Todays younger kids

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by *Hippie Jesus*, Jun 6, 2008.

1. sorasgrl18 Merlin's Housekeeper

My cousin (5) has a neighbor named Lena (5). Lena has a flatscreen HDTV, a laptop, an iPhone, an iPod touch, and a regular phone all in her bedroom. WHO DOES SHE CALL??? Why does she need this??? It's ridiculous! And the other day, we were at McDonalds, and she came along. When she opened her happymeal thingy, she had a unicorn, or something, so naturally, she gets up out of her chair and literally does a Girl's Gone Wild stripper dance. She was swiveling her hips and dropping it like it was hot! What is the matter with America if a five-year old is doing this?

Edit: I am so sorry! I feel like such a noob for not knowing what necro bumbing was........don't do it! It's bad! :nonono:

2. DemyxPlaysMySitar Twilight Town Denizen

Ugh. So this kid across the road from me....
    He's about 12? But when he was 10, My sister was borrowing my DS. He wanted a go, so tugged at it. Broke the top screen right off.
    Naturally, I was pissed, and went to his mom and dad about it.
    He blamed my sister, cussed her out big time. His parents did nothing.

I also remember being in a gaming store, and this mom was with her 8 year old son, who was like "What do you want?"
    The kid replied "I don't know, Something. I'm ****ing bored. Get the game and we can go." while texting one of his "friends" on his fancy touchscreen phone.

Seriously. WTF.

EDIT: (Yikes, this post is old xD)

3. Krowley Moderator

I have this pet peeve for young white kids dressed in skater clothes and smoke when theyre only 12.
    And they try to act all "Gangster" and swearing all over the place. Its just sad to see that kind of generation

4. BloodxXxDark Destiny Islands Resident

I have a cousin named Chrstian...and his name used to be an oxymoron.at the age of 3 he was constantly swearing and reciting "Bad *ss" quotes.Acting as if he was much MUCH older then he truley was AND~ ...he was quite violent o.o-nevertheless he has changed somewhat (Keyword: Somewhat) And no longer swears or is violent...but he's still a little brat >.>

5. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

The modern brat is a very annoying thing, and more often than not very stupid, coarse, aggressive and easily amused by things that aren't actually funny. On my street there a group of 7-8 year olds who are extremely annoying. Swearing, trespassing, screaming insults at passers-by, kicking footballs at peoples cars, the full works. But the one thing I don't get about them is that one day, I was taking my dog for a walk, as you do. Now my dog isn't the brightest of her kind, so when we came across a dustbin in the street she went one way and I went the other. Of course she soon saw her mistake and went the other way. So I was like 'Whatever, lets just go' and suddenly the brats leap out from behind a car and starting screeching and laughing as if it was the most hilarious thing in the world. I mean, a minor giggle, maybe, but it wasn't THAT funny. Now I can't walk my dog without them screaming profanities and laughing.

I blame poor parenting and a lack of a proper sense of humour.

I don't think this is true. It was only about a generation ago that so many luxeries became available and the general population had to be much more careful with money, and would feel a need to teach this to their kids, which resulted in them not being anyway near as spoiled, which in turn made them more understanding of others, which made them less violent. Nowadays parents aren't concerned by this so much. Even if they do go broke they can have benefits, so they have a 'do whatever the hell I want' philosophy, which is passed down. We are nothing like the previous generations.

6. krayzie Lionhart

thats how it is and it'll keep getting worse
    but thats life

7. Hayabusa Venomous

Don't necrobump threads :<

And there's just one reason why youths these days are such punks/brats/bitches/jerks.

Lack of discipline. I remember when I was little, if I did something bad, I got the belt on my ass and a lecture. Guess what? I didn't do whatever wrong I did thanks to that, because I was disciplined. Kids these days don't get that treatment because the parenting system has gone soft, frowning upon any kind of attempt to right the wrongs of a youngster but with words, and words alone don't work when someone's not mature enough to listen and show some respect. Television and music were worse back then than people think (in material, not quality), but that didn't make them grow up to be idiots. It's how they were disciplined in their youthful days, and how they developed from it. I'm not saying that beating a kid is approved or anything, but sometimes it takes more than words to teach a kid.

8. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

Indeed. The kids today are spoiled, due to our latest technology sources.
    Nobody but the parent can do anything about this.

9. childofturin Why?

^This. Times 1000.

I swear, the amount of physical punishment I got as a kid would make modern kids afraid for their lives. But, as the saying goes, what doesn't kill me...

10. Captain Hero Hollow Bastion Committee

My parents did a reverse kind of beating. They didn't beat me, which angered my brother, and they knew this, so he would beat me up as a result. And then they would ignore it. But yes, physical discipline is sometimes needed to get through to them. It's not like you're torturing them. They do something wrong, so you associate that wrong with a pain. It's a psychological thing. They do something bad, you punish them by spanking or using the belt, they associate the pain they feel with the wrongdoing, they learn.

But I'm not advocating child abuse, either. You have to know your limits. Sure, kids will resent their parents for spanking them, but when a kid changes into a pre-teen or teenager, they're going to resent them either way. It's how you choose to shape the growth of your child and make sure they don't grow unstable. Along with the discipline, you also have to motivate them to do good.

**EDIT**
    Also, lawl at the huge necrobump.

11. Ah eff. Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah I've noticed. It is a bit upsetting when I hear my six year old brother say, "Are you steppin to me? Come closer, and I will cut you fool! Yeah that's right I'm a pimp." No lie.

Don't ask where he learned that. My best guess is the druggie by the swings.

12. tSG1 Chaser

Yes.

My cousin who's 11, tries to rap.

13. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
    In my family, I personally believe the media is to blame for my little sister's behavior. She mouths off to everyone in the house even my parents. Like they say, spare the rod spoil the child, my sis wasn't spanked as much as me and my older sister.

Man parents these days need to get a grip before someone gives them one. or takes it away... *cough cough* foster care *cough cough*

14. Tahno The official Charlie Sheen of Republic City.

I'm 12, I write rap, freestyle rap. I don't create songs yet.

Is that a problem?

15. Cleopatra King's Apprentice

Yes, children's behaviour today is quite repulsive & disgusting.

I've encountered little children who have used swear words against me, and to tell you the truth, I was shocked & amazed. I guess it's mostly because when I was their age I never used those words at all. The worst thing I can remember calling someone is a 'witch' or a 'really mean person'. I'm not so innocent now.

Its all about who they (children) look up to. Media is to blame for a lot of it. The shows that they preview and the characters they create are their 'idols'.

It's also about lack of discipline as menitoned before. I knew my place in line. If I stepped out of line, that was the end of it. Today's parents I guess are much more stress-free and care-free. I'm not saying all, but some don't actually give a damn how their child behaves & are willing to take sides with it even though what their child has done is wrong.

Plus, they always get what they want, whenever they want. Anyone else's sibilings or cousins throw tantrums? I guess the parents give in because they don't know what to do. I feel sorry for the parents, not the children.

My sister is worse than me, her behaviour is so stuck-upish an stubborn that I just let her be. If I don't give enough attention to her, she eventually stops. My brother on the other hand, is quite a nice person.

16. Nuff' Said Banned

The government won't step in for things like that I think. They could cancel shows like Hannah Montana and Jonas (please god) and that might limit the cell phone usage but cursing at a young age is normal because they've been doing that as far as I remember

17. krayzie Lionhart

well its getting worse
    recently my grandpa saw a kid stealing a purse
    the lady had it in her hand and her husband was next to her but he got away

18. Nuff' Said Banned

And that's why kids need to be tracked or better disciplined. Most parents are too afraid to spank their children these days because these kids know the number to DCFS