TAotM Voting Traditional art of the Month #5- Traditional art

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Nov 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 5
    [voting thread; votes due November 27th, 2012]
    Traditional art
    You can submit anything this month as long as what you have produced was done traditionally. By this I mean drawn by hand, coloured/shaded by hand, no digital means at all.
    ~Animations are NOT allowed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
    If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.​
    The Hero of time
    [​IMG]
    Neku_Sakuraba
    [​IMG]
    Jiku Neon
    [​IMG]
    Chie Satonaka
    [​IMG]
    Quorra
    [​IMG]

2. Neku_Sakuraba Gummi Ship Junkie

Can you please fix this image before I vote? I want to see everyone so it's fair.

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Sorry, it was working fine for me so I didn't notice. Does it work now?

4. Neku_Sakuraba Gummi Ship Junkie

3. Jiku Neon: It looks great, but the hair and heads look a bit weird.
    2. Chie Satonaka: Also looks fantasic, but I think the pink hair blends in too much with the pink coat.
    1. The Hero of Time: PERFECT! Especially liked the little joke you put up.

5. Chie Satonaka Twilight Town Denizen

3 - Neku (toon link so cute~~ maybe ink it next time, so it stands out better)
    2 - Jiku Neon (this is an amazing sketch!! try to make the lines more clean though...)
    1 - Quorra (fklasdjfl; WHOA t-this is... AWESOME!! the hands, proportion and balance are well done!! keep it up~~!)

6. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

1) Llave: As usual, you prove yourself head and maybe a bit of your neck above anyone else competing. From a composition standpoint it's dull and has no common thread pulling it all together as a piece, it just looks like four separate pictures stuck next to each other. From a design standpoint I always am a bit at odds with your pieces. You clearly put thought in and some of the characters looks relatively nice but there's a lot that I don't think needs to be there or needs more developing. I really like that you're not afraid to make unattractive characters though. From a technical standpoint you're on point as always. You probably would have done well to do a little more refining and editing on the second from the left though. I'd give more compliments, but I'm sure you're going to get enough of those as it is. Stay hungry, go for the gold and all that.

2) Chie Satonaka: It's a nice little piece with excellent use of color, but it's got a ways to go is how I'd put it. The whole thing seems awful stiff and the proportions on the head and hand aren't quite right. It's also flat (not sure if intentional.) Either way, you seem like you know what you're doing already so anything I have to say would be more of a rehash of things you already know. As far as design goes, I'm really not a fan of that shoujo male lead look so I'm gonna leave it at that.

3) Hero of Time: You seem to have tried.

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

3- Neku: I love Toon Link, especially how cartoony and adorable you made him. Ink it next time and it'll look better and a bit cleaner.
    2- RvR: Nice choice of color
    1- Llave: hyfhgfzsghdc I like it! it's all so carefully and perfectly drawn!

8. Llave Superless Moderator

Chie Satonaka
    Good amount of inking and coloring. I like how you didn't color in the skin, makes it more pop-art like.

Hero of Time
    Simply Smmmashing. Fun cartoon take on 11, I love the coloring and the quote....SO TRUE.

Jiku Neon
    Nice concept and chilled back drawing, very cute.
    Don't be afraid to treat your art more than a doodle.

9. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Thank you to everyone who took part! A briiliant turn out, this month's winner is Chie Satonaka! Congratulations! You can request the pin from Chev (I'm not too understanding of the whole new pin system yet).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.