Support Solved Transferring Photos from Cell Phone to Computer

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Amaury, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

My mom recently got a flip cell phone a few weeks ago for herself because she didn't really like the smartphone she had and gave me the smartphone.

I'm still using my flip phone because I'm waiting for her to call and see if it's possible to transfer my number over to the smartphone (different phone companies) because she read you could do that.

Anyway, long story short, the smartphone can take pictures. How do I would get them on my computer?

2. Misty gimme kiss

There's a lot of ways to transfer photos from your phone to your computer. Depending on the phone, it probably has its own software that you can set up to transfer the files over a USB cord. Some phones have apps that will automatically upload your pictures to sites like Facebook or Dropbox. Worst comes to worst, you could always just send them in picture messages to your email account (send a text with the recipient as your email). Probably the easiest way would probably be to just get a micro SD card for the phone and store everything on there, then just use your computer's card reader (if it has one).

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

The downside to texting them is that it deducts minutes (it's a prepay like we've always done).

Here's some information, which will probably help:
    • Company: TracFone Wireless, Inc.
    • Model: LG
    • Model Number: LG800GHL
    • S/W Version: V10e
    • H/W Version: Rev1.0

4. Misty gimme kiss

Pretty much any phone you get these days, especially a smartphone, will have a USB and micro SD card option. Those are what you should do, texting is a last resort.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Which can probably be purchased from the store that sells the phone, I'm assuming. In our case, we got it at Fred Meyer.

6. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

Does your fliphone have wireless? That's the only way to share photos is through wireless connection since you'll need the Internet. Or USB like what Misty said.

7. Llave Superless Moderator

Your case may be a USB connection, and sometimes your charger can be a dual connector cable. (Much like mine.)

I think you got the answers you need above but I regress.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

So I think the plugin where I plug the cable to charge my phone also works as a USB port.

What does what I need look like? I can get it on Amazon.

9. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

If it' an android phone, you have to do something super special to get pictures from it onto your computer without the use of an SD card.

>Go to settings
    >Scroll and see if you can spot "Developer Options"
    >If you can't, click the option labeled "applications"
    >Here you should see "Developer Options"
    >Press that
    >Once in developer options, turn on "USB Debugging" and "Stay Awake"
    >Plug usb charging cord into computer and into phone

Your phone can now connect to your computer and transfer files willynilly. It'll even show up where flashdrives normally do in Windows Explorer. You may also have to change the USB mode to Media transfer or some variation on that, but otherwise you're good to go.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

This is what I have.

11. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

That's not really a smart phone... I mean.. I guess it does similar functions... but it's more like a mock smartphone.

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

13. Amaury Legendary Hero

Obviously I ordered the Amazon things that night, but I still want to do this and am still looking for advice.

Anyone?

14. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Good luck.

I know this is too late as you've already purchased the wire but incase that doesn't work, the other method you could of transferred them is through bluetooth, either straight to your computer (though you may need a bluetooth dongle) or to a smartphone which can transfer them though stuff like dropbox/facebook/email.

15. Amaury Legendary Hero

I haven't purchased anything in regard to my phone, actually. I was talking about other things.

16. Midnight Star Master of Physics

In that case, you could try using bluetooth to transfer your photos from your old phone to your new phone, I think they both should have it. It should be easier to transfer them from your new phone to your computer.

17. Amaury Legendary Hero

No, no, LOL! I need something to transfer photos from my phone to my computer. The only way I can do it now is by emailing them, but that deducts from my minutes, and there are some that won't send because they're too big.

18. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I'm aware but I was simply trying to think of a way you could transfer them without having to buy anything. I don't know how to transfer them with a USB but I think you should be able to do it through bluetooth (which costs nothing). You could check to see if your laptop has bluetooth already on it in which case you can use that to transfer them, otherwise you'd could get a bluetooth dongle to transfer them to your computer. HOWEVER if you have access to a smartphone, you could simply bluetooth them to it then use an app like dropbox to get them to your computer, no need to buy anything.

19. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

It actually looks like you're just shy of wifi capability, which really sucks. I was going to suggest the photobucket app to transfer. Typically, smartphones come with usb charging cables that double as a connection to your pc. I am afraid to say it but there are very few means for you to transfer files with this type of phone. You could use @Midnight Star's idea for bluetoothing the images. I don't think any option you have available to you in regards to this hasn't been posted already in this thread. If anything you could call tracfone and ask them ... good luck getting help from them though. Hope you figure it out!

~Nights

20. Amaury Legendary Hero

Since my charger likely doubles as a USB connection, couldn't I just use a USB cable to connect my phone to my computer?

@Misty, I know you also know about this stuff. Would the above work? If so, what kind of cable would I need? If not, what would I need?