TAotM Voting Traditional art of the Month #7- Digital

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 7
    [voting thread; votes due March 17th, 2013]
    Digital
    Well, we had traditional art, now your piece can be anything as long as it's completed digitally and within the guidelines. You can draw it by hand and scan it in to go over but the finished product must be digitally produced.
    ~Animations are allowed
    Happy drawing!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.
    Cherry Berry
    [​IMG]
    Chie Satonaka
    [​IMG]
    Dinny
    [​IMG]
    Jiku Neon
    [​IMG]
    T A F F Y シ
    [​IMG]

2. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Taffy - Pretty much the most success per difficulty out of any piece this time around. You probably could have done more with the character design but the product is a clean and the coloring is solid. No complaints. Primary critique is that it's a bust shot and it ends kind of awkwardly with those tatters like she just got caught in a shredder. Fade out would have been a little more appropriate, imo.

Chie Satonaka - You did well on what you did do, but the colors are really flat. Adding more shading to the clothes and skin would have created richer texture and tone would have helped the piece overall.

Cherry Berry - I personally like the way this one looks the best but it's not as technically difficult to execute as any of the other entries I was grading. Best outcome, least difficulty, can't really justify putting you up top with that.

3. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

AWAWAWAWA~~~~ I DON'T KNOW WHICH TO CHOOOSE!!!

Taffy -Uwoooah! Sooo colourful!! I really like your style and the way you do the highlights. The highlights stand out very well. For the tattered places, maybe add extra sections, making it look more like a fade out instead of an abrupt cut off. (It's kind of hard to explain... Message me for a more detailed explanation...)

Cherry Berry - KAWAIII~~~~ love this so much, not just because yosuke's in it! A really kawaii style~! Maybe you could have used a different texture, for example the watercolour paper, or use a brush that looks like a crayon, because to me, the texture doesn't really match the mood.... Meh, that's what i think.

Jiku Neon - Soooooo cool~~~~!!! You captured movement very well. Maybe you could have used another colour? Since KHV is really dark and it's hard to see. Other than that, it's really good!!

4. T A F F Y シ Hollow Bastion Committee

Chie Satonaka - Really enjoy the fact that I am not the only one who watches this show. Lovely! The colors used here are great. It's a neat coloring, also you stuck close to the character color script. I really love this how you added the blush to their cheeks, just like how the artist would have done it. Probably a bit to much on their lips and noses also maybe add in their pupils with the sparkle, not that it looks bad without it but it would stick to the characters model sheet.
    Cherry Berry - THIS IS ADORABLE! The colors used here is great for the atmosphere ;] The texture could be different, like for example this [Link]. I really love the way you drew Yosuke Hanamura, so fluffy. Overall, this is a really cute piece!​
    Jiku Neon - Animation, now this is my field of study! I really love the line quality drawn here, gives the character great sense of volume. Also I like how you included the hair and hoodie flap or what they call it in animation, flag wave (not many people remember to put those precious details). It does look like she is running, you have achieved that. I would look at the arm infront of us that is moving to quickly to the right, maybe redraw one frame with that arm positioned slightly in the middle. Overall, this is a great piece of animation.

5. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

T A F F Y - I always always always have adored your work and this does not disappoint! This is very well done - I love the smoothness of your lines and how the colours, though a little crazy, are still complimenting each other. Plus the way you coloured this is kind of cartoon-ish which such solid colours but it all just comes together so well ahhh loveliness!

Chie Satonaka - GORGEOUS. The detail on this thing is incredibly and I love love love love your style of colouring! I feel like I could see this in an anime magazine or something. It's just so well done! Just try working on some shading a little more - like on the clothes since there are a lot of fold but it looks a little flat. Still, beautiful piece!! The lines are crazy fantastic.

Jiku Neon - The animation is so smooth it's crazy. I wish I could do some nice animation things and make things that are really super cool - just like this baby right here. I love how it's really simple too but makes a great impact. This must have taken quite some frames though! Fantastic job!!

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Good entries this month! I love your guys creativity <333

Anyway, the winner is Taffy! Well done, you get your piece on our Wall of Fame! So congratulations and well done to everyone else who entered! I couldn't do it without to guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.