Support Solved Transferring Photos from Cell Phone to Computer

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

He's got a point. Cell Phones were an invaluable means of communication before they became the luxury they are today. Tbh, I prefer flip phones in terms of easy communication. My touchscreen says I press buttons that I don't when texting and tries to tell me what I'm trying to say when I know what I'm saying. T9 Word on a flip phone made life so much easier but coin dozer in the waiting office is pretty fun.

~Nights

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Thank you, @Karuta (?), for unlocking this?

@Mixt, so I got a charger and sync cable at Fred Meyer during grocery shopping last night, but only the charging aspect of it is working. When we asked about it about a week ago, we were told there's a prompt that comes up like when you put in a flash drive--I disabled that on my computer and I just go to Computer to open my flash drive that way, but nothing appears for the phone.

Something like this is what I got my not as long.

3. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Best I can think is many phones need to be put into a USB mode. The phone should pop up a notification when it detects being plugged in and ask if you want to use it.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

No notification popup on my phone.

5. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Try looking through your settings and see if you can find the option. Sometimes it has to be set manually. If that's not the case then perhaps the cable is charge only. If you can find a laptop or a computer with bluetooth you could go that route.

-Nights

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

What would the setting be called?

7. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

It should be, well a lot of things 'should be', under USB Mode. Just look around and see if you can find anything about charging, data, etc.

EDIT: Another option, I can't remember if this was covered, would be to use a microSD card to transfer. You should be able to find one pretty cheap at Walmart. If your computer isn't microSD/SD compatible, you can also pick up an SD to USB converter at Best Buy. I'm not sure if Walmart would have a converter but Amazon/eBay would most definitely have one.

-Nights

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Okay, so:
    • It doesn't detect my smartphone at all.
    • It detects my mom's old flip phone and is successful with the USB connection, but it can't find the other three (or is it four?) drivers.
    • It detects my mom's new flip phone that she just got perfectly.

The last one was tried on my mom's computer, but I also tried my smartphone on my mom's computer, and the same problem: it doesn't detect it.

Here's a photo of the cable I got, wasting minutes on my smartphone sending it via email. :)

P051815_1911.jpg

The three pictures above I did not take.

@Misty, @Mixt, @Nights™

9. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

@Amaury

So, it appears I wasn't completely wrong about needing a microSD card. Apparently, for whatever reason, when they made your model they decided that accessing the phone's internal memory should be impossible. You'll need to buy a microSD card, place it in your phone (your model accepts a maximum of 4GB but no more), move all your pictures to external memory (ie your SD card), and then transfer them with a data cable. Once an SD card is inserted into your phone, it should connect to your PC. In this way you can transfer music, apps (I think), images, etc to your phone or from your phone to your PC ... there's just a few extra steps involved.

-Nights

10. Amaury Legendary Hero