The Yugioh Card Duel Arena 11.0

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

(XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD knew he'd be pissed XD)

Hey don't look at me! I didn't ask her to come help me! She did it on her own!
    [​IMG]

Whoa that's too cool! What other Pokemon do you have?
    [​IMG]

We also have Darkrai with Z-Power and a Gengar that can Mega Evolve!
    [​IMG]

No way that is too cool!
    [​IMG]

2. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

"This has gotten to be a joke! I agreed to battle him, not that winged black Rapidash!"

silver with sneasel.png

3. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

(OMG I am laughing so hard right now XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD God I needed this. XD)

Why did thou just call me? We are not a Pokemon!
    [​IMG]

Thou disrespectful whelp!
    [​IMG]

(I haven't laughed this hard in years XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD)

4. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

(I need to stop RPing while my brain is drunk XD)

5. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

*raises an eyebrow* "...We?"

pksp-silver-silver-from-pokemon-adventures (not amused).png

(OOC: Alright)

6. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

(I love your portrayal of Silver. It's priceless. Also who saw Samurai Jack last night?)

7. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

(I didn't get the chance. And thanks.

And btw, new rule just in case we go back to dueling. NO. FREAKING. LINKS. And all of that nonsense involving them doesn't apply. Really, just when I thought Pendulums were bad enough)

8. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

(Wait there's a new kind of monster called Link Monsters now? What the heck are those?)

9. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

10. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

*sigh* Yugioh needs to just die already...They need to just discontinue the franchise...Seriously, Yugioh just keeps getting worse while Pokémon just keeps getting better.

11. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

Let this place be a safe haven for us nostalgic people at least. We should be able to duel the old way somewhere.

12. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

That's true. We can always just set terms in which only cards made before or after a certain date can be used.

13. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

It should be noted that I'm a rather tolerant person. I was even willing to give Pendulums a chance (since their concept seemed to make sense with a Harpie deck). But Links are beyond my breaking point.

14. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

I was willing to give Xyzs a chance. But then they moved Level Limit Area B and Gravity Bind down on the list and banned Heavy Storm. And even moved Mirror Force and Torrential Tribute down on the list. I drew the line there.

15. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah but at least here we can decide which cards to use. No such case for the Format of Links.

16. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

LLA-B, GB, MF and TT are trash. They can still be strong against older decks, but cards like Twin Twister exist, the discard 1 - destroy up to 2 S/T cards card.

Links are literally the best things to happen to the game. They power creep all extra deck spam by simply existing, and the 12000 LP duels slow down the game, leading to more interesting games. Plus it power creeps pendulums even more, by pushing pendulum zones to the back row.

17. Toon-Girl-Abby Merlin's Housekeeper

??? I hope this is sarcasm.

18. Yakumo Moogle Assistant

Why would it be? They are literally Blue Synchros that are easier to summon, and fix one of the biggest problems this game has.

19. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

[​IMG]

20. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

Anyway I might make a Pokemon Battle Arena soon. But it will be strictly for roleplaying. I'm not going to try to replicate the videogames. That would be WAY more trouble than it's worth.

On another subject I can't understand why this game is all about destruction effects. That's all anyone does anymore. They spam destruction effects. You can't hardly even get out a good monster anymore. And if you do it won't stay on the field long.

And banning Heavy Storm and unrestricting Mystical Space Typhoon was a terrible idea. The game is better when conservative play is rewarded and poor play is punished. Heavy Storm provided that. But this format punishes people for being conservative. And literally every single move you make is a gamble now if your opponent has any facedowns. Summon a good monster? Boom Bottomless Trap Hole, Solemn Warning, or Torrential Tribute. Try to Attack? Boom Mirror Force. Set one or two facedowns? Boom Mystical Space Typhoon. It's ridiculous...

I also don't like how they keep on moving different cards down from the ban list. They need to keep adding more overpowered cards to it and not take any down unless they're ones that are truly not a threat anymore. And they need to only ban splashable truly broken cards that give an unfair advantage over your opponent at no cost to you and things that make it easy to OTK or FTK someone. Change of Heart, Exchange of The Spirit, Magical Scientist and Cyber-Stein are good examples of this.

And if you ask me Raigeki, Dark Hole, Mirror Force and Lightning Vortex should all be banned permanently. Because they're just there as a crutch for weaker Duelists to instantly turn the game around for them. And from what I heard Konami does in fact keep some overpowered cards unbanned to help keep weaker players playing so they won't quit. But that's still no excuse if you ask me.

This is what I have to say to those people:
    [​IMG]