This Subforum Looks Like an Empty Bar

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by finalform32, Apr 21, 2019.

1. finalform32 Merlin's Housekeeper

Or sorta like a hangout where you and a bunch of friends used to chill all the time for a few years, and then you all went your separate ways, some new people showed up, the place saw it's time, and eventually closed up. Like walking in to that and seeing the chairs on the tables, dust on the counters, and a single light over a booth in the corner still flickering on from time to time when the place is used by the few who come in here.

Now I didn't look super hard but Spam Zone seems to get a thread and maybe 2-5 replies what looks like once a month or so. Man do I remember when it was lively. It's strange to think a place I was moderately active in so long ago is... not necessarily dead, but more or less just not used very often, or mostly inactive.

Well, if anyone sees this message in a bottle, how've y'all been?

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

[​IMG]

3. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Feels not great, man. I miss the shenanigans.

4. finalform32 Merlin's Housekeeper

This is pretty accurate.

I'm not sure I miss it too much. I remember that me from back then was really... just really awful. Like cringey awful. I don't want that back. But it would be cool to see this place lively again. Though I doubt it'll happen. It would take a lot of communicating with the other members that would run rampant through here to make it happen for one day's nostalgia trip.

5. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Yeah that's pretty fair. I look back on those days fondly, but I'd probably cringe looking at most of my post history pre-2011. It was just cool having a bunch of friends around almost 24/7 doing equally silly stuff and laughing at each other. Shitposting in the SpamZone while having some banter in five different MSN convos was top-notch.

If KH3 can't revive this place, nothing can. But it's a nostalgic little monument.

6. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I think it is a combo of reason why it looks a little empties these days. Main reason being most of us are now old and work jobs. Like me! lol

7. Patman Bof

I m happily coupled now, so there s that. My keyboard is broken, deal with it.
    I tried taking a look at the discord thingy since everyone seemed to have fled there but it didn t work, not idea why.
    Besides, writing in English is one thing, speaking it is another. I m not sure I would have enjoyed it as much as a written forum.

I ve been playing khux for a couple months now, is there a list of the forum members khux usernames somewhere ? Mine is Sparx.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Ironically:

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

For what it's worth the handful of times I've been in Discord has been almost entirely text chat. Voice was used more when the Discord is new, but I haven't seen anyone in those for a while. Granted my activity is pretty dang low, so that doesn't say much.

As for KHUX, there is a weekly contest thingy which gives quite a list of players in this thread. Heck, depending on how you feel about party jumping you could get in on one of ours since we have one for each union.

10. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

This thread is nostalgic.

11. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, there were some great times here. I was kind of hoping that KH3 would punch people in the nostalgia like it did me and bring more life to this place, but alas. Now we're all sitting in the corner of the bar, reminiscing about old days while the only light still on in the bar flickers above us.

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

As long as people keep showing up, we'll keep passing out drinks.

[​IMG]

all virgin for the minors, of course

13. Patman Bof

Ah, thanks ! Sorry for the late reply, I would have liked your post but that option seems to be gone.

I would gladly have joined had I thought of that earlier, I just picked the first french speaking union I met. They re decently active and I ve grown fond of them. Heck, couple of weeks ago they made me an admin. And they didn t warn me. That day I received a request just saying hi, the game was asking me whether I d accept the request or not. I was like wut ? Accept what ?

14. Jube Formerly Chuck's

Look at you old back breaking kids.
    I'm glad you chumps are all still hanging on, Jube here is as old as it gets now but he still loves you all.
    Also consider this a late apology for being an shitlord for the last like bazillion years.

15. Yozora Archer

i forgive you jube

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I forgive you as well.

17. finalform32 Merlin's Housekeeper

I forgive you too. Though I don't have the slightest idea what you mean. But I can relate. I wasn't exactly the greatest way back when either.

18. burnitup Still the Best 1973

19. Ghost King's Apprentice

a ghost walks into a bar

20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[burns sage]