Truth or Dare

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Lauriam, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Alright, we used to have a lot of fun with these, so let's try to give it another go.

There has to be a bit of structure, of course, or it will be confusing as all get out, and nobody will know who's giving the dares and who's asking for them. So, when offering a Truth or Dare, it's pretty straightforward: Just say 'Truth or Dare?' or even 'ToD?' or pretty much any variation thereupon. If you offer a Truth or Dare, you must follow through on giving one to the first responder.

When taking someone's Truth or Dare, Quote the post of the darer, asking for your truth or dare. After they've responded and you complete your truth or dare, you must offer a truth or dare to whoever wants one next. That way, the game can keep going, and everyone gets a chance to play, instead of one person constantly giving out truths and dares and not getting an opportunity to take a truth or dare themselves.

If more than one person quotes a post asking for a truth or dare, Only the first responder can be guaranteed a ToD. If the darer decides to give all responders a truth or dare, they're certainly welcome to, but if not, it's first come first serve.

As for the content of the truths or dares, No asking for personal information, no asking for inappropriate photos/videos, no purposefully asking for someone to say/do something you know is a sensitive subject for them just to be a jerk. This is just for fun; if someone asks for a truth and you know just what to ask to make them mad, don't. You can go for embarrassing, humiliating, frustrating, pretty much anything, but please, don't stir up trouble and start fights.

Likewise, be a good sport. This is meant to be an embarrassing, humiliating, frustrating past-time. Know what you're getting into before you request a ToD; if you can't handle the shame, don't ask for it. And if somebody does give you a ToD that strikes a nerve, you can politely state that you'd like them to give you a new one, but that's their prerogative, please don't turn it into an attack.

Good excuses for refusing a ToD:
    It goes against your religious beliefs.
    It goes too far, in your opinion, and crosses the line between harmless fun and inappropriate content.
    It is physically impossible for you to accomplish. (i.e., you're dared to post a video of yourself performing a song, and you actually don't have even a web-cam, and have no way to do so.)

Bad excuses for refusing a ToD:
    You don't like the ToD. (It doesn't matter whether or not you like it, you must perform it.)
    It's more embarrassing than you expected it to be. (Don't want to embarrassed? Don't play this game.)

Wow, I am long-winded. I totes did not mean to post such a stinkin' long rules thread. XD Anyway, I'll get us started off by offering not one, not two, but THREE ToD's to whoever responds to them.

#1 Truth or dare?

#2 Truth or dare?

#3 Truth or dare?

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Truth!

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Describe one of your most recent nightmares. XD

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I can't recall any recent nightmares, but I had a recurring one as a kid where there was an earthquake and the ground in my backyard started to fall, as if it were a thin layer over an enormous pit, and I would be left clinging for dear life to the edge of the patio.

Truth or dare?

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Woah, that's frightening! O.O

Truth! :)

6. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I'll bite.

Truth

7. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

You must spend the rest of your life mostly in isolation, but you may choose one person with whom you can keep in contact. They'll visit you sometimes, and you can text and email them whenever you want to. Who is it? (If this person is someone you know irl, you obviously don't have to tell us their name, only their relationship to you.)

8. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

It would have to be my cousin, Raphael. He's someone I can easily joke around with and we often find the most random things to talk about.

Truth or dare?

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Who are five of your favorite (non-INVSP) KHV members? >:3c

10. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

lol, seeing as how I've been gone for so long and now I don't know very many people who are still here, non-INVSP as a qualifier really narrows things down. XD

Let's see, this is in no particular order, I'll just name them as I think of them. Amaury, for one. He's really nice and friendly and he always makes a point of letting me know what important stuff's been happening while I'm away, whenever I stop by for a visit. Arch, for another. He's a talented musician and a good friend, though somehow along the line we stopped talking as much... Well, now that I'm back, I'll have to try to get reacquainted. :) Um... Man, a lot of the people I was friends with are either INVSP or gone. XD Oh! Tummer! He's a pretty good friend, and he's a good writer. I enjoy talking to him when I do. :) Let's see, two more... Well there's... Nope, INVSP. Oh, and then there's... Nope, he left a bit after I did. XD There are lots of KHV members I like that are still around, I'm just not sure I'm remembering. XD You know, I like Calxiyn pretty well, although I only talked to her a few times in the Mafia threads. She was really nice and sweet. :) Aaaaaaaaand, number five, um... Cat, I guess. Yeah. I enjoy seeing Cat's posts, she usually has some good things to say. Though, Cat was a member of the INVSP for like, two weeks when the thread first started. But I'm not gonna count that. XD

So there you go!

I still have a 'ToD' floating around from Post #1, I'll just repeat that here and close that one out to avoid confusion.

Truth or Dare?

11. Path Light Merlin's Housekeeper

Dare

12. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

My truth or dare is still out there.

Plz love me

13. Path Light Merlin's Housekeeper

Okay then. *Hugs you very tightly*

14. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Truth

15. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

If you could design a light saber not seen in the Star Wars canon, what would it look like (including color)?

16. Hiro ✩ Guardian

PINK LIGHTSABER NUNCHUCKS

Truth or dare?

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Hmmm... I dare you to record yourself singing the song of your choice and post the video/audio file here.

18. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I'll take a truth, please

19. Hiro ✩ Guardian

What is your one true desire in life for KHV?

20. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Not quite sure I get the wording.,.

But I would have to say just to have a good number of actual friends on here. Like being close with people who actually known my personality and not just my screen name, if that makes any sense.

Truth or dare?