TAotM Discussion Traditional art of the Month #3- OC

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 3
    [discussion thread; entries due June 19th, 2012]
    ORIGINAL CHARACTER

For the people who like to draw their own characters, this is for you. OC basically means a character you have created and you can present them however you like.

~Animations ARE allowed

Happy drawing!

2. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Hi, um.
    I was just wondering if we could still participate in this?

Because the end date of entries is May 15, which is past, but there are no entries yet.
    And I was just wondering with the given situation, how will this be going about?

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Yes of course. I've been meannig to make a post but I've been quite busy xD Yes, I was going to extend the date but if no love was shown for this topic then I would change it but that is fine :D

NEW ENTRY DATE: JUNE 19TH

4. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

Oh!! sorry for asking! I feel demanding now D: lol
    but WHOO!! Thanks so much Enzy/Hamlet <3

And just putting it out there, if others are willing to participate in this topic - I am too~
    lol I love my OCs abububbubbu

5. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Oh no, it's absolutely fine- you reminded me xD

I may take a stab at this one if I get the time :D I would love to see others too.

6. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

Will this be your entry in the contest? If so I can move it to the entries thread for you, or you can put it there yourself or add another entry (;

Also I love how you've put a lot of thought into the character.

7. The Twin My, what a strange duet

Yes, it would. And thank you, he's my baby. -snuggles him-

8. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

Entry moved to the entries thread ;)

9. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Oh cool, I'll get an entry in :) I didn't know there was another traditional art of the month thread

10. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I was too busy to get anything out by the first deadline because of exams but I'm really glad there is a second chance for me in the form of this extension as I pretty much do nothing but character drawing. Biggest problem is that I can't really decide whether to go with my most recent obsession or an earlier and slightly nicer looking design. Current safety saves below.

Juliet Casey- A main character from an old dead project, only just recently given a physical form for a newer one
    http://i.imgur.com/2t55x.png
    Details/Notes: She's probably going to be wearing a bullet proof vest in the final version or at least a bandolier and that is a Double Eagle. I'll definitely be playing with the angles a bit. Depending on detail level in this image I might forego color and make it a short animation showing better what's happening on the opposite side of the wall.

Tabitha Jung-PC from Mahou Shoujo GURPS
    http://i.imgur.com/XIf7J.png
    Details/Notes: Still missing the potentially badass robot leg and a few frills like color and shadows. Rather than doing a full scene with bg and everything I decided to have her normal shoujo form next to her and have her character sheet between them or something.

I guess this thread is here for discussing the topic more than helping out with technical issues but I figured I might as well throw this out there in case anyone was bored enough to indulge me.

11. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is it required to put back stories on the characters? I see some are doing it but I am not sure.

12. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

It is not obligutory but it would be nice to hear about the background to your character- otherwise it is just a drawing of a person. At the least a name would be great.

The robotic leg intrigues me xD but I would say the first one seems quite interesting as she is doing something. Ultimately it's your choice but I am more drawn to the older project as she just has more gonig on and I can tell from it that she enjoys action etc. But I like them both so far.

13. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I like how the first one is put together. It gives the whole image more character rather than just the character herself. However, I love mechahumans and so I am equally as interested in the second one.

14. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Still kinda on the fence about my subject matter but I figure I've got time to decide so here's the progress I've made on Juliet. FYI she's the current obsession, mahou shoujo GURPS was a campaign a few months back that kinda failed to launch and I've not had the chance to use Tabitha for anything.

Current Safety Save:
    http://i.imgur.com/0zufQ.png
    Concerns: I need to shade. Deciding whether I want to clean up the lines or not. Soften background lines and integrate it more with the color layer? Comments/Anything else?

Also, asking now if I can have multiple canvases in one entry like a multiple page comic. Can I do that?

15. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Yes, you can do a comic strip but as long as it is only one piece altogether.

You could soften the background a bit but I really like the effect you have on the wall. If you soften it then the focus will be more on the character which is better and you don't want the explosion being too over powering. I really like it so far, kep it up!

16. Llave Superless Moderator

Oh thank goodness this is extended. I was meaning to enter on time until my hiatus got in the way. ;;

17. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

http://i.imgur.com/WwwOb.png

Current safety save. Working with sub images in layers beneath as a way to present multiple moments in time rather than animation or pages. I'm not sure about it, should I continue with this idea?

18. Luminey Twilight Town Denizen

@Harley Quinn

Ok everyone let's all just go home /cries

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.