Top 25 Greatest Anime of 2012

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Pinekaboo, May 7, 2013.

1. Pinekaboo Chaser

Today a list was published apparently stating the top 25 anime of last year, on a site that I cannot mention due to KHV policy. It seems that a lot of people aren't impressed by the order of the list this time.

What's your opinion on it, KHV? Do you agree with it, disagree with it, is there something not on there you think deserved a spot?

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

How is VividRed Operation not on there?

I've heard things about these anime, and VRO is better than most :/

That said. It's surprising Project K and SAO aren't higher up.

3. Pinekaboo Chaser

VividRed Operation is a 2013 anime. The list is for 2012 anime exclusively.

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Oh

Pfft

I'm dumb xD

5. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

This list was either made by someone with . . . 'odd' preferences or it was made based on sales. I'd say they went by sales. Sometimes even if an anime is good it can be overlooked by a large populace. Also, sometimes a large group can like a show yet not pay for it by viewing it on streaming sites. In these cases, even if a show is good, it could end up lower on the list than what it should.

I definitely would not agree with the order of this list as a few, including SAO, are not in the spots I would have put them in. However, given that's my personal opinion, there is no way of knowing for sure or not if this list is correct. Even if I could find one hundred people who disagree with the order of this list, there may be one thousand people who agree with it, or disagree with it to a lesser extent.

A list like this, when posted on a site, should be based on sales. If not, it's going to be based on the likes of the people in a specific region.

So, in closing, it's hard to say whether or not this list is correct. It's all a matter of personal opinion really, and thus this list becomes no more than a simple guideline of what may or may not be what you consider to be good anime.

6. Fellangel Bichael May

IMO, I think Tonari doesn't really deserve that high of a spot. The story and characters seem pretty normal in my eyes. I dunno. I could be watching it wrong.

Sakara-sou, Another, and Kokoro Connect really deserve a higher rank. They are all exceptional and even better than some of the higher ranked animes.

I'm guessing it's not on views. If it were, SAO would've gotten number one.

7. Jayn

This order is ... weird. Is this really in a particular order? Does the site not give any information on what it's based on?

Either way ... As much as I enjoyed the Daily Lives of High School Boys (seriously, it's pretty hilarious imo), I'm not sure why it would take number one.

Honestly, I'm kind of pleased to see some of that stuff rather high on the list (Tari Tari, for instance, was a really heart-warming piece that not very many people seemed to give a chance), but besides that it's pretty whack, yo, and I'm not taking it very seriously.

8. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

What exactly did they do to find out which one was the "best"? Did it go by fan popularity alone, or was it out of quality. It feels like something is lost here.

And it seems like a lot of it is politics too. Again, I go on my rant about SAO (it's okay, but not great), but I really don't think it's an anime that deserves to be top 5 if it's based on quality. Fan popularity though is a different story.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I get some of them, but a few others I don't understand, or at least, I don't understand why they're on the spots they were on that list, or even why some anime aren't on there at all. I would think Accel World and Sword Art Online would be much higher, considering how much praise they got.