Tom and Jerry

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by John Clay Rice, Apr 7, 2011.

1. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

I don't know if there's a thread about this but does anyone remember Tom and Jerry the Cat and Mouse duo beating the **** out of each other?

2. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Tom & Jerry is, for me, the animated equivalent of The Three Stooges. About two dozen shorts qualify as masterpieces, the rest I can live without ever seeing again. Hanna-Barbera could have made the series interesting but they chose not to. Most of the shorts after the late 40s are just the crew collecting a paycheck, save the occasional title.
    With the Road Runner series, the whole joke was that the Coyote was stuck in a universe of humiliation, doomed to chase his prey forever. There's no hint of irony like that in Tom & Jerry - just a lot of noise. That said, the violence is indeed quite beautiful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3RT_6AEYFw 3:49.

3. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

I remember Tom & Jerry, how I loved that show. I do remember when there was an whole upset thing with the cartoon when I was younger, because Tom was smoking in one episode, which one Mother thought it influenced her children to smoke or something..After that they weren't allowed to show smoking in the show? I think. I love the violence and the background/sound effect music, I think the fact that Tom & Jerry don't talk keeps the viewers attention if that makes any sense?

4. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

My favorite show when I was younger and if I get a chance to watch it I will. The music for sound effects was my favorite part because it was just like Disney. I know they've made a new show but it is nothing like the classic. If I were to remake the show I'd make it just like it was back then although I'd bet I'd ruin it somehow. The movies they made well are horrible except I believe the first one which featured some girl who was kidnapped. All in all this was the show of my childhood.

5. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I used to love that show as a child. I haven't seen it for years though. I really liked the irony behind it and the way that the chases worked was always entertaining.

6. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

I know. That movie where they talked sucked.

7. orlando. Traverse Town Homebody

Yea I remember this show I used to watch it everyday when I came home from school... I loved how jerry won like every battle between them even though Tom's like 5 fives the size of Jerry XD Poor Tom... It must suck to get your ass kicked by a mouse

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I watched this show all the time, I loved it. I even liked the Movie where they talked, I can still recall the songs like the money song, and a part where the fat women sat on the chair squashing the dog on a skateboard. It's been years since I've watched it yet I can still remember that. I did prefer the second film though as they didn't talk and I just always found the sounds they made amusing.

Yes, Tome and Jerry is filled with Nostalgia for me xD

9. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

10. ShibuyaGato Transformation

It's Looney Toons meets a Pluto short.

I used to love watching Jerry beat Tom up. It was better that they couldn't talk for the sake of comedy, though the sound effects were great for their time.

11. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

Even though Tom & Jerry is before my time, I love watching it!

I just can't get enough of their silly antics and fights. They're not as funny as they used to be (in my opinion) but just the humor of Tom trying to capture Jerry is enough for me!

It's one of my favorite old cartoons, other than Looney Toons.

12. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Oh man, Tom and Jerry - awesomest mostly non-dialogue cartoon of all time. Me and my cousins use to watch it and pick our character. I was always Jerry. So I always won.

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Quiet as a mouse, eh?

Well you made a good choice, but I assume you were always the first to pick, no?

14. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Actually, believe it or not, me and my cousins always fought over the characters. There was four of us and one Tom and one Jerry, so we would have two wrestling matches, and then the winner of each match would wrestle the other winner and whoever one got first pick. :Awesome:

15. ShibuyaGato Transformation

That is pretty cool. I mean, fighting over fictional cartoon characters who can't even speak!? Winning...
    :Awesome:
    :lolface:

You know I mean that in the absolute nicest way possible, right?

16. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Haha, I know. And back then, Tom and Jerry was totally worth the trouble, the broken house objects, and the bruises we all did. :Awesome:

17. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, kids will be kids. I remember the days when I would break stuff from having fun, but think it was totally worth it... usually, it wasn't. xDD

18. Saxima [screams geometrically]

XD I'm right there with ya.

19. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Everyone had their moments as a kid, whether it was just goofing off or trying to imitate some childish stunt from a cartoon... maybe like Tom and Jerry...?

20. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

By the time I started watching Tom & Jerry, my sister and brother were in their teen years and didn't want to wrestle me. xDD