The Yugioh Card Duel Arena 11.0

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Grinding I think. Just like in tag force. Because it is tag force. Only worse.

2. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

It seems there is still life in this thread. Are any of the old gang still around?

3. SonGoku Destiny Islands Resident

I'm still kicking.

Jaden's given up.

Not sure where the rest of the gang went, literally has been years.

4. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Years come and go really fast these days. I doubt anyone even remembers the fun we used to have dueling here.

5. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

No idea. Also long time no see. How ya been homie?
    I guess I've just outgrown Yugioh now or something. But I know one thing for sure. The game changed so much that it just wasn't the same anymore. And I stopped finding it fun for that reason.

6. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

I've been well my old friend!
    And outgrowing something is normal when we get older.

7. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

https://www.duelingbook.com/
    Good news. For anyone interested.

That's right. Dueling Network is back bіtches. Only now it's under a different name.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  8. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

I thought you said good news :^)

9. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

You don't miss Dueling Network?

10. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Nope. YGOPro is a thing.

11. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

Back on the other subject, whoever thought it was a good idea to restrict spell/trap card destruction and allow people to spam monster destruction effects needs to be shot.

The game was better back when good moves were rewarded and poor play was punished. Heavy Storm provided that. But it isn't fair to be able to chain 2 MST's to your opponents end phase when they set two spell/trap cards. This format punishes people for being conservative, and rewards bad moves. And that is completely unfair.

12. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Spell/Trap destruction is now better than ever, so I don't get why are you saying its restricted.
    Other way around. Its not fair for one spell to destroy multiple cards for no cost. Using MST in this way provides 1-for-1 trade in resources. But it doesn't matter, since most of the backrow is irrelevant anyway.
    Game always punishes bad moves, but it shouldn't overly reward luck. People like to talk about how amazing it was to mind game with playing and playing around Heavy Storm, but the truth it, Heavy Storm rewards lucky players instead of the skilled ones.

This format rewards making a good board, not making bad moves.

On unrelated note, Dueling Book is so broken, their own features break the deck builder.

13. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

Apparently there must be a lot of new cards I don't know about. But I haven't been keeping up with the game in years. Go figure.

People shouldn't set every trap in their hand just because they have a lot of them. It's a noob mistake. Heavy Storm encouraged against that and helped neutralize those traps that eat you alive damn-near every turn.
    You're joking right?

That's how I feel about Raigeki, Dark Hole, Mirror Force, Torrential Tribute and Lightning Vortex.
    You can't hardly even get out any good monsters anymore. Everyone just spams destruction effects now. Where's the fun in that?
    Oh? How so?

14. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Yes. There are a lot of good (and balanced) ways to deal with backrow now. Galaxy Cyclone, Cosmic Cyclone, Twin Twisters and Heavy Storm Duster to name some relevant examples of decent backrow removal.

Nope. The future is now old man. Nowadays playing a lot of traps outside of having them in your Side Deck to deal with problematic match-ups or playing a trap centric deck is a noob mistake. Too many cards simply don't care about most traps you throw at them for it to matter as much as it used to matter.

The traps that still matter are the Solemn ones, because they always mattered, the ones that can be activated from hand (by them self) or deck (with help) and hand traps that aren't even trap cards, but monsters that activate from hand by discarding them self, and you still don't see the first group that often.

Well, then I have good news for you. Most decks don't even play those cards AT ALL. Not even in side deck.

Mirror Force is that much of a meme, that it has far better variations, and its own trap card that searches and recovers it for a discard.
    [​IMG]
    Mirror Force Launcher
    Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can discard 1 monster; add 1 "Mirror Force" from your Deck or GY to your hand. If this Set card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect and sent to the GY: You can Set this card from your GY and 1 "Mirror Force" from your hand, Deck, or GY to your field, also they can be activated this turn.

Nowadays you put Mirror Force in your deck as a joke, because... DWAWJ6gX4AEksC7.jpg large.jpg

Yes, they really did that in anime.

I might have agreed with you, but I don't, since I can semi-consistently pull of boards with potential 20900 damage using OJAMAS, using mostly inefficient anime boss monsters. If I were to do it efficiently, that board would be near unbreakable instead, while locking the opponent out of their extra deck.

So no, getting good monsters out isn't even close to hard.

The added a feature that lets you use a right click to put cards in your deck, but it also can disable being able to type with keyboard.

15. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

I see. Thanks for the info. But regardless the game is just way too broken now, the new cards suck, and it's just not fun anymore and I've outgrown it.

16. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

I might actually consider coming back to Duel and RP here for fun like I used to do if it weren't for the fact that the game has become so ridiculous now and has made so many changes and new cards since I last played. I don't have the time nor the patience to learn about them at this point.

17. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

I feel the same way about the new cards. In the past you had to plan out combos to use. These days so many cards go together that a monkey could win against anyone.

18. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

Indeed. And the game was much better back when it actually lived up to the name "Duel Monsters". I wish I had been playing back in the days of the tier one Blue-Eyes. Twas a glorious time so I heard. Nowadays instead of destroying by battle everyone just spams destruction effects and then attacks you directly. Imagine if in Chess you could just Heavy Storm, Dark Hole or Raigeki to get rid of all your opponent's pawns at once. Well that's what this is like. It's rеtarded. Or imagine if in Pokemon you could catch another Trainer's Pokemon with a Pokeball and instantly win the battle like how sometimes your opponent draws Snatch Steal and ends up winning because of it in one turn. That's what this is like. At least the latter is no longer a problem. God I used to hate Snatch Steal with a passion...

19. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Does anyone here play on Duel links?

20. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Once a year more or less