Support Solved Transferring Photos from Cell Phone to Computer

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Yeah, you can connect your phone to your computer that way.
    If it doesn't, get the imgur app. Go to the picture you want to upload, tap share and choose imgur. If you have a lot to upload, go to the imgur app and choose the upload option. Then, you should be able to tap on multiple images at once to upload.

2. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I think the issue is that the phone he's trying to retrieve them from couldn't get apps. He posted a link to what phone it was earlier on in the thread.

3. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Oh, I forgot about that one. Woops!
    Well, I think you can go to image websites directly from the phone if it has wifi. Imgur or Majhost should work.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Your phone does charge with USB-micro, so if you can find a USB to USB-micro cable then you can connect it to your computer. That is a very common cable since that is what almost any phone other than iPhone uses for charging and data now. Once connected I would be surprised if you can't use that to transfer files.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Like this? Would this work?

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-USB-Cable-Micro-Meters/dp/B003ES5ZSW/

7. Mixt The dude that does the thing

That is the one. Though like I said, insanely common cable. I wouldn't bother getting one online where you need to pay shipping and wait. Go to Target, Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart, just about anywhere even loosely associated with electronics.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

The only place that has electronics here is Fred Meyer, and I haven't seen any, so we may need to go Yakima or Wenatchee for that, but yeah.

Now, when I do get it, how does it work? Do you just plug in and something pops up like when you put a CD in? Do you go to My Computer like you would when accessing your external hard drive?

Edit: There is a computer store / repair shop, but I don't know if they have any.

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Hard to say since it isn't a common phone. Ideally when you plug it in the driver stored on the phone will install automatically and then you should see your phone come up like you plugged in a flash drive. Sometimes you need software to make it work and I would hope your phone would pop up a message saying what you need to do at that point.

10. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

You can find the micro-USB cables in Dollar Stores and even in most gas stations. You don't need to visit an electronic store to get one. As Mixt stated, they are extremely common as they are universal for most modern devices. However, I am unclear as to what type of charger your phone uses. If the phone came with a cable that connects to a usb socket dock, if you can unplug the cable from the adapter piece on the end, then you could just use it.

~Nights

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's just a charger.

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Alright, they attached the adapter to the end of the cable (I hate it when they do that). So you will need to get one elsewhere. It won't be the end of the world to get one online but you should be able to get one nearby easy.

13. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I hate that too. All modern phones should come with a data cable and not just the charger. One of the many reasons I detest Tracfone.

Okay, I just checked out the specs in depth. I have a solution that will actually benefit you. Go to Walmart and purchase a 2-4 GB microSD card. The phone has a microSD card slot. When you purchase the card it will come with an adapter for regular SD card slots. Your computer should have an SD port that will allow you to transfer data between the phone and the computer. If that doesn't work, I recommend trying a cable from a gas station / convenience store.

~Nights

14. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I saw that too but 1) I'm not 100% sure he has a card reader. 2) The cable is generally easier to find and cheaper. 3) It adds the extra step of moving files in the phone to the SD card, and since it is an OS I've never used I can't really explain how to do that. Might be laughably easy or literally impossible and I have no way to say for sure.

15. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Agreed but if the cable method doesn't work out, some phones won't connect to a computer, then the microSD is a viable solution. While pricey, it will allow you to transfer data and even adds more space on your mobile device. I believe I use a 16GB and I have so many wallpapers/songs/ringtones/etc with no worries of running out anytime soon.

~Nights

16. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Oh for sure. I've got a 64GB in mine. Just saying that for the problem at hand that would make a better plan B

17. Amaury Legendary Hero

This, yeah. I don't take too many photos, and I've deleted the ones I got on my computer via email.

18. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Alright, so try and pick up a micro USB data cable at a convenience store nearby and we'll go from there. There might be additional drivers you have to download from the manufacturer when you connect it. Let us know when you do and if you need anymore assistance ^^

~Nights

19. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

20. Amaury Legendary Hero

What? It works just fine for what I need a cell phone for: calling/talking and texting.