They grow up so fast

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Daenerys Targaryen, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

... That's kind of the point. You wouldn't want someone incapable of doing the work employed at your workplace.

2. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

congrats. :3

i am going back to college in a month after taking a year or so break, lol. it's weirdddd, but i am so excited to go.

3. Misty gimme kiss

aren't you in high school? lol

But no I actually think college work isn't too bad, albeit I'm going to poor man's college so the academic standards might not be as high but if you average it out, the workload is probably about the same as high school--just that you're doing a lot more on your own. You have precious few hours of class time so you have to teach yourself a lot of the material; you're shoving a lot more material into a lot less time, so it feels like a lot. Maybe it is. idk. But I think it's really just an adjustment from having your work spoon-fed to you in small doses to teaching yourself primarily and actually taking an active role in your education. There are higher standards of course but that's a simple part of growing up.

4. 61 No. B

Yeah, but unless everyone has been lying to me for my entire life then I don't think I have to be in college to know it is tough, or at the very least tougher than high school. The ap/college prep/whatever classes I'm in now are somewhat tough and they're not even college classes.

Sounds a lot like what reps from colleges have told me, at this point I'm tired of hearing it and just want to experience it already. I don't think I could exaggerate how eager I am to move on.

5. Misty gimme kiss

I understand that well but don't get caught up in this idea of "omg college is soooooo hard!!!" It's what you make of it. If you don't procrastinate (excessively) and work hard you'll be fine.

6. The Fuk? Dead