The Yugioh Card Duel Arena 11.0

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Well they were never going to came back so it's acceptable. Now maybe they will see some plays.

2. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

Welcome back! I hope you can log in again so you can see this message! :D

3. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

Really? I thought they were. Did I miss something?

EDIT: Nevermind misread that. I just hope they don't ruin Pot of Greed next.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  4. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

I meant their orginal forms. They were really strong abusable gamebreaking cards. Now they may come back in weaker form.[DOUBLEPOST=1419025400][/DOUBLEPOST]PoG is biggest broken card they ever made.

5. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

Painful Choice and Cyber Jar are way more broken than Pot of Greed.

6. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

I know. That was a joke. But I how they could break PoG? Make it once per duel? I can't think of any other errata that woudn't change this card that much.

7. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

"Draw two cards. During the turn you activate this, you can not activate other spell or trap cards, set cards, summon monsters, or conduct your battle phase."

8. StardustXtreme Chaser

Or rather if they did, they'll add the text you can only only activate 'Pot of Greed' once per turn as so to stop people getting many Pots.

9. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

There's no need to water down Pot of Greed since they already gave us Pot of Duality to replace it. If they re-errata Pot of Greed and make it useless I am going to rage...

I'm sick of this. All the good draw cards keep getting banned and replaced with shіtty ones that won't let you special summon that turn or whatever...I liked how Pot of Greed helped me get out of jams. That's what makes it special...[DOUBLEPOST=1419034293][/DOUBLEPOST]
    In my opinion Pot of Greed was a fun card to use and a fun card to play against back when it was Limited. Banning it was overkill in my opinion.
    They better fuсking not...

10. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

OOC: Heck with this, the RP starts NOW.

(Jaden, this is still the setting I told you)

BIC:

Subject's Name: Jaden Yuki

Species: Human (?)

Date of Birth (Using Mid-Childa's calendar): 0055

Magic System: ???

Magic Color: Black (?)

Magic Rank: S
    ((OOC: AKA The one of the highest. The actual highest is "SS"))

Device: It is believed that this "Duel Disk" he uses to summon is a close equivalent to one.

'We finished making the profile. It is still lacking but we did what we could with available information. Though I don't understand why we took the efforts to have Due impersonate one of his friends, knock him out and bringing him here. This boy Jaden Yuki is just a normal human mage who was only very unaware of his own abilities"

[​IMG]

"Very well. But I wouldn't be underestimating this young male, Uno.

Ever since we came to this world, we found out that the summoning magic abilitiy of its inhabitants are far more common than the ones displayed by mages from our world. Very few mages are born with the ability back home. But here, summoning is classified as just a mere children's game.

As we already found out, it is still an impossibility for us mages from Mid-Childa to use summon magic, even here. Though we can use our magic to make the spells and traps' effects outside these games called "duels", we cannot summon the monsters encapsulated inside the cards.

The real reason we captured this boy is because he is a particularly powerful summoning mage out of the several unaware mages that can be found here. A very interesting specimen. Mmm... He should be waking up from the knock-out now..."

[​IMG]

((OOC: Soooo, is this OK? I was gonna do the capture part too, but I couldn't decide which of this new villain's henchgirls should do the kidnapping so I skipped inmediately to this part. In the end I decided it to the kidnapper to be the shapeshifter cyborg, but this is already awkward for me to type so I still skipped the actual kidnapping part.

This is @Jaden Yuki's cue to start the RP))

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  11. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Wow. Surprised that Abby made something that resembles plot. But if you make it a story you shouldn't skip parts of it.

12. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

I think this works, since it's heavily implied what happened.

13. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

It works, but I'm not expecting Abby to use lack of telling us whole story in right way, leaving us with 1st plot hole.

14. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

Whatever. Haters gonna hate. I tried my best to do something resembling a plot. Plus it was already awkward to think the kidnapping part (What, you really wanted to see Due impersonating, say, Alexis, to take Jaden to something that would bring us here anyways?) and it'd just drag the plot, since this is just a "prologue" to the actual plot. I already told Jaden what the initial setting would be.

Plus one of Jaden's best RP (the Jaden/Carly one) didn't actually show the part where Jaden was captured to be tortured and experimented. At least I am showing it.

We just need an initial setting to start the RP, because part of the fun of roleplaying is the "randomness" of where the interactions between the characters will drive the plot to.

15. Lyris1026 Moogle Assistant

Ah, welcome back, Omega! ^_^

16. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

*rolling around at the speed of sound laugh*
    So you are saying that RP needs plot only to begin?

And for a while I thought that you can make RP that will be better than last one.

(And I'm going to comment on first part of that post too. I just need to prepare something bigger for that.)

17. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

Yakumo, STOP. If you don't like how I spearhead a RP, why you don't create the next one?!?!?!?!?

@Jaden Yuki , @SirFred131 and I have been breaking our heads to trying to satisfy your impossibly high standards of what you consider a good plot and in the end we did nothing but being at each others' throats (while you just watched and fanned the flames, and didn't actually contribute with ideas of a plot!) with discussions over things like canon or plot holes instead of, you know, having fun and duel!

The RP "plot" is just an excuse to have crossover characters duking it out in duels, after all!

In other words, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE RP SETTING, SCREW YOU!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO PARTICIPATE! AT LEAST SIRFRED IS FINE WITH MY NEW RP SETTING!

:mad:

18. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Wait, wait wait! WAIT!

1st this part:

In case you don't see it let me get on it one more time:

Wait since when basic things that RP needs is "impossibly high standard"? Plot and following it, together with use of characters?

Wanting it in RP is LOW standard.
    Really low.
    As low as level of "Winged Kuriboh". (in case you also don't remember this, it's one.)

Next Causal standards demands for you to mind canon if you place RP in settings of existing series. (I'm not even talking about length of posts, cuz its obvious that it will always stay at in best cause more than 1-2 sentences and shitton of images)
    Really best thing I could do is remind people of existence of something called "canon". Do I need to remember you that all real discussion about plot were closed to Jaden and Latias. All we could do is discuss what little of plot they revealed.

2nd: How do you expect for anybody to take your plot seriously. At least last RP tried to follow its forced plot, when you give somewhat reasonable plot and immediately say: "screw it, I don't have any idea what I want to do, everybody do whatever you want and lets call it a plot". Your attitude while making this is pretty much "anything will do and nobody will mind if I do something wrong". If you really need excuse for characters to jump on each other throats just use setting that worked before. Void tee party involving killing with card games was good enough.

3rd: In other words, IF YOU DON'T SEE THAT I WAS OKAY WITH THIS SETTING, SCREW YOU!!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE GOOD RP! AT LEAST TRY TO RESPECT YOUR OWN WORK!

*rolls around at the speed of sound laugh*

19. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

It was already hard enough to think this scenario in the first place! I just want to get this over with! If the RP doesn't freaking start NOW, I quit! Because people were demanding a plot, I thought of a plot! The last thing I would want is to have it criticized since it took me a while to have this idea and I just want to have Jaden defused so we can actually have duels!

Because this is a DUEL Arena, duh!

And again, you never contributed with ideas, whereas Jaden and I did, and SirFred was suggesting ideas too (as silly as the ideas were)!

20. xxxLatiasxxx Destiny Islands Resident

For Jaden Yuki your Christmas gift request figured I'd give it to you a little early

[​IMG]