Community Trick or Treat! It's the Unchained Costume Spooktacular!

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by . : tale_wind, Oct 22, 2016.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

spook.png

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

jack pixelly.png

Haha! Welcome to Halloween Town, friends! I'm so glad you could all make it! Oh, I've just had an awful time trying to think of new ways to liven up Halloween around here. Halloween is so amazing, you see, but how can we make people see that when it's always the same every year? It needs something new, something fresh! But, how to do that without compromising what makes Halloween Halloween? But then, it hit me! What's the thing that humans love most about Halloween?

oogie final.png

Free candy?

sally final.jpg

Pumpkin-flavored drinks?​

jack pixelly.png

...W-what's the thing that humans love the most about Halloween after those?

zero final.png

Arf arf!​

jack pixelly.png

That's absolutely right, Zero! Dressing up in costumes! Now, when I heard that that was something that Keyblade wielders were very fond of, I knew exactly what to do! I had a little word with your "admins" here, and they allowed me to bring you all here to Halloween Town for a dress-up contest! I call it...the Unchained Halloween Spooktacular!

We're going to have five categories for entry: Coolest Costume, Silliest Costume, Cutest Costume, Scariest Costume, and Strangest Costume! Dress up your avatar in Unchained x for whichever category you want to enter, take a screenshot, and post the picture in the respective thread! Oh, but don't try passing off a costume set as your entry; we know what those look like! You have to put in your own effort and creativity! You can enter only once in each category, but you can enter as many categories as you want! You'll have from today until 11:59pm Pacific Time on October 29 to submit your costumes! And on Halloween itself, October 31, the winners will be announced!

Site members as a whole will be able to select their own winners by casting votes with Post Ratings! You can use a Like to give an entry one point, or a Creative to give an entry two points! Your votes are limited, however; you can only cast one Creative and two Like votes in each category! While this goes on, we've rounded up five judges who will judge your entries as staff selections! Say hello, everyone!

sally final.jpg

Hello! I hope you enjoy this contest!

zero final.png

Arf!

oogie final.png

Heheheheh... Ready to have some fun?

sora final.png

Hi there! Nice to meetcha!

marnie.jpg

...This isn't Halloweentown.​

jack pixelly.png

On the contrary, madam! This is indeed Halloween Town!

marnie.jpg

Uh...okay... Well, I guess as long as I'm here, I'm happy to help! I mean, I do love Halloween.​

jack pixelly.png

That's the spirit!

Some of our judges may also be submitting some costumes, but they'll only be eligible for Member Selection, to keep things fair. The top Judge and Member Selections in each category will win a delightful new Pin for their efforts! I think it's rather handsome, don't you?

[​IMG]

Yes, this wonderful piece of memorabilia can be yours, good friends! That is, if your costumes are up to snuff...

Remember, entries are open until 11:59pm on October 29! Put together the most amazing, astounding, artful outfits you can and submit them here! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by . : tale_wind, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Amaury
      Amaury
      First image is broken.
    2. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      Better?
    3. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      One quick question, I read that you couldn't use existing costume sets, does that mean you can't use any single piece from those sets? Or you can't have the entire set on?
    4. . : tale_wind
      You can't use an entire set for one costume, e.g.you can't just go to Sets and select Halloween Sora and submit that. (An entire set with just one item switched out would be frowned upon, too.)
    5. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      Ah, okay. Would a mix and match be alright? Like a different piece from each set?
    6. . : tale_wind
      Of course! How else would you make a costume? :b
    7. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      Lol, just making sure. Thanks!
    8. Mixt
      Mixt
      Just a heads up, on Android the power+home method of a screen capture is a bit dated since most phones don't have a physical home button anymore. Most use power+volume down.

I for one have a bare minimum for outfit pieces, so I pretty much need to sit this out. But I look forward to other people's submissions.
    9. cstar
      cstar
      Another option is to use "quick memo" if the android phone has it. It's what I use since power+volume down has a chance of the volume bar showing up in front of the picture I just screencapped.
    10. . : tale_wind
      Today's the last day to enter! Submissions close at 11:59pm Pacific Time!