The Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Duel Arena 8.0!

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brooklyn Moogle Assistant

oh.. it's because I had a scrap worm irl.. not sure where that came from. I said "oh.. that's nice.. I could get out meklords faster with these.."
    then I decided to look at the other scraps.

2. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

Only four. The scraps were to support the Meklords. Eventually it evolved into meklords supporting Scraps.

Yea, they discard and recover without needing spells. It was the deck I'd been searching for; based on combos with the monsters rather than with S/T, fast and powerful enough to be useful, and with the new Synchro Monsters, which I hadn't found a deck I liked better than Genex for yet, but thought were cool.

3. I don't know what those fancy words you all use like archtype mean, but I know I like e heros and dragons.../wishes he could get on dn to make a e hero/dragon deck but can't

4. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    I understand what you mean...waiting on S/T sounds kinda boring, And frustrating, because what if you draw a handful of monsters while playing DW?Haha...You and brooklyn were looking for opposite goals in finding your decks xD. Maybe that's why your duels are so interesting...

5. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

Archetypes are groups like Elemental HERO, Lightsworn, Blackwing, Fabled, and Srcap, that have the same word or words in their name, and usually have support cards that indicate that name. Like how E- Emergency Call can add an "Elemental HERO" monster to your hand, and Blackwing - Bora the Spear can be special summoned if you have a "Blackwing" monster on the field.

6. Brooklyn Moogle Assistant

I know I would rather play fables than DW.
    I don't like how they rely mostly on S/T..

and yeah, I focus on the power of one and he focuses on the power of many.

Edit: unless i was using his deck of course, then it'd be different.

7. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

Your power of one is nice and all.. But it doesn't matter if your One is stronger than my One when mine is backed up by Brio, Mist Wurm, or Catsith.

8. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

Aren't all Fabled's Light? So...You could make like a Fabled Chaos World deck! Assuming thats not what Fred was talking about....

How do you guys know what you like?

9. Well I was a somewhat smart babay (I wonder what in the name of Dark Magican happed to that!) and I saw it in the tv, found a Khoribo in the middle of the street, and that's all she wrote.

10. Brooklyn Moogle Assistant

This has become an interview.

hmm.. I once made a fabled world deck. it sucked.
    I work much better with Fred's deck if I was playing any other deck besides my scraps and hieratic.
    hmm.. I think I play well with my evilswarms too I guess.

we know what we like by uhm.. I'll let Fred answer that question.

11. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

And I'm pretty sure you've killed me with all four!

Fred?

12. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

Fabled World is the combination of Fabled and Dark World, the main advantage of which is the Chaos cards work with it. My current Fables take advantage of Tourguide > Kushano, Snipe hunter, Gorz, Crow, and Doppelwarrior to include BLS, all of which help my strategy on their own (except crow, but he's basically a trap card and I don't run traps)

I was tired of the mindless gameplay I was used to from playing in the early days in the real world, where the game was just "I summon a monster with 1600 atk." "I summon one with 1800 attack, and attack" "I summon vorse raider, 1900 attack and attack." "Crap, gg. I set a card" "I summon Summoned Skull, 2500 attack, and attack." "I set a monster card" "I summon a monster and attack" until the person who didn't manage a tribute summon ran out of life points, and Synchro monsters added a way for weak monsters to combine to form strong monsters that could be used, unlike fusion in the 80+ card decks I was used to. That's why I wanted to use synchs.

I realized I like Fables because with most decks the interesting part was building the deck, not playing the game, and my strong suit is building bases, not modding them, so I quickly lost interest with decks, causing me to keep moving on. When I started playing Fables I started thinking a lot about my moves, and think ahead, which I never had to do before, so playing them was actually fun rather than just a test of whether I built the deck decently.

13. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

I see, I think when you joined you were still using Genex, Yes?
    Atleast that's what your first duel was with, I think. You destroyed everyone.

14. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

My first duel here was with Genex, which was the only Synchro Deck I had ever played at that point. I won my first duel because I was using Heralds, which make no sense.

15. /threadwithoverthelimitamountofpost

16. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

Really ?
    The way I remember it was you were dueling people and when they lost you ***** slapped them across the forum And you did that til everyone was dead. But them you gave them mercy and brought them back...

17. Brooklyn Moogle Assistant

@ Terra
    before I forget, Fred and I talked about Zombies being defensive.. kind of.
    you could try making one of those and see if they fit you.

18. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

I can say with relative certainty that that was not, in fact, a thing that happened.

19. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

Really?
    Aww...

@Brooklyn
    I've tried like 3 different Variants of zombies...Hmm...I shall make another one!

20. SirFred131 Merlin's Housekeeper

aaaand 100 posts over the limit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.