TAotM Voting Traditional art of the Month #2- Love

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Ienzo, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

[​IMG]
    no. 2
    [voting thread; entries due April 14th, 2012]
    LOVE

Suggested by the lovely Midnight Star!This topic is subjective meaning you can interpret it how you want however, you must also give a reason for your piece and how it relates to the theme of 'love'. For example, it could be something you love or it could signify the concept of love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.

Jiku Neon
    [​IMG]

Two characters no one here is familiar with. You can call them Mohs(guy) and GM(girl). This is basically how I picture the scene where they first kind of get it together, stop fighting and start admitting they like each other... in an overdramatic way, I guess. It's sorta melancholic because people have pasts(sad pasts(it's good storytelling(sometimes(not this time)))) and all that nonsensical stuff, but it's the image where the otp of the series they're from is born so I figured that it'd work for the love theme.

Dinny Grayson
    [​IMG]

So like I think the term love is so subjective and so general and so powerful that it confuses me and honestly, in a word or single term I don't know what love is so this popped into my head. Love is subjective and our perspective for love changes often so I decided to try and express not one variation or point of view of love but quite a number instead. Definitely not all perspectives, that would be almost impossible but just some.

I also wanted to try water colour paints really badly because I am in love with the texture and everything water colour. I was really scared cause paints were the only medium I could never find satisfaction in so giving this a go was so terrifying and I only have 24 colours but I think this turned out quite well... I hope x:

All the Pretty Faces
    [​IMG]

I gave it my own meaning, give it your own.

phoenixkh93
    [​IMG]

Just before the final battle in one of the countless cycles of war, The Warrior of Light and Cosmos share a final goodbye. They don't know if they will ever see each other again or if, when they do, they will even remember each other.

2. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Dinny Grayson- It's a brilliant example of water colors. The gradient from one tone to another is blended so that it seems at once amorphous and definitive. I personally feel like a slightly more stylized approach could have allowed for a more expressive character but the overall composition is good and the actual execution is more or less without fault.

pheonixkh93- While you're definitely lacking depth and detail here, the colors and shading turned out well and your intent was carried across all the same.

All the Pretty Faces- I like the general look here and some of the visual effects but I can't really judge execution or anything as I kinda just don't get it. Sorry if that sounds a little boorish or rude.

3. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

1) Dinny Grayson: Very beautifully painted and presented. It also seems to have a personal touch which I like, that gives it a lot of depth :)
    2)All The Pretty Faces: At first I thought it was a bit gloomy and depressing and didn't fit the theme so well, but the more I looked at it the more meanings I got out of it. It's dark and painful looking, but love can be too, right? I like the paint use as well, it really suits the style.
    3)Jiku Neon: A very sweet drawing. I think the pose looks slightly unnatural and uncomfortable but it's still a really cute scene, especially with all the snow falling.

4. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

1) phoenixkh93 : It's very visually pleasing. The colors are very cool and the whole illustration is very sweet. There are plenty emotions that I pick up from this piece when I look at it - which makes me just want to discover about these two which is incredible and really clever. I also particularly like how the guy's armor is coloured c:

2) All The Pretty Faces : This is very expressive and it makes me think which I really like. I love the eerie mood of it, it captivates me especially with the colours. I also really love how you've done the background, it's really cool.

3) Jiku Neon : This is very sweet. It's very pleasant to look at. I like how the boy turned out more than the girl somehow, but overall I love how you've worked with the shadows and the smaller details like the snow and the clothing. Very good c:

5. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

This was a close one but the winner is Dinny Grayson!

Congratulations, you get a pin. Thank you to everyone for participating!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.