****** threads...

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Jiηx, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    ****** threads everywhere. Seriously Spam Zone, step it up.

2. A Zebra Chaser

I only see one
    this one

3. Jiηx You're such a loser.

The guy flooding shouldn't really say anything, even as a joke.

4. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

5. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

At least they aren't all about FFXIV

6. A Zebra Chaser

The guy whpo hasn't made any threads that add to anything shouldn't talk either, yet here we are

7. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Then let me say it

[​IMG]

If you ain't gonna contribute then why you complainin' brah

8. C This silence is mine

If you don't think it's contributing, why are you helping the thread stay active? Hmmmm?

9. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Lol the "tough guy" thread

10. Saxima [screams geometrically]

◀◀ ◀◀ * gigglesnort *

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Enduring present unpleasantness for future gain

12. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

This is everyone's faults but mine.

13. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

What you're saying is that you should accept it rather that address it and make an attempt to fix it or ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist regardless of the consequences it will have when allowed to continue. I don't like that attitude. Actively trying not to fix problems is how you make them worse, not how you fix them. I feel like you care a little bit more about this site than some people, so you should act like it.

I know the most obvious counterargument is that you need good content to be made for something to be good and that's why you support contribution over all else. Lead by example, in a sense. It's narrow minded, impractical and complacent. It is both the presence of good and the absence of bad that creates a good environment. If you need to dig through mountains of garbage to find gems no one is going to bother and nothing is ever going to come from it. Any training involves both reinforcement and punishment. The presence of good content doesn't eliminate or mitigate bad content, they both simple sit there side by side. A community is like a garden, it needs both nurture and pruning to reach its potential.

I also know that you're not going to agree with or possibly even respect my opinion because my words never have carried any weight around here. I'm perfectly fine with that.

14. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

The irony is that Vivs doesn't actually give a shit and is probably laughing at me

I'm gonna rub his fuckin' nose in this thread I stg

No, I'm not. I would love if people made an attempt to fix these things. Is that what you call this? Because it looks like more noise to me. Complaining that everyone's threads are shit (which is as subjective as it is rude) and then demanding the forum entertain you is both counter-productive and selfish. If you're going to criticize it should be constructive; and in a case like this, it'd be relatively easy to look up a thought experiment, whip up a short hypothetical, make some silly video, anything besides stack the shit pile higher

I could argue this one of two ways. The first and simplest is using your own logic: I hate these threads, so I punish people for making them with disparaging comments. The second is by saying that applying psychological conditioning models to a forum for teenagers is (Wait for it! It's not what you think!) totally disconnected from their intended uses. You train pets with reinforcement and punishment. You talk to people with ordinary words representing your feelings. And if your feelings are that extreme, you may have some things to sort out.

Lemme ask you a serious question. What's the point of this? If I don't agree or respect your opinion then there's no way to say so without looking like a douche, because you're pre-empted me. If I do agree or respect, then I now feel compelled to say so. Are you fishing for compliments? Are you just trying to guard against your own backlash? Are you just trying to look tough?

For the record I usually do respect your opinion, in fact I hold it in high regard; it's just your delivery that's jank. You're not in a position to punish your peers, and you have no business taking matters into your own hands when the necessity of punishment can still be argued. It's one thing to make an executive decision every once in a while, but why is it that you seem to do a lot more punishing than nurturing?

By the by, "narrow minded, impractical and complacent" definitely doesn't sound like an agreement, and it doesn't sound very respectful either, so I'll thank you not to project onto me.

15. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

swag money is real money

16. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

I can't remember the last time I made a thread here...

17. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

I agree that it's rude and subjective. I don't think anyone was demanding the forum to entertain them. Now, I do agree that constructive criticism is often better than simple derision but when the point is just to tell someone they've done wrong and to stop, I don't think giving them an alternative is necessary. So I'll say there's your point you just made, but you didn't make it before so I'll say you improved your position there.
    I don't think that's using my logic at all. In my experience dogs and people are the same in that respect. You can control people with fairly primitive means and it's just as effective if not moreso in tailoring their manners than trying to suss it out with them. Maybe you disagree there but I have no reason to concede that.
    I don't know if there was a point. I don't think too hard on my posts sometimes. Maybe I'm a little upset about how my day went. Maybe it's just what I said, I feel like no one cares about what I say. Maybe I'm looking for a fight. Could be any of those things. Either way, I'm being a bit disrespectful yes. I mean to be. I think it helps make my point, misplaced as it was now that you've cleared up some of your points for me.

18. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I love it how whenever shit hits the fan people actually decide to post. Good times

19. Jiηx You're such a loser.

TL;DR

I made this cause it was 9am and the front page was Hatok and FFXIV, chill the **** out all of you.

20. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser