Tips on beginning Kingdom Hearts

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by SushiKey, Aug 10, 2017.

1. SushiKey Destiny Islands Resident

Figured I'd go ahead and make a post in the Kingdom Hearts section since this IS a forum about that. :P

So, what are some good tips on starting on Kingdom Hearts? I've never played the game and plan to buy a console sometime in the near future so I can go ahead and play it. I just want to know what's the best way to begin. I usually suck at a game unless someone guides me with tips in the beginning, is why I ask. All tips and suggestions are appreciated!

2. Mish smiley day!

Grind on Destiny Island for a while with Riku, Tidus, Wakka, and Selphie. The next world has a boss battle not very far in and I usually struggle if I haven't leveled up a bit first.

3. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

My advice would be to never skip out on any heartless battles. (even in the beginning, fight as many as you can) Even if you go to the same place within a world multiple times and the same heartless appear over and over- fight them. It's a good way to level up steadily for when the big bad bosses come. I made the mistake of skipping a lot of heartless battles and by the time I was almost finished with the game I got my a$$ handed to me a lot b/c I was still pretty weak in comparison. Had to go back and train and fight like crazy. It was so boring and I hated doing it. So yeah, if you fight each and every heartless you run into, you'll level up at a good pace while continuing on with the story. And also try to do all the coliseum matches in Hercules's world. Your future self will thank you.

4. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

In terms of buying the games, buy Kingdom Hearts 1.5, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 (or the PS4 collection with both of them), and Kingdom Hearts 2.8. You honestly don't need to play the games on their original systems.

If you already have a DS system, than you MIGHT wanna get Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and Recoded, but honestly, watching the cutscenes is enough (IMO, especially for Recoded which barely has a story. Nice gameplay, shitty story).

5. rikusorakairiown Destiny Islands Resident

More of a mid-late game thing but some moves have i-frames for the entirety of the attack, for example strike raid and sonic rave. Also, aero and tinkerbell are pretty OP and can carry you through a lot of stuff.

6. Fearless A good and beautiful child

~ If you think you're pretty good at games, try the game on Proud mode. I've heard a lot of new (adult) players complain that the game gets too easy at points, and I can see where they're coming from. This goes extra double for KH2. However, if you're not much of a gamer, I'd stick with Normal mode.

~ PLAY THE WORLDS IN ORDER. By battle level. I've seen so many people play the game for the first time and just skip around, and then they complain that they're confused. Lmao I wonder why.

~ If you have a DS, PLAY CODED. Heart's right that there's not much story, but the story that there is IS important, not to mention the game itself is fun as hell. You don't need to go super out of your way for it? But still.

~ Agreeing that grinding is actually super helpful. Tbh it's not that tedious unless you're trying to get to level 99. Most people beat the game at around level 50.

7. Inmento Moogle Assistant

As a fellow yet still kind of new Kingdom Hearts fan, what helped me most was honestly watching each and every cutscene, even in KH1 where if you die and have to reload you cannot skip them, usually when doing so (and if it's been several times of dying and retrying) I can use that to plan. Proud and Normal mode can be especially helpful if you want to enjoy the game without it seeming to bore you.

Also try different keyblades and spells. Sure you could just stick with the strongest keyblade in terms of stats, but in KH2 especially, just because a Keyblade has lower stats doesn't mean its skills are weak as well. Sure you could use the strongest key, but experimentation in this game is safe, fun, and less harmful than experimenting in college. (That joke went over the heads of some, I'm bad with jokes.)

All in all, play the game the way you want to play it!