The Yugioh Card Duel Arena 11.0

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

Links??? I don't even want to know?

2. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/events/generationduel.html

I will play ZEXAL era or even ARC-V era (since I love Fluffals). But. LINKS. ARE. FORBIDDEN. IN. MY. PRESENCE.

Anyone up for a duel later?

3. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

4. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Since I finally have time to sit down, address this, and play some WTF Yakumo: Devil's Advocate.

The game is actually very far from being about destruction effects. It's all about advantage and maintaining it. The board isn't that important, unless you can maintain advantage you put in there. The reason why HEROes still somewhat stay in the meta (even if on lower tiers), is because they can generate advantage and deny it to your opponent.
    I won't deny that there are many destruction effects, but because there are many, it doesn't mean it's the focus.
    Plus, most of modern strong monsters have some effects to help them stay on field. Prevention of effect destruction isn't rare at all. You say you put out strong monsters and they get destroyed, but are they really strong, or you just think they are?

Your argument with banlist could be right, if not for the fact that you don't keep up with the game anymore. As it is, it's only partially correct. They should add to it more obnoxious OTK/FTK enablers that are still out to it, like Magical Library.
    Recently the only card that was moved down the banlist, that still was OP was Snatch Steal, but they rectified it in the next banlist. It was in December 2014, and since then they didn't made another **** up like that. The other ones may seem like that, but many people keep forgetting that most of them were erated. Many of them were so nerfed, that they practically don't see any play anymore.

The last thing to be addressed is inconsistency of your statements. You say that cards like Mirror Force and Dark Hole should be banned, but at the same time you want Heavy Storm, the same kind of annoying mass removal you claim is a problem, to get out of prison.
    Raigeki, Dark Hole and Interrupted Kaiju Slumber (because I only see one person playing Mirror Force, and it's me doing it for a meme) are the kind of cards to punish overcommitment to board and reward conservative play.

Do you see inconsistency now? You want a skill based game, where spamming cards is very likely to be punished, but you want for cards that actually punish overcommitment to go.

TL;DR - some of your arguments could be valid, if you talked about those issues from perspective of active player, and you are kinda right at least with Solemn, but Strike is a bigger issue.

5. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

Mmm... I could play on dueling nexus but I think you may not want to... Why not here for old times' sake? What would be the terms?

And excuse me if my replies are late, KH is scr**ing me over like it did with @Jaden Yuki .

6. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Ehh it can be on nexus. It's just a matter of me making an account.

7. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh. Very well then. Must take advantage before they change the format completely.

8. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Who should host?
    EDIT: Actually I will.
    https://duelingnexus.com/game/XVXQN

9. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

You, I guess.

10. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

11. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

12. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

It disconnected me from server for some reason. Let's try it again.

13. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

Seriously, I don't understand why my monster's effect didn't work. Maybe my connection is screwy in general.

14. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Maybe. Or they didn't script it properly.

15. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

They are spammed constantly. The game has pretty much gone from being "Duel Monsters" to "Duel Destruction Cards".

Stuff like Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of The Beginning, Fusions, Synchros, Xyzs.

I wouldn't put anything past them anymore.

Wait what are you talking about?

Anyone who sets every trap and quickplay spell in their hand is making a noob mistake. And Heavy Storm was there to punish them accordingly. But now it isn't.

Strike?

16. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

I feel like you are biased in this place, but they will continue to make such cards so there is some validity in saying that they are spammed.

BLS has no build in protection from anything, it's just big card with decent summoning condition and effect. You would have to be more specific with what you mean by the rest. For example when I'm thinking about a Fusion Monster, I thing Chaos Ancient Gear Giant, that is literally Sundowner.
    [​IMG]

Ring of Destruction, Rescue Cat, Sangan and many more got erratas to fix some aspects of them.
    For Example Ring of Destruction can now only be activated during your opponent's turn by targeting their monster, whose ATK is less or equal to your opponent's LP, and after destroying it it first inflicts to you it's original attack, and later to your opponent.
    They gave similar treatment to many cards, that later got moved out of forbidden list.

But Twin Twister is and Heavy Dust Storm soon will be out to do the same. This is still punished, only in more fair way.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Heavy Dust Storm
    Target up to 2 Spell/Trap Cards on the field; destroy them. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this card.

[​IMG]

You know, just this card that is out for over one year.
    [​IMG]

17. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

Eeeeh, I kinda sent you a reply. About a possible solution for this.

18. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

geez like I never left ... anyway has anyone seen Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions yet?

19. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Of course.

20. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

Is it good? Haven't seen it yet.