Completed: This is Halloween! [KHV Chorus] -Complete-

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Jayn, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Beau Hollow Bastion Committee

I agree with this. Jayn did an amazing job on this project (as always), but she can't always fix someone's timing. People need to sing with the song, because some parts were drowned out by the person messing up. :/

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, a person can only do so well, even if they're listening to the song.

3. Krowley Moderator

No worries :P
    Did my best to time my parts just right.

4. Kayate King's Apprentice

Oh the brilliance.
    I enjoyed Krowley's parts... Those were great!

5. Mish smiley day!

Krowley's parts were awesome! And Ace's laugh finished it off so well. I can't quite pick out my own voice though! Oh well, next time. :L

Thanks for making it, Jayn! <3

6. Kayate King's Apprentice

I couldn't pick out my own voice either, xD
    But it's quite alright, as long as we all had fun with it~

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

You can pick my voice out during that first part with everyone. Or the second, I can't remember, but when you hear the 2 "halloween" parts that sound kinda whispered, those are mine.

8. Glen Returned from the dead

Something else i noticed is Daxa was really, really quiet XD i remember having to go back and look at the video to make sure we still had people singing. Though when i did hear her the tone was really nice.

9. Jayn

Let me explain the timing for this one...

Some people sang with the instrumental and some people sang with the original.

The instrumental used had different timing than the original song because there was no official instrumental for it that was found. So there was a division between who sang with the song-song, who sang with Marilyn's version, and who sang with the instrumental, meaning there were three different timings going on. So instead of botching the vocals up to make it fit (Like I did with the last three songs when someone was off time), I just left it be because it wouldn't have worked without literally cutting voices out. I thought a bunch of voices mixed awkwardly would be better than it sounding perfect with 2/4 people singing the part.

Also, duets and solos are more for the highlighting someone's specific voice. When you sing in a choir/chorus your voices usually end up melding naturally unless your voice is just that different enough to be heard (lol Krowley got into super character), or if you're very energetic (lol nemesis). I mean, my own voice was lost. So it's not like I'm mixing it that way on purpose. That's just what happens when you sing with other people, with a bunch of different mic qualities with different timings/styles of singing. Less people complained about the voices in Still Alive because there were only 3 people singing one part instead of 4 or five, and solos, and the song itself was mellow enough to highlight more frequently. But I'm trying to make it open to more people. *___* It's also why in Simple and Clean I tried to make more solos than I had for Be a Man, but this song has solos written out which made more sense. Gah, anyway.

So yes! I assure you, again, everyone is in there. Well, except for one person who I just left in the video for lulz. If you guys want your voices to be heard specifically I'll just split the lyrics up to be completely full of solos with no duets or quartets next time. It's just that my intent for the project was for us to come together as one like a really choir does. There's just no way to mix it so that everyone's voice is heard individually, perfectly with such different qualities. I could turn one person's up really loud and drown out the rest, or turn them all down so you can't hear anyone, or make you all sing in different harmonies so you can all hear yourselves singing the one part (except for the fact that not everyone can harmonize). Or I could make you all sing in really dramatic different accents so it could be more distinguishable.

Anyways, I am trying and trying to learn how to balance it out better/create more parts/solos. So forgive me for inconveniences like this. The project is just for fun, and I'm working hard on this, so I hope you all can appreciate it regardless. There will be plenty more chances to get your voices heard/grab a solo or duet in the future. Maybe I'll take the time we spend voting to practice more. It's just...It's never going to be total perfection. But the chorus means a lot to me (/dorkdork) so I'm still going to work on getting...better. At both the video editing, Photoshopping and the audio mixing.

Also, for those of you offering me help, I appreciate it. I'll be trying to figure out how that can be helped too. My fear is letting people help and then them quitting. I mean, it's bad enough when a singer drops out last minute. So to put someone else in charge of one of the big things to have them not get it done/come up with some random excuse...I'd cry myself to sleep every night.

10. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Oh man, the ending was totally my favorite part, Ace and Midny, I love you gaiz. <3

Everyone did a wonderful job~

11. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I noticed the timing thing as well, but nonetheless it sounded great, I thought the off timing changed the song a bit, I've listened to the normal version too many times, it was a nice change.

I will offer any assistance as well if you need me. You do an amazing job and you should be praised for that, but yeah, I'll happily help out anyway I can. I hope you feel proud of this creation.

It's better that more people get a chance to sing than it being too overcrowded I think, so many people are so eager to be a part of this project and it's nice that they are given many opportunities.

12. Mish smiley day!

Jayn, I think it is perfect<3 I mean, as much as I would like to pick my own voice out like Krowley's or Nemesis', I understand you when you say you're creating a choir/chorus with voices melding and such. c:

13. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I really enjoyed this, though the timing was a bit of a difficulty. Perhaps this could somewhat be fixed in the future by if someone suggests a song they have to find an instrumental for it too?

14. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

Wow, this was great! I loved your solo Slaughtermatic, it sounded like it was straight out of the movie, and Ace's and Midnight's ending was creepy great/adorable xD

Interestingly, I had trouble picking up my own voice, even when I was the only girl singing xDx I must've been doing something weird with it then...

I like how we're coming together as a choir, the group parts sound great!

15. Iskandar King of Conquerors

You know, if you feel like you need someone to help with videos, I'm all for it.
    It's just hard for me to keep staying on the sidelines and knowing someone has to do all of this by herself. Makes me feel like I should do at least something to help

16. Always Dance Chaser

*extremely guilty look*
    Sorry...that version was on my computer already and for some reason Youtube is stupid and giltchy on my computer and doesn't save the part of the video that's already loaded, instead it re-loads it AGAIN if I rewind the video
    NO! I like the way it is. I can't make out my voice in any of my non-solo lines, but that's fine, they all sound good. And I like how we come together as one too, it's like I'm singing with you guys.

17. Jayn

I feel bad now. xD I didn't mean to sound angsty. Don't worry guys, it's all for a good time. We'll figure something out. I really enjoy working on the chorus with all of you. Up until now I've only really done covers and stuff on my own, so it's less lonesome to do it with you all. So really, it's okay.

Even if someday we do a cover and everyone is just awful and the vocals are all over the place and the video is just a bunch of random pictures, it'll still be a fun experience. So thank you all for that. :]

18. Krowley Moderator

I would have loved to see people's vocal talents conducted into different places (Different chorus', Solos, duets, etc) in an audition type of format.
    Considering it was first come, first serve, the final product still came out very well mixed.
    Once again, well done :)

19. Daxa~ #stalker

This was great <3
    Aces laugh at the end...oh god,I nearly went into another of my hour long laughing fits.
    But really great job everyone,and thank you so much Jayn for your amazing work <3

20. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

This was the first one that I heard, really good!
    My favorite part is....

[I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.][Fearless]

Very good one, I really wish I was part of this one.