Anime Top Twelve things learned from Pokemon

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Sara, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Sara Tea Drinker

I recently started watching the Pokémon anime (XY to be exact) and 13 episodes in, I learned several things:

1. No matter how ridiculous the disguise or how cheap/stupid it is... No one will recognize you. Ever.

2. Never look up, then you can actually see attacks/Team Rocket/Enemies coming.

3. Tears will get you anything.

4. It's okay to quit on what your parents want you to do, they'll still be happy for you when you call them/tell them you're abandoning your duties.

5. No matter how many times an invention blows up, always rely on the same person to make another invention for plot reasons that will blow up either during use where you'll find a way to solve the problem you could've used in the first place, or right after it's needed so it will never be used again.

6. Even status attacks will knock out a pokemon. Confuse Ray and Stun Spore will totally knock out an opponent without any other attacks.

7. A first Gym Leader will have a pokemon that knows Solarbeam and can use it in one turn without charging... And PP doesn't exist in the world.

8. Team Rocket doesn't need a ten year old kid to beat them... They just need to spend their whole budget trying to catch an electric rat without telling their boss.

9. Always trust a villain, they'll never betray you. Even when they're laughing evilly in front of you. Just their friends will betray you.

10. Cuteness is the only standard for Pokémon for young girls, period... (If you've seen the anime, you know exactly which character I'm talking about)

11. Anyone can survive a 50,000 volt jolt of electricity, and never gain immunity to it. Same for falling, flying through the air and crashing, explosions and god-knows what else trying to kill you.

12. Ash is immortal. There's no other way to explain it. He also has the worst memory of anyone on the planet.

And that's it. Anyone want to add on? (Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  2. CloakedThunder Destiny Islands Resident

Haven’t watched the anime in a while, but how about the fact that the rules behind type effectiveness attacks in the video games do not apply to Pikachu in the anime since they can damage ground type Pokémon with their electric attacks.

3. Sara Tea Drinker

So true... In every way...

13. No matter how utterly useless Team Rocket is to the plot and how they can severely hinder it... (So many examples of this...) They will show up at least five minutes per episode to be an utter annoyance and ruin a flow of a good plot.