thus, it disconnects from the direct series. Mixing them as one is not going to work, many complications will evolve from it], as it deals with the behind the scenes of what happens in the game itself. I definitely don't see this other side of Demyx, a mask, considering that to be able to build that mask, the person himself has to be aware of it. Demyx, in nowhere near his thoughts, reactions, or "emotions", does not show that his personality is in any way, fake, or that he knows his upper hand and utilizes it. In fact, he goes to do so naturally, as if what he remembers to be, and is, when he was a person with a Heart. So, if he could turn this on and off, tough and kind, for his liking, a hint would've been made that he's more darker, or more sinister than meets the eye, more manipulative and conniving, and to me, that's not the case. And facts to me, presents that it isn't. In my opinion, the act with Sora truly bonds with the fact that he DOESN'T like to be weak, or to be seen as wimp. He expresses it in his mind at a point in the novels. These excerpts include:

Does that sound bad to any of you?

With these in hand, as few as they are, is easy to see that Demyx isn't two-faced, and I think that with the pressure Sora was giving him, insulting his abilities, and that he was a "wimp" as well, gave him the leverage to fully just get on with his orders, and do what he was suppose to do because to him, he had no choice [points at his thoughts again in above quote], and prove himself that he can be someone to be wary of to the very person who, and sorry to say, was mean to him in terms of what he is already bothered about, and is aware of. He's insecure, and as I said to someone before, that plays a part in how he doesn't believe that he's capable of more than he limits himself to. Basically, I find the whole "Silence, traitor" more of facade, "mask", and a act, than anything else he did before. Kind of when someone picks on you, instinct will be you wanting to present that you're just as tough as anyone. That scene I think, was to show that he can be strong if he puts his wits into it, not that he was purposely throwing someone off for further goal. That isn't Demyx, and he's just as sweet and pure inside, as he shows out. If he wasn't, I will never feel sorry for him, and will make me think he was deserving of his death.

That's my two cents. The rest, I don't necessarily disagree with, as I never viewed Demyx as such a weak fighter, and from what I've seen in another forum, not many people do. However, this is gameplay, so keep that in mind when putting together thoughts, as, if it wasn't for the Time Limit, killing the clones would be a stroll in the park, and more like a mini-game. Is really up to the person what they want to take in. With me, the abilities that they are capable of, are canon. Just not the way is used in battle [for example, repeating moves, etc.]

8. Firefly Hollow Bastion Committee

If I understood, then I agree with TwilightNight. I don't think Demyx had a sinister dark side, or that his care-free and joyful attitude was mostly fake. He really did seem to be that type of person, as the examples below show. Because of his attitude, I really don't think he should've been in the Organization. He wasn't the naturally aggressive, cruel or scheming type like the Organization seems to be made up of. He was much more of a 'good' person, and if he hadn't joined, I'm sure he wouldn't of caused much trouble where he was. I believe that he wanted a heart so badly, that he was willing to obey the Organization to get one, even if he didn't like their ways.

If high-level nobodys have hearts lost far, far away inside themselves, as I believe they do, then Demyx may have eventually discovered his. The Organization members all wanted hearts badly, but a lot of the time they acted in cruel, 'bad' ways. They acted heartlessly, and I think that's why they had little chance of discovering their own hidden hearts, if I'm right that they had them. Demyx, however, didn't often do anything bad, and I don't ever recall him insult someone. I think he would have discovered his heart, just like Roxas may have done, or Axek may have been beginning to do, if he had not joined the Organization. Of course, that's based on my theory...

While it doesn't matter so much, I'm interested in where the later Organization members come from, and I've put the most thought into Demyx. It sounds too obvious, stereotypical and simple that Demyx may have been a merman in Atlantica. But I really believe he was! In Atlantica water is the prime element, explaining Demyx' affinity with it. Music is highly valued in that underwater world, and Demyx himself loved music. Demyx obviously isn't a powerful physical fighter. I think that could be because, as a merman, he was only used to moving about in water. Even if he fought underwater, he would find fighting on land to be a compeltely different matter, and he wouldn't be skilled at it. Demyx could, of course, come from a different underwater community. Or maybe the human-populated land next to Atlantica. As for the merman part of this, Demyx would most likely be able to change that part of himself. Donald was capable of changing Sora, Goofy and himself into different creatures in Atlantica in the first Kingdom Hearts. The Organization members have magical powers, e.g. teleporting, elemental magic. Surely Demyx would be powerful enough to give himself legs? Anyway, I know this theory sounds obvious etc., but I also find it quite likely.

9. Dredica SNES was the best.

I thought you just had to be like a human-nobody...

But back to topic...I think the time limit just makes the battle harder, there doesn't really have to be anything behind it.

10. LoneWolf Hollow Bastion Committee

Yah, like Sora said he was a wimp, but... Trying to beat him in 15 tries clearly says this guy isn't a bad fighter... I just think he doesn't like to fight and isn't very confident about his fighting style.

11. water mage Kingdom Keeper

J.D.129, no not at the time, but she will get them before the conventions of next year start. They have to be light weight for it will be physically exhausating carrying them all day long.

Thank you for all your views and opinions for they all do support facts and specualate the unknown. The reason why I figured out that Demyx has this "true darker side" is because of the mention and clues of the game's message of nobodies and the heart by Master Yin. Master Yin said to Sora that nobodies don't have hearts threfore can't react from feelings. He also mentioned for him not to be fooled by them for it a ruse.

Sora was playing right into Demyx's game for he was being tricked by his friendly outgoing personaility, but it was his friends mainly Goofy that reminded him of Master Yin's warning that made Sora realize Demyx was deceiving him. Demyx tries one more time trying to bring doubt and confusion to Sora by saying that he and the organization did have hearts and not to be angry about that they do. *Summary of the quote which was actually, "Oh we do to have hearts. Don't be mad."

Donald tells him they can't be tricked and with that said Demyx closes his eyes almost in defeat wishing there was another way by his clear body expression and turns abruptly around, his whole demeanor changing revealing his true colors. For his eyes have changed narrowing to slits when before they never have to my knowledge. That clearly is a huge give away that he was forced to fight and is most likely the reason why he is strong, is in the organization and had hatred for Roxas at the moment commanding the traitor to be silent. Perhaps his somebody was bipolar and had ADD *attention defecit disorder* which could explain Demyx having two sides of one body and one mind, both powerful, dangerous, yet naive and understanding.

12. Scott Pilgrim Banned

The truth is, he was the closest to having a heart. Obviously, Nobodies can't and don't have hearts, therefor, he acted like he had one. He was very good at it too, but Xemnas had to keep reminding him that he has no heart. Do you think it's possible that he was a musician in another world?

13. No problem, I like the topic xD.

The thing is, there's also the fact that Nobodies ALSO remember the way they were when they had Hearts, which is why they have personalities in the first place. They can't feel them strongly, or precisely, but they react and act by them because of their memories. Or else, we'll be having people like Saïx, and even then, he has a personality, only more colder. You cannot take what Yensid said to be that serious, considering that the topic in itself is more complicated than a simple explanation. We know that, and we, as the fandom, have debated and discussed this constantly. If it was a clear, straight cut answer, these conversations would not exist.

Sora followed what others and people said and told him, which is his short sightedness and blindess, yet that doesn't mean they are completely right. Because of Yensid, they believed what they believed, but for Nobodies, it's where the rift starts, and it isn't what it appears to be. As I stated before, I think that Demyx's tough guy persona in the end, was more of act, mask, and facade [definitely not his true colors, he just had to show and prove himself, and in turn, the demeanor changed to that of a tought opponent], than anything else he has ever done: "Kind of when someone picks on you, instinct will be you wanting to present that you're just as tough as anyone. That scene I think, was to show that he can be strong if he puts his wits into it, not that he was purposely throwing someone off for further goal. That isn't Demyx, and he's just as sweet and pure inside, as he shows out." He's cheerful, he's fun, loving, and he's kind, and the purest one among all those members who are calloused and jaded. Even Roxas and Axel were jaded with their own problems and faults.

I honestly don't believe that a video game character has a disorder. Is it not acceptable that he's the way he is, and there's nothing behind it? People are twitchy and eccentric. I see no harm in that. A scene with him and Phil [the goat] in the novel had him all twitchy and eccentric, and there was no negative agenda with doing so: Demyx seems genuine. With Sora, I also concluded with what the novels and the game presented, that he was TRYING to avoid the fight that he knew was on his shoulders, and had to do....by wasting/holding up time. I really do see that he was wasting time and avoided the upcoming confrontation that was ordered as best he could. As he said so himself in the quotes I posted of the novels -- he thought he had no choice. With Xemnas, betrayal is the utmost crime, and the penalty is costly. Xigbar reminds and warns him of this ["You know Superior's orders are absolute,"]. And also that, "fighting Roxas seems no fun at all". To me, he really did seem indecisive in that situation. He didn't want to, and yet, he had no escape. That explains the defeated look. He was pressured, and Sora, and Donald with his big mouth, wasn't helping the situation [yeah, I hold Sora and his pals against that. They were pretty nasty], and so, since they were mocking his weakness, he put up a front [it's more obvious when he loses and is fading]. I see no hatred for Roxas, I never saw any ill-will towards the boy, and I don't think we ever will. He seems to like the blond, and was concerned for both him and Axel [when he defected].

There's also the chance and option that Demyx believes he can have a Heart, which is why he corrected Sora when they proclaimed they didn't. Axel and Naminé questioned it a lot in the novels, and in restrospect, nothing tells otherwise that Demyx can't do the same. Even with Larxene, yes, Larxene, Vexen had to remind her of the same thing. She specifically said in a scene that "people without Hearst truly are worthless", into which Vexen replied with, "You don't have a Heart as well, or have you forgotten?" [don't know the exact quote, but that's basically it], into which she turns her head and scowls. We don't know what Demyx thinks concerning this, as neither the novels, for now, or the game, goes into it, but, I think we can guess a little by his reaction.

14. water mage Kingdom Keeper

To answer your question Sho, his somebody could of been which would explain his musical nature. Remember the nobody is only a shell of their formal self that was turned into a heartless therefore the nobody is entirely a different and another individual that has a body and a spirit with no heart.

It all comes down to a matter of opinion based on what we know, but I feel Demyx at one time was friends with Roxas, but because Roxas betrayed them, Demyx concluded that the thirteenth member was the enemy of the organization and given the orders by Xigbar saying what the superior said was the absoulute final ruling, Demyx had no choice, but to comply otherwise it would of most likely been betrayal and then turned into a dusk or death of some unknown. I believe he did feel like he had a heart, and was very misunderstood by all, but all it came to surival and I'm sure he had his own intentions like every other nobody had. I hope that the newest game 358/2 days does explain more about his character and therefore we all will know the facts of who he truly is and what his true intentions are.

15. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

Yes it is interesting on what kind of water he may have, but either way water is his element and he could use any H2O methods that brings water since he has mastered it. If I had to take a guess of what water type he possess I would say pure water and sea water because it represents life and more clear like crystals are since I have a feeling that Demyx's sitar represents music which is like the soul of the sea.

16. Finale Wannabe Nobody

Demyx rules..i love his phrases...'Like it'

17. water mage Kingdom Keeper

*face palms* Oy clearly some people didn't read the first page when I posted this. Yes we know Demyx is cool and awesome, but I'm looking for some intelligent replys with facts or speculation that makes a lot of sense.

Ok so I thought about what you said fire mage with his water being pure or sea water and it does make a lot of sense. I'm going to add to that with my own creative response that is "out of the box" kind of thinking. I agree with your logic with sea water since the ocean in itself does have a musical rhythum to it by the sound of the waves crashing on the shore and such, but I feel that his water is pure due to various reasons. One reason is that the color of the orb before it bursts. The light reflecting off it and spreading forth the various shades of vibrant blues reminds me of pure energy condensed with no other agents or particles in its liquid state. Ocean water would have particles of sodium, bits of marine life like alge etc.

My other reason has to do with what the water symbolizes which could be part of his soul is pure, but tarnished due to the fact that he does not have a heart, but is willing to act as if he has one like that of a friendly outgoing peron. However his soul is tainted due to being part of the organization and reacting upon negative feelings when he is exposed for being decietful.

18. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

I honestly don't know why and how ANY1 could hate Demyx~ he's awesome.
    I love that part in Olympus Coliseum when he just randomly appears out of nowhere screaming "Run away, Run away!"
    I rofld at that :]

19. BaseSebastian Kingdom Keeper

I actually pwn'd Demyx whenever I fought him. Then again, he's still the hardest Organization member, I must admit. He's the only character in Pop-culture today to have a mullet. What does this tell you? He's eunich...I mean...unique.

The whole science lesson pretty much took the fight out of me. I r now stuped from learning to muh....@_@ I can't even remember what I was going to say! >,<

I imagine Demyx is in fact the one in the group who longs so much for a heart, he even tries to fool himself. "Oh, we do too have hearts. Don't be mad." "You can't fool us!" The reply I think really P'd him off. Demyx comes right before my favorite character, so that pretty much makes him very close to my concious. He didn't deserve to die! In fact, when I beat him, I felt like Donald in KH I.
    You know, right where Sora commits suicide. (That's what I call it xP)"Nooo! Demyx! Come back, Demyx!

I felt bad. It was quite possibly the second-most sentimental moment in my gaming life. The one that actually made me cry, no joke, was when Axel dies. Luxord wasn't my favorite yet, and Axel was my first favorite character in the second game.

I think Demyx's biggest enemies are fangirls. "Let's draw the clown with everyone in the Organization! Sure Axel has those lines that pretty much said he loves Roxas, but Demyx just looks Gay!" Truth betold, I have a defense for both of them. Demyx is much like pretty much every funny Disney Character. He just has that care-free attitude. And Axel is much like a big brother to Roxas, not a butt buddy. A nobody hungers for a heart of their own, and Demyx and Axel deserve them most of all, because they want it more.

Nomura has stated we have not seen the last of Organization XIII. Expect Demyx's mad-hard heartless in a sequel. Then who knows, we may see original him yet. Maybe he'd have Billy Ray Cyrus's current cut. Then the two could sing "I want my mullet back". xDD

20. water mage Kingdom Keeper

Demyx and Axel seem to be the ones that related to their feelings the most and were the ones that did seem to care about Roxas. I feel before Roxas betrayed the organization that there were some friendships between the three. Why else would Demyx even think about showing concern for Roxas when he faced off with Sora the first time and wanted him to come back?There is some unknown mystery that Demyx had played a role in Roxas's life and hopefully that will be revealed when the new game 358/2days comes out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.