Toy Story 3

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Hayabusa, Oct 11, 2009.

1. C This silence is mine

So guys, before I actually see this movie, did it live up to the standards of the old ones? Just don't wanna ruin my childhood, is all.

2. C This silence is mine

I need to see this movie then, to see if it's actually true c:

3. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Yes you do!!! Go and see it asap!!!! The theatre was nearly empty when we went to see it and there was barely any kids there, all teens.

4. What? 『 music is freedom 』

I do hope such lurkers of the thread do not mind a preemptive spoiler warning. You may consider this some sort of mini-review, I would suppose.

I was able to view the movie a handful of days ago and I do believe it has resulted in a rather satisfying conclusion. Perhaps it was not simply the combination of nostalgic fervour and general mindset at the time that allowed the movie to juggle around one's emotions so delicately well - the movie indeed held a sense of humour, whilst at the same time holding a touch of positive melodrama and saddened, almost depressing feelings. The ending and the furnace were particularly heart-wrenching scenes; I am quite sure the former led to a horrid fear among younger children, however I found the latter more emotionally driving due to the factors of the series' end and Andy's final moment of playing with these toys that almost appeared to define his childhood, before giving them to Bonnie in a process of rebirth of sorts. Indeed - change is a primary factor within the film, as is quite blatantly evident. The characterization was not perfect - I do believe Buzz's multiple personality change throughout the film and Lotso should have been handled better, but besides that it was quite relaxing to see such characters again - old friends, perhaps. The CGI was absolutely amazing - one can understand how lovely it is when such generated imagery is able to generate intense emotion among the audience. Generally, I believe the greatest thing about this movie are the emotions generated in the audience, enough, apparently, to even make grown men cry. Stunning visually and emotionally, this is, perhaps, one of Pixar's masterpieces.

5. Roxas~N~Namine Traverse Town Homebody

it was, well said sir.
    The emotion was high in this film because we all knew andy was going give away/put away his toys, and the end result was indescribable.

6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

He's the garbage man in the end, rocking out to his MP3 player. Good enough? :3

7. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    He is? Awww I didn't recognize him.

8. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Huh? Wait, really? How do you know that?

It surely is an emotional film but seeing all this thing analyzing another stereotype about men...*sigh*

9. EvilMan_89 Code Master

seriously? that garbage guy was sid? how can you tell?

10. The Twin My, what a strange duet

[​IMG]

Image on top is from the first Toy Story. Image on the bottom is from Toy Story 3. The shirt is a dead giveaway. He had a quick cameo, but it was enough for those with a keen eye to catch.

And it kind of fits Sid, when you think about it.

11. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Wow, I never noticed that before. I'm glad they put him in, that's a good connection from the first film to the third.

I personally love this film, it was a great way to end the series. I loved how they actually waited all this time to make it, as if to truely show how time has passed.

12. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Ο.ο Holy cow! I didn't notice that! Damn you Pixar! The DVD extras were poor, they could have said something! lol i wonder if he's mentally traumatized after his experience with Woody.

13. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

I <3'd this movie so much~!

Except it made me cry at the incenerator scene, when they all held hands. </3 :c

But then I got over it. c:

14. P Banned

What were the DVD extras? I recall getting a box set for the first two movies, and the commentary tracks on them were superb.

15. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

In my opinion Toy Story 3 was better than 2 (sometimes I forget what 2 is even about) and very emotional at the ending. But it's funny how the Pizza Planet truck came out in each Movie even it had a small scene of it in toy story 3

16. The Twin My, what a strange duet

That Pizza Planet truck has actually been in every single Pixar movie since the first Toy Story, believe it or not. There are lists online that tell you when to look for it in each movie.

/done being a Disney geek now.

17. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

Yeah, that's the point, Pixar always has amazing DVD extras but Toy Story 3 had pretty much nothing of great interest. At least as far as i remember (i have to check, it's been a long time since i watched those...). I was expecting documentaries about the story of the film and such but all i remember is actors talking about their characters. It was the usual thing you find in every DVD...

18. P Banned

Perhaps the collectors' Edition or something will have more? :/

19. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

There is a collector's edition...? I assume that the Blu ray one will definitely have more extra, i didn't know though about a collector's edition. Will search for it.

20. P Banned

There's usually a collector's edition. I'd be surprised if there weren't a box set of all three, with extra material sometime in the future.